Shards of Drinal: Trial of Everafter

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ashlie, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlie Active Member

So, with the introduction of the heroic characters being level 90, there is a new quest in Eidolon Jungle. As with the quest in the Great Divide, non-heroic characters can also do this quest. Though I've run into a slight problem. I get to the step where I am suppose to talk to the Steward of Drinal and the one I've found in Eidolon won't interact with me. The ones in Obol plains just reply to me with their Mortal Champion speach.
    oakmiser likes this.
  2. Kenneth Member

I am having the same problem. Drinal's steward at Ashen Tower doesn't work.
  3. Kenneth Member

Also, I followed the in-game quest helper and it lead me to Feerrott. There I found a nice little blue spot on the map with a label that calls out to speak with Steward of Drinal. Best I can tell is the blue dot is a tree.
  4. Wintir Active Member

Hi Folks,

I found an NPC quest giver named Valkiss in The Eidolon Jungle at the starter area. He offered an SQ called "Shades of Drinal: Trial of Everafter."

I took the quest, ran with it, and it now says to "Speak with the Steward of Drinal". The problem is, he's nowhere to be found. I did the whole formal SQ long ago for this expansion, so maybe that's the problem.

Is this quest broken or am I missing something here. I googled the usual suspects for quest write-ups and found NOTHING :(

Any advice would be wonderful, please.

Thanks!
  5. Kander Developer

That is the level 90 heroic character quest. You shouldn't even be able to get it unless you are a starting heroic character. If you are not a starting heroic character, then its a bug you have it and you will not be able to complete it.

We'll look at it.
  6. Wintir Active Member

Used the old Jedi Mind trick on em, Kander.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

An update from Kander in another thread:
  8. Kander Developer

Its a bug that anyone other than a starting level 90 Heroic Character can get this. You will not be able to complete it.

We'll fix it so no one other than Heroic Characters can start it. If you have it and you are not a level 90 Heroic Character, you may as well delete it.
    Shmogre and Kuulei like this.
  9. floofloobunny Active Member

when you say starting lvl 90 heroics you mean newly created toons? or are upgraded lvled to 90 heroic toons included too?
  10. Ashlie Active Member

That's a shame. Though we were able to do and complete that went live with the level 85 heroics, so why should this one be any different? Like, Burl, I feel cheated out of quest just because we worked our characters up from level 1 and can't do this quest JUST because we didn't create a heroic character.
    Rakk likes this.
  11. Rakk Active Member

Same thoughts here, at 90+ I am "heroic" :), but I've got there myself rather then taken a shortcut.
  12. Feldon Well-Known Member

A quest restricted to Heroic characters only? I think quest completionists will not be a fan of this idea.
    Finora likes this.
  13. Kander Developer

To be clear, this is a version of the first signature quest in Eidolon. Its slightly different at the beginning. So it isn't a quest for only heroic characters, its their version of the quest that is available to everyone.
    Kittybock and Feldon like this.
  14. Burl New Member

Ok, is it just me or did anyone else remember a quest that was similar to this one, maybe my brain is getting old but I for one think i would have remember doing a quest that was slightly the same as another?
  15. Brewslayer New Member

Please send the in-game signature quest mail out for all level 90 toons and whatever else needs adjusting (npc, etc) so non heroic can run the questlines. Thx
  16. Ashlie Active Member

If it's similar, why not just have given them the same one we had?
    Finora likes this.
  17. Kander Developer

Once again, if you have this quest and you are not a level 90 heroic character. You will not be able to complete it. If you have the quest and you are not a level 90 heroic character, you will need to delete it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.