Shattered Overture Solos - What Changed?

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by ZUES, Sep 30, 2023.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm just getting wrecked! What changed? Is it on my end or are you guys also seeing this?
    Feara and Twyla like this.
  2. Thatdarncat Active Member

Something literally changed as I was playing around the same time as the OP started this thread. I was in Sandstone Delta doing some quests and one-two shotting everything and then I pulled a hippo and suddenly it was like fighting a named. Every pull after that has been the same. Relogged, no difference. Changed zones. The same. I'm trying various things now but it looks like it's nothing on my end so far.

Edit: Looks like I'm doing about a tenth of the damage and receiving about a tenth of the healing. Seems to be in Renewal of Ro zones only. In Vitrovia everything looks normal.
    Feara and Twyla like this.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

I have cleared these solos at least 2 dozen times now. Now I'm struggling to get thru the first named bosses. Over a dozen deaths. Something changed. The first names in Imprinted for example, 2 deaths each. I have never died to them before. I triple checked every slot of gear. Merc is out, familiar is in, mount is up. All buffs are turned on AND I'm in defensive mode! Over 20k mitigation and 3.6 bil health. And I'm going down like a sack of potatoes. As if the merc isn't even there.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. ZUES Well-Known Member

I just got double tapped for 11.3 billion. This is just one example. It's possible that his was a fail mechanic and that this is a bad example. But I've never been hit that hard in these zones. I died on every single boss. I only got thru them with pure luck.

[IMG]
    Twyla likes this.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

6. ZUES Well-Known Member

7. ZUES Well-Known Member

8. Taled Well-Known Member

Sovereign Cry is you not jousting behind the mob when you're told to. You take the frontal, you're going to get run over by a truck.

Not sure what you're trying to show off here except that you died twice - None of the hits here are particularly hard, those are fairly average max hits for a solo zone.

I don't see anything in what you've posted that says that anything is 'different' or 'wrong' - and at 1PM on a Saturday, it's particularly unlikely any Darkpaw folks were pushing any changes to the servers.
    Dude and Twyla like this.
  9. Roxtar Member

Sometimes buffs fall off like your mount or mount buff, familiar or familiar buff
    Melkior and Twyla like this.
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve by mansplaining and speculating about my scenario. You seem to be the forum troll here. Always interjecting your unsolicited mansplaining and trying to belittle people. Nobody here asked for or wants your terrible advice or feedback, unless it contributes positively to the conversation.

What part of "I have cleared these solos at least 2 dozen times" don't you understand? And aren't you the one that said I wouldn't be able to do them in a previous thread? You don't know what class I am, what merc I use, what buffs I had in or what AOE blockers I had up. You just incorrectly assumed this was a random complaint. You didn't even take the time to ask questions. You just assumed and speculated.

Next time use a little common sense and deductive reasoning when replying to my content. Contribute to the conversation or don't type anything! And for the record I have had a super busy week. This was my first set of solos in 7 days. I never said, hinted at, suggested or implied that whatever caused this just arrived. It could have been in the last patch. But something changed. I don't need you to agree or disagree.
  11. Rojjr Active Member

Taled is giving you legitimate advice, and he is correct. Maybe you could figure this out if you put as much effort into learning a fight that literally only has one mechanic as you did into typing up that post and attacking someone trying to help you.
    Dude likes this.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

What advice would that be? He or she has gone to pretty much every post that I have made since returning to the game. And every time it's a jab. This was not an "attack", it was an in-kind reply. I have been able to eat every fail mechanic until now. And I even posted a parse without the fail mechanic, just because I knew someone like him/her would reply. I even mentioned that's the double tap 11 bil was probably a fail mechanic that went thru. It's not about how hard the named are hitting, it's about how fast the damage is coming in. It's about how ineffective my defiler merc is at this content now. Something changed, as I said. I have done these many times. It's worth at least mentioning (as I have) and discussing. I would like to do so without jabs. Is that too much to ask? My very first post was a question.
  13. Taled Well-Known Member

You know, I was going to type out a real response, but I'm just going to ask a question instead: Other than replying to the thread about mount resolve being removed not actually mattering, where exactly are you coming from with this 'Taled attacks me in every post I make'?
    Dude likes this.