Shoot down the seagulls, all the seagulls bunched up in the air...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Wurm, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

And didn't fly towards me today. They stayed bunched up in one spot and did move at all. I kept getting the message

I had to fly out to them before they started to move. So I ended up with 38 of 50.

I knew that you could fly out to them, but up to now, I haven't had to fly to beat the quest timer. I've always been able to do it while standing on the point of the cliff and hitting the F key.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Lots of people were having odd problems yesterday. I've had that particular problem before when there was a massive lag spike.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Maybe they are getting smarter.
    Wellknownmember, Gaealiege and Wurm like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I curious where they come from in such large numbers...there is obviously some mid-air portal to a grand Seagull world, just hovering there unseen just off the cliff in Tranquil Sea. I'll bet it would be a good place to start up an umbrella franchise...

On a more thread-related note: if it helps the devs, I ran a bunch of toons of various adventure levels through the seagulls today and they behaved as normal [i.e., materializing from Seagull World, then flying unknowningly towards their certain doom], so this would seem to be an intermittent issue [which is worse than a consistently reproducible one :^( ].
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Azian and ttobey like this.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

"So long and thanks for all the fish" - Dolphins & seagulls
    Charlice and Shmogre like this.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

Every time I see one of these threads I cringe. The birds are level 97 and I hate to think how many I killed for advanced craft books, and how many players I angered.
    I didn't know about the seagull quest at the time ... *runs away ....
  8. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Don't worry, different birds. The quest birds are invisible to anyone not actively on the quest.
    Wellknownmember, Shmogre and Charlice like this.
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

oh thank goodness. it honestly made me feel like shrinking into a corner.