Shorten Harvest Pet Gathering Time!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by FalconClash, Jul 18, 2022.

1. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Please!!! 2 hours is just too friggin long! Especially when your internet time is limited! 30 minuets or less would be so much better, and maybe they will bring a pizza too.

Only my Swashy has Gathering Pets so far, Basic Pony and Goblin. It takes them forever to finish *sigh* -_-!

Edit: Would it also be possible to get a new Gathering Pet that Only gathers Seasonal Materials, like Brew Days, Frostfell materials and Shiny Cogs and such, during they’re events of course. The pet could be quest reward or buyable of some sort? Though not Marketplace, please.

(Edit again for clarification)
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, with limited rl play time 2 hours is long. But, really if you go out and harvest yourself it will take about that long to gather as much as the pony does. The pony can be upgraded to harvest seasonal, it's the very last thing involving Qho, he runs off to Ethernere and you gotta rescue him. What events give harvestables? I've played for years and don't recall ever getting resources as an event reward.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Just for clarification, are you looking for shorter runs with fewer materials? Or just the shortened time interval but the same return? I doubt they'd do the latter, but as the owner of a full stable of them, I'd never argue if they did!!

In the interim just get in the habit of clearing them and sending them out when you first log in. They work while you are logged out!

PS: As someone who occasionally sends the Pony out for the wrong materials, I wouldn't mind a cancel collecting option either!!
    Breanna, Jesaine, Twyla and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tkia Well-Known Member

If you can't harvest considerably more than the pony in 2 hours you're doing something seriously wrong! I just did a harvesting binge to replenish mining mats and where the pony and goblin combined brought me back 200 items per node in 2 hours I got over 2000 of the ones I actually wanted!

As for the time it's fine as it is. If you bring it down you'll end up doing nothing but cycling ponies from login to logout - especially if the reduced timer gave reduced return. It is after all suppsed to be a harvesting bonus, not a substiture for doing it yourself. I would kill for a cancel option though :)
    Sunlei, JanEQ, Jesaine and 1 other person like this.
  5. Riverbear Active Member

So, this thread is about dissatisfaction with the cycle time of our servants gleaning harvests from the field?
    Really?
    They do it FOR YOU!
    That should be enough.
    Jesaine and Twyla like this.
  6. Twyla Well-Known Member

I agree, I usually get tons more too. I was just using that as an example. LOVE the idea of cancel, can't tell you how many times I hit the wrong button because the silly pony moved its head thus moving the buttons to tell it what I want. :D
    Breanna likes this.
  7. FalconClash Well-Known Member

Not Materials as a reward, Materials that are only around during events, like Frostfell, Brew Days, and Bristlebane day. As well as currency that doubles as Craft Materials, like Shiny Cogs, and Candycorn.

I meant the new Pet should be an event reward or buyable.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. FalconClash Well-Known Member

When the nodes you need wont spawn. Like you need Ore but only Crystals are popping, or hunting Lumber but you're only finding Dens and Roots. Or you do find them but they wont give the Materials you actually need. You want Pelts but Dens only give Meat...
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

As I said, if you can't out harvest the pony you're doing it wrong. If you're not in a zone with hand placed nodes you need to clear cut. You'll waste far less time that way than you will hunting for specific nodes.
  10. Twyla Well-Known Member

Indeed, bushes and dens can drive me out of what is left of my mind. Need pelts get nothing but meat...I've being tricky and saying out loud (I swear they can hear it) I need meat when I really need pelts. :) And whoever decided roots should come from bushes should be strung up by their toes and beaten with all those way too many roots. :rolleyes: Your prior about the cogs etc., gotcha. That makes sense. It still doesn't solve the problem of the ponies and goblins seem to be in mortal fear of severed cedar, 13 toons and counting send them out get (if the stars align just right and the gods smile on me) 1. The other rares at that level drop very nicely, usually.

Tkia - again I was using that as an example. I get on the forums late at night and don't have the brain power left to do the calculations you seem to want. I know what you're saying, I usually clear harvest until the end when I still need x or y and it didn't drop during my rounds, or to level the one little harvest skill I have left on my baby toon who's out there. :D
    FalconClash likes this.
  11. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Well, roots are used to some degree by the vast majority of crafting professions, so it's no surprising there's so many of them.

Personally, I would love to see the bush harvests split into two nodes though. One for veggies and one for coffee and tea. They're by far the most tedious to harvest, with Dens coming in second. Meat vs Pelts is a PITA though. There's a few "Gathering Obsession" quests where I've gotten almost 800 pelts before I got the meats I needed.

The Gathering Goblin and Pack Pony were meant to supplement our harvesting work though, not replace it.
  12. Twyla Well-Known Member

Yes, but putting the roots on the bushes kinda makes the root nodes useless, imho. Love the idea of separating the bushes into two nodes, bushes and trees maybe (don't see that happening but, it's nice to dream). :) Yes, the ponies and goblins are meant to be supplements not primary gatherers. At this point mine are sent out every day just on the off chance they come back with a rare or three allowing my chars to do more than farm.
    Breanna and Jesaine like this.