Shard of Hate: Heroic / Trapped Bellhop Broken / Unrealstic lock out timer

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Vlkodlak, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Flight mechanic is broken for Trapped Bellhop, spawns correctly, after that 3-6 pieces of armor spawn at once, 40+ clicks is average to get them to despawn per item. Group has no time to remove armor before we are one shotted for 200+ mil damage.

Also, this is the first name in this zone for the day, currently we are locked out for 18 hours with no options to reset the zone with this broken encounter. As with all other zones, should be reduced to 3 hours.
  2. Kari Well-Known Member

I bugged it in game, but our group had the issue with him that his "check out" effect was triggering "cheap tipper" even when we were jousted out to 23 meters.
  3. slica Active Member

Lock out timer is fine..the armor sets that drop justify the lock out timer length.
  4. Bawkan New Member

Bellhop is probably one of the hardest fights in the zone because of how fast you have to click on the clothes before he finishes check out's cast. Its possible to kill him thought it might take a few tries.
  5. Chrol Developer

The number of clicks to clear the discarding clothing will be reduced.

I've yet to reproduce this. So far each time Check Out expires, Cheap Tipper is not hitting me if I'm beyond 10 meters of The Trapped Bellhop.
    Hiza likes this.
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Thank you for following up and investigating. FWIW, it was hitting random members of our party after the joust, and not everyone every time. We made quite a few attempts at following the script, but we ended up just overpowering it so we could progress through the zone.
  7. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

8. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This is unrealistic expectation for the first named pulled in the zone. As a first tier name in the zone, this encounter should be on par with the other first names. If it is meant to stay at this difficulty then simply move it to another level in the zone.
    southpaw likes this.
  9. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

The gear and armor crates that are dropping as far from worth the 18 hour lock out. Armor drops besides being far and few between, are on par with the expert gear currently dropping. The set bonus are disappointing and trivial. Those zones are re-settable in 90 min's.

18 hours should never be used unless for x2 content or the like.

As mentioned above, if groups have spawned a particular name that is acting buggy, as we have seen many times already, they are locked from the zone with no recourse to ever complete.
  10. southpaw Member

Running it today and finding the same issue. Jousted out and getting 165,269,178 magic damage is not fun. He also seems unreliable as to whether he stays put when we joust or runs round like a headless chicken.