Shattered Overtures but other (pre-expansion quests) now and the future...

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Test Taffies, Sep 16, 2023.

1. Test Taffies Active Member

Hey Y'all,

While I've been working on the factions quests for this short term pre-expansion event of shattered overture. That the gathering/crafting is laborious (extremely grindy and boring after a while) especially if you have many characters on different servers who you want to have this recipe... the max faction is needed each time. Uuugggh.

So, why is the faction gathered not account wide? Do it once and done... like the Panda thing.

Maybe in the future this could occur. Please.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sheyn Member

The Mirestone Building Blocks Recipe has trade-able non-Lore tag of just: No-value
    Drigg_AB and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Just buy the furniture with one toon and trade it to everyone. It's not like the faction will be needed for anything in the future.
  4. Almee Well-Known Member

I can't express what I feel about the Shattered Overture tradeskill questline, for the prequel, and not get banned. How you all think it is remotely "fun," for people primarily interested in crafts and decorating, is beyond me. First of all, I wasn't prepared to be attacked by a mob that took 3 minutes to kill with my ill-equipped SK. And mentoring down just turned it red. The evac totem didn't work so I had to use one of my veteran reward evac potions. I am furious that I won't be able to get the new furniture, as my hands can't take endless fights. It is a truly rotten way to treat your tradeskill/decorator players.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Then don't fight. Go speak with the armorsmith underneath the dock in Nektulos, ask for someone to spare you some 300 of the essences (they're ABUNDANT all over the beaches), and just craft your way to the faction. Each crafting quest took me maybe.... 10 seconds. Each. Complete the quest, immediately start it again, grab the materials right off to the side, craft for 10 seconds, repeat.

The tradeskillers and decorators on Maj'Dul had 50,000 max ally faction within the first hour of the prelude event because it just went that fast for them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  6. Almee Well-Known Member

It isn't the abundance of essences that is the issue. It is the freaking mobs that attack us while trying to harvest essences. The mobs, that attack 125-level characters, are apparently assuming players have completed RoR overland content, at least, and have multiple high-level spells. I was too busy decorating and playing on KD to do RoR even though I bought the xpacs for it.

Usually, the devs let us mentor down, similar to fighting the mobs in NoTD graveyards. But they didn't do that with the prequel. And that shuts me out as I spend almost all my time, on the live servers, decorating. I'm not equipped to fight anything above VoV and I'm sure there are a lot of other people in the same boat who are primarily crafters and decorators.

But if harvesting the essences is so easy, please feel free to send 300 of them to Lizzele on AB, MD, Thurgadin, and/or Public Test because right now, I feel like the $1,000+, I spend on this game each year, would be better spent elsewhere.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The mobs were level 90 when I mentored down to level 90. They were 80 when i mentored down to 80. This event is designed for all players to participate regardless of level. Just chrono down below 100 and have your mercenary kill them. If you still can't harvest the essences, then someone else would absolutely be willing to spare you some. They're abundant and not worth anything on the broker, so people would be willing to give them away. If many of Maj'Dul's decorators had 50,000 faction in the first couple of hours of the entire event because it was that easy for them to tradeskill, then I don't know what would be causing you so much trouble that you can't tackle it from a different approach.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  8. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Almee, the essences also spawn in water off the beach/dock and the waters in Thunderring steppes have no mobs besides normal teen level sirens and fish. That's where I harvest all my essences for me and alts to craft
    Feara, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know the THING that Almee was muttering about, and I say, amen to her. It's just one critter, that looks like an ancestral armadillo, orange-y, and way too jacked up (though my level 120 Illusionist, with just semi-average 120 stuff, was able to kill it easily, since it was, strangely, only level 120 to him...but 125 to every other toon I have, and the gods help us if that thing lands anywhere near my other Hordelings). They occasionally land with an incoming meteorite; they aren't the flobby, squishy, irritating metal glob things that Lera probably loves*, they're nasty PoS's, and I don't understand why they aren't snuggling up to Dr. Arcana (or whatever his name is; Arcana-'cana Bo-ber-na Fee-Fie-Fo-cana...) instead of bothering us at TS and Nek. >:-/

*at least we didn't have things attacking us, much, while doing the RoR prequel, depending on level

Uwk

EDIT: Hmm! Got a PM from a friend about this: apparently, their level is going off of whoever's closest to them when they spawn (which would make sense with my level 120 boy), or the highest/lowest/whichever level is in the zone, or some other mysterious factor. At any rate, I still don't see why they have to bother the rest of us. >:-/
    Almee likes this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the nasty MOB that got me both times I was harvesting. You can't mentor down against this mob. I tried that and he just turned red and resisted everything I threw at him. I finally decided to take a full group with me, figuring the mercs could deal with it, so naturally, not one hit me the whole time I was harvesting in TS, today.

I'm going to take a full group on the other three servers just in case this sucker pops up again. It isn't a matter of not being able to kill it, as that is possible, but I'm almost 80 and spend over 16 hours a day using my hands. I got hit twice, back to back, and I can't put that much intense wear and tear on my hands. I do have an active life outside this game.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, for the most part, I just try to avoid the bugger, unless there's someone else on that's a lower level than I that has no interest in going after it. Or if I'm the only one around (I have odd hours), hopefully it'll spawn at white to me and I won't have an issue with it. :)

Uwk
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

I found that I can run away from it but have only encountered it once since I wrote my post. I didn't know the ground shaking meant there might be a level mob attached to the blast. Now that I know where the mob comes from, I just check, when there is a blast, and if the mob pops, I avoid it.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The ground shaking are the meteors hitting the area. You'll see a large yellow circle appear before you see a giant rock fall out of the sky. It can cause some minor damage if you get hit by it, but i'm still not sure just what actually spawns the bulwark creatures.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me neither; I think it's random, but yeah, if there's an impact (which you can totally tell is being aimed by someone, considering the big target circle painted on the ground just before... :-/), it might show up, might not. X-P

I was having all sorts of fun, I must admit, wiping up the beach with those things when I was the only one around nearby at 120. It wasn't a one-shot fight, but it was fun, and I hope I kept it off of lower levels there. :) Makes up for the time that bloody thing scared the carp out of my poor "mere" 118 gal and ran her off the Thundering Steppes beach. :-/

Uwk
    whose 120 actually DID get hit directly by a meteor, because she couldn't find the stupid pixel that you're supposed to be able to guess, location-wise, to "examine the meteorite damaged area" or whatever when you first get in to the Nek docks quests (and yeah, not much in the way of damage). X-P Apparently, you have to wait until there's an actual strike? Wiki has NO information whatsoever on it, other than maybe the collection quest :-/
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My question is this, and maybe I've missed an answer somewhere (possible):

Is there a way for my under-125 toons (basically, all of them) to get faction with these Sky twerps via other means than risking Carpal Tunnel Syndrome at the crafting stations? Just talking with the various adventure quest givers (which includes the crates by themselves) doesn't seem to do much good...it could maybe, finally, get me into positive faction, but after that it's lather, rinse, repeat. At least with the RoR prelude, we could get three special mats per node, there were three different types of crafting we could do, we weren't getting interrupted constantly at our gathering by stupid squishy things (I'm sure Lera has no desire whatsoever to do this; her poor squishies! :() that want to commit suicide, and there were lots of lovely building blocks on the merchant that I would've loved to have gotten a recipe book for. >:-/

Is there a dungeon or 3 nearby that a "mere" level 118-120 can go solo into and have the things in there be less than level 130 and all aggro? :-/

Uwk
    who's been massively disappointed by claims of "Only level 100-110! Honest! We mean it! /giggle :D" (or "Level 110! :D" or "Level 120! :D") and not finding anything in a zone less than 5 levels above my poor level 100s (or 110s or 120s) and 99% of it aggro X-P

P.S. Every time I do this tweak-my-wrists lather-rinse-repeat crafting, I wind up at 49,500 faction...who did the numbers on this and came up with that (if memory serves, it was the same with RoR)?? :-/ --U.
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

So, I just saw one of those burnished underbulks spawn right where a meteor crashed. They are creatures found in the upcoming expansion, and there's a story element about pieces of the overrealm falling down to Norrath. Basically, these things are just minding their business in their homes up in the Overrealm when they fall from the sky and emerge from the impact points.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And then go aggro... X-P

Well, maybe they're just hacked off at being there in the first place... :-/

I did notice that there were times when I was the only one online at the Nek beaches, but I had mentored down from like level 110 to 105 or so to be able to hit anything and do damage to it before we all succumbed to old age and boredom. It couldn't've been reacting to anyone else there, it being an empty zone at the time but me, but it still landed at level 110, which was the level of the overall quest (which I'd gotten at level 105; it did NOT adjust to my mentored level >:-/).

So, I wonder about all of our various theories on its level; it could be that the ones that were level 120 when my highest level on another toon was only 118 were either rounding up for me, or were reacting to someone else's quest level that was in the zone at TS at the same time I was for that toon (entirely possible; I knew I wasn't alone then and there).

Uwk