shard armor issue for preds after GU52

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Zin`Carla, Jun 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Asif Guest

Skwor wrote:
    Hmmm this is a scout board has nothing to do with any other class but scouts.
    As for the armor problem i dont know what to say i was lucky and picked the assassin t2 armor , i would think it should beable to be exchanged as this change came in quit late into this expansion and alot of people have had their armor for quit awhile now.
  2. ARCHIVED-bluefish Guest

Kaalenarc@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    EXTREMLY bad analogy
    the difference between the two sets of shard armor is no where NEAR the difference between a corvette and a kia
    Its more along the lines of you buy a corvette, and had the option to get high performance radials or racing slicks. you drive it on dry pavement for a while and love the performance you get formthe slicks, then a few monts later chevy says Oh we have to take those tires back because they were never intentionally supposed to be used for street use .. so you get high performance radials instead.
    you made a choice that was originally unintended but at the time available.. same as in this game an d you was SOE to compensate you for it??

Honestly I hope they do offer an exchange .. but if they I will still enjoy playing either way ..
  3. ARCHIVED-TygerMeow Guest

ArivenGemini wrote:
    And it is... ? Can you provide a lootdb or Zam link or at least the specific name of one of the pieces?
  4. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Teeboy@Butcherblock wrote:
    To further correct the analogy:
    You buy a corvette, and took that racing slick option and love it, then chevy comes along 4 years later and says we have to take those slicks back. And doesnt give you the performance radials in return.
  5. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Tyger@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Oh, you wanted names.. Um, cant recall the whole name, but Soul Lancer is in the name of the tier 2 hybrid stuff I believe.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Soul Lancer set had +8% to base spell/CA damage on shoulders and an additional +3% base spell/CA damage. These were used by some people over Ravager set for predators and whatever the rogue set was because the + base spell damage affected poison damage as well as proc damage.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lilesthobo Guest

I have to agree with this thread... my ranger's T4 bracers alone have 48 int on them, along with 30 str/sta. What good is the 48 int going to offer my ranger at this point, since int doesn't mod poison damage anymore? This is only one example of numerous items out there. These bracers are supposed to be end game loot and yet in one update alone have been supremely nerfed. I as well, think that predators/rogues who have shard/raid gear with int on it should be offered some type of fix to this.
  8. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Evilnikki@Guk wrote:
    FYI. As clarified by the mechanics dev Aerlik (which I just horribly misspelled) multiple times in the Test boards, poisons are still affected by intelligence. I know that the Update notes don't clarify this, but the subject has already been covered. Our Int bonuses on gear aren't waste.
    Basically +% spell damage and +% spell crit not longer applies to gear procs. But if a proc was originally based off of an ability score (like poison and intelligence), then it will continue to function in that way.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lilesthobo Guest

Dareena@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Ok maybe this was the intentions... but after yesterdays update, I tested this. Caustic poison said it does 1247 dmg with all my armor/jewelry on. I took off every piece of gear I had on that has int on it.. guess what?! It was still doing 1247 damage, that says to me that there is no int mod. Maybe I'm wrong... but thats how it was for me.
  10. ARCHIVED-ericsweeney Guest

Did you cancel your existing poison buff and cast it again after removing all of your Intelligence gear? It seems that the proc value sets initially by checking your stats at that time. Should these values change afterwards, the poison buff itself doesn't register the change. Though I've honestly never taken the time to parse it out and see if the values have really changed behind the scenes or not.
    I'd love it if some of us start parsing this to verify. If poisons do set based upon the initial values and don't readjust themselves, I'll have to remember to equip my Sebillite Croaking Dirk every time that I recast my poisons.
    Or if the Int modifications really are messed up, then parsing should prove that as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

It changes after it's been cast. A group I was in last night had my damage go up and down about 30-50 dmg depending on whether I was in range of buffs or not.
  12. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Seiffil wrote:
    Were any of these buffs an intellegence buff? Active buffs that modify damage I can see changing on the fly, but from what I understood originally the base damage based on INT was set when the poison charge was consumed.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lilesthobo Guest

Alright to clarify here, I just tested all this and it does change on comsuming the poison, not on each proc. So if an int buff was cast on you while the poison was still active, it would not effect the damage the poison would do. But if you consume a poison while the int buff is on you, it will raise the damage and stay at the higher damage amount until you consume another poison (regardless if you no longer have the int buff on you). My ranger with 450 int has 1247 caustic poison damage .. drop my int down to 109 and the poison damage drops to 915. This being said I think int is still a valueable stat for predators/rogues and can admit I was wrong before lol
  14. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

I was watching it change as int buffs changed. The poison was already active, and hadn't been consumed. It was only about a 30-40pt change, but it was changing.
  15. ARCHIVED-Zin`Carla Guest

still waiting on some sort of dev response to this. Can we please get an "armor respec" since SOE jacked up the sets and how it benefits (no longer benefits) the predators. I have 3 pieces of Soul Lancer which are useless and worthless to me compared to the equivalent Ravager pieces, now. The number of shards wasted and time it took to get them is infuriating. You change how the AA's work and you offer a free respec. That SAME CHANGE also affects the viability of the armor pieces to the predators and yet you offer up nothing. that's rediculous and insulting.
    Yes, INT still directly affects poison dmg. yippee... i posted verification about that the first day of the new update. this post has absolutely nohting to do with that. anyone even thinking about attempting to bring that sensless point up needs to walk away and go vomit their drivel in a different thread... on a WOW forum. because that's how much value it has here.
    Telling me (or anyone else) to just "go get T3 gear" is a waste of time as well. This isn't about upgrading gear. It's about fixing what was broken. The only viable way is to offer players the ability to exchange their Soul Lancer gear for the Ravager pieces (or the T1 equivalent if that's what they have). I don't do X2 raids. so the possibility of getting T3 armor is none.
    Expecting players to go out and earn more shards to replace the armor which SOE jacked up, is also rediculous. That's no different than taking AA's away from people after an update instead of offering a respec. The thought process of having someone just go out and bust their butts to get the armors all over again is no different than taking away the time they spent getting AA's before an update and then removing all of the aa's from them and have them re-earn what they already earned. Because that's what SOE is telling anyone who has hybrid armor sets... go back and re-earn what you've already earned.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zin`Carla Guest

Petition with reference to this article and your gear will be swapped out. Mine was taken care of over the weekend. Thank you GMs and CS-Staff!
  17. ARCHIVED-Evilcount Guest

i petetioned a gm on more than one occacasion to have my soul lancers swapped out they said they cant do it something to the effect to much time has passed and gave me a link to the eula to read, i dont understnad how they can swap out some for some ppl with the same issue and not others..
  18. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

Evilcount wrote:
    wow, are you serious? they said it's too late? that is a load of bull. I think that GM should be reported up the chain of command.