She Returns (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Anestacia, Jun 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Vaedaer@Blackburrow wrote:
    If you want to prove me wrong, then prove me wrong.
    When I started playing Everquest in the opening week, I remember exactly 6 faces for each race and gender. This did not change, even after Luclin came out. There was more customization with hair styles, hair color, eye color, beards, tattoos, and such, but there was still only 6 faces. For High Elf, Wood Elf, Half Elf, Dark Elf, and Human females, none of them looked old. None of them had signs of aging.
    In fact, when EQ2 first announced that the character customization for Humans, Dwarves, Barbarians, Gnomes, and Halflings would have an Age slider to make them look as young or old as you wanted, it was treated as a rather big deal.
    Besides, there may be graphical issues or matters of opinion where you might think some facial feature is the result of aging, but could just be how they look period.
    If you want to prove me wrong, then I graciously wait for you to do so.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vaedaer Guest

Females don't, but males do. You never said it was only females you were talking about, neither did I said they looked gandalf kind of old, just that they showed physical aging (males atleast ... ya know, females are rarely made looking older on mmos) which is my whole point. Regardless the males DO have older looks, most of their facial choices are /shrug I'd say its a matter of opinion but it isn't.

Anywho if you want to continue this lets do so on PMs, lets not derail this thread anymore.
  3. ARCHIVED-Vaedaer Guest

Rezikai wrote:
    Eh afaik they finished that GM event and she got "rescued" and then eventually just poofed on DoD pre release events while fighting Lanys for the 120,439,340th time. You can probably still find Sir Jevik Isqual by ToFS on Iceclad.

Edit: Alla has the links for the quests for the event still
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=3022 starter iirc and last one http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=3025

But still, she just dissapears on DoD and appears again on Seeds of destruction along with Lanys on the third event of discord tower raids ... Which is kind of the blue and stuff but yeah.

for those curious, out of alla too the dialogue when you beat their event on discord =P its ... I honestly think its pointless o_O Still doesn't change the fact that FV returning its kind of awesome ... tho, deep down in my heart, I wanted her dead.

Pixtt Curator of Discord has been slain by _____!

Firiona Vie says 'Thank you for saving us from the Curator. I did not wish to spend the rest of eternity in his clutches.'

Lanys T`Vyl says 'Bah. They were not here to help us. They were just here to strip-mine the place of treasures. They are no better than the discordians themselves. I would as soon thank worms as to thank these. . . adventurers.'

Firiona Vie says 'Lanys! Not that I should expect any different from you, but you must admit that in the end they helped you, no matter what.'

Firiona Vie crosses her arms and glares around at the gathered beings.

Firiona Vie says 'Well I for one thank you. Unfortunately I must take my leave immediately and evaluate what has happened while I was away.'

Lanys T`Vyl says 'I will leave this be only for now. I will be coming for you shortly Firiona.'

back to lurking ~
  4. ARCHIVED-Garnaf Guest

I'd like to observe that both those events (ToFS Reclaiming Lifeguide and SoD Tower) are decidedly Non-Canon for EQ2. Particularly the SoD is quite literally IMPOSSIBLE with the route the storyline took (Discord never happened, no Mata Muram means no SoD). The ToFS quest is still possible (on an outside chance) but so unlikely that I think it'd be more likely for Kerafyrm to be killed by a flaming waffle shot out of an ogre's nose.

Unfortunately the last official action involving Firiona Vie (other than her being kidnapped at the start of Kunark, which didn't last long, nor really do anything important) was Bloody Kithicor, which was also the last official action involving Lanys. Shortly after the event (and until the Hate revamp) Lanys could be found in Hate near Innoruuk's area (though her name wasn't given it was obviously her. Always spawned as female, mentioned something about her father being past her, yadda yadda.) She vanished when they revamped Hate, but in the EQ2 storyline she was made demigoddess of Envy, her sword (Sedition) eventually ends up as the SK Fabled epic, and the whole point of the Mythical quest is essentially to kill her off permanently (you gather the materials to focus the Bloodmoon Gem in the sword's crossguard, with the original intent of restoring Lanys. At the end of the quest however you decide to make the ritual attune the Bloodmoon Gem to yourself, purging Lanys' essence from Sedition, and the Demi-Sphere of Envy. This prompts the quest giver to attack you.)
    Yup, that's right, like so many other class epics, the SK's quest does something really patently absurd (you effectively make yourself the demi-god/goddess of Envy!)
  5. ARCHIVED-Vaedaer Guest

Dranikos@Butcherblock wrote:
    I know its none cannon, was just linking stuff for rezi (or anyone else that might be curious) to know wth is going on EQ1 with FV and see how big of a senseless mess it is lol

Anywho given the EQ1 mess, I don't find the EQ2 "Hey I was here all along!" lame or anything /shrug I took it as a pleasent surprise and it sure to heck beats a "Thank you for rescuing me!" then appearing like 4 years later or w/e "Woo I am in discord and I wont tell you how I got here!!1!1"

all in all, let's see if any other old faces appear : p
  6. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Not exactly. You left out a few details. After the Battle of Bloody Kithicor in 1999, they spent most of 2000 telling FV's encounters in Kunark, as well as Lanys' story as well. Lanys started to abuse her position as the Daughter of Hate and Demi-Goddess of Strife (yes, Strife. They made her Envy here in EQ2, but she was Strife in EQlive.)
    At the end of the Kunark arc, The Lifeguide Staff had been broken up into segments, and Lanys started to track them down. Her ultimate goal was to pretty much destroy all life on Norrath with it (hence, strife.) Neriak, of all cities... was not happy to hear this. Daddy wasn't too pleased either. Under the King's orders, Neriak's army marched to the Rathe Mountains to fight against Lanys and her followers. Lanys was killed in battle and her body taken back to Neriak, where a ritual would be performed where Innoruuk himself would take her soul from the body and absorb it back into the Plane of Hate.
    In the Spring of 2001, it was revealed that some cultists had managed to steal away her body They holed themselves up in Befallen in an attempt to bring her back to life. Her soul was gone, but they figured they could put a new one inside and bring her back to life. Neriak's scouts and soldiers managed to stop them before they could get anywhere, and they immediately held a ritual in Neriak where her body was burned to ashes.
    When June came around, the Bloodsabers began spreading their three plagues across the plains of Karana, though this event isn't directly related to the rest of this post.
    In July, Cazic Thule decided to taint the Lesser Faydark region and corrupt it. The whole forest turned blood red. Imps, Frights, Skeletons, and other evil creatures roamed around. Cazic also corrupted Equestrial, a famous unicorn that the elves had a great respect for. It came down to Firiona Vie to put a stop to the corruption. Cazic knew what Firiona was trying to attempt. Since killing Equestrial was out of the question, the only way to cure Equestrial of her corruption was to cut off her horn. The only way for FV to do that was to touch the horn herself.
    Cazic Thule then came to the forest to deal with Firiona herself, but Tunare appeared and fought him off. Before he left, Cazic laughed that while his corruption was now cleared from the forest, Firona Vie herself would be forever tainted because she had to touch the horn to cut it off. FV knew of this, but accepted the consequence anyway.
    (BTW, Equestrial the Corrupted is still found in Lesser Faydark by the Obelisk of Blight, but there's no indication whether this was as a result of Cazic Thule or the Void.)
    It was around September or so that Firiona Vie learned that the last part of the Lifeguide staff had been taken to the Tower of Frozen Shadow, but this is where the story was dropped. By this time, Verant had become part of SoE entirely. They started firing GM's, so they couldn't hold these events as often. The last GM event I remember them holding was when Al'Kabor opened up a teleportation portal leading up to Luclin and stabilizing the spires so that people could travel back and forth between Norrath and Luclin.

Despite my disposition and attitude so far in this thread, these events were among some of my favorites to follow along with back then. The temporary revamps to Befallen, Lesser Faydark, and the Karanas were quite fun. I probably wouldn't have such an issue with FV returning if either A: The devs had not said that they wanted to leave Firiona out of EQ2 and make Antonia and Lucan this game's mascots, or B: There was some better lead-in to better suggest that she would be returning. I mean just a little bit of a better hint that she might be coming back.
    Then again, I've also come to realize that just by clicking on this thread the day before I could do the quest myself, I have only myself to blame for reacting to the spoiler itself rather than the revelation.
  7. ARCHIVED-Garnaf Guest

Equestrielle is the only being in Lesser Fay that wasn't cleansed when Firiona Vie purged Cazic-Thule's taint. After the event Equestrielle could be found wandering the Lesser Faydark turned into a black horse (instead of the white unicorn she once was). She dropped horn fragments and was kill on sight to everyone. So I'll go out on a limb here and say that it's still Thule's taint that corrupts her.
    Essentially Firiona had to make a choice IIRC. Killing Equestrielle would purify HER but leave the Lesser Faydark corrupt forever, while using Equestrielle's horn would have the opposite effect, leaving the unicorn forever corrupt, and Lesser Faydark pure. Firiona's taint from the event came from the fact that, no matter what, she couldn't win and basically had to forever condemn someone.
    http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/s...h.shtml?id=6601
    Cazic Thule is rather fond of those "even if I lose, I still win" scenarios. This event is a good example (and if it can be accepted as true, the book Pond to Paladin is another).

Also, Lucan and Antonia havn't really been the game's mascots in forever. They've not been on box art or loading screens since pre-DoF. Really EQ2 doesn't have a true "mascot" in the same way Firiona Vie was the mascot of EQ1.
    If she was really and truely in hiding there wouldn't be many hints about it, but as was pointed out before: Al'Kabor gives you a letter for her (before we knew Eva was Firiona this sparked a debate in my guild about the connection between them, since we doubted Al'Kabor would trust such knowledge with someone he didn't know.) and WAAY back in EoF it WAS said that 2 of the prophets were returning from EQ1. Danak and Eva were the confirmed pair (confirmed by the God of Lore himself, so that's pretty much inargueable. Say what you will, this was apparently decided quite some time ago). So there were (very subtle, and only obvious in hindsight) hints that Eva wasn't who she claimed to be.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Technically that doesn't make you a demi-god. All this does is give you a power feed like many of the non-dieties in Norrath have that use divine type powers (example: Veneril Satheris).
    What makes you a demi-god is having a true diety imbue you with a portion of their power over a sphere of influence they control.
    The origional hope was that Sedition could feed enough power to Lanys that she could restore herself. Now this hope is gone as you've decided to absorb this power instead of using it to resurrect Lanys. Lanys could technically still be revived by other means. Her follower's lost their best chance at reviving her, that's all.
  9. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Teehee! Not just kill on sight, but "spot you and tear completely across the zone to come stomp you" on sight :D
    I remember living in mortal terror that Equestrielle would hear me breathing when I stepped into LFay and come run me down. It was one of those exciting little thrills like running like a maniac through Kithicor at night.
  10. ARCHIVED-Eagle Eyes Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

I've got screenshots (somewhere) of Firiona Vie coming to the Elven Court and announcing that she would cleanse the forest. Some of the most memorable times in EQ1 and EQ2 were the GM events (while they lasted).