Shar Vhal House

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Qwerts, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Qwerts New Member

Been playing for a few months and noticed that I can get the Shar Vhal house via /claim. I went into the house area and noticed it was an island. The one thing I noticed missing was the walls. How do I hang pictures, weapons, etc if there are no walls?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  2. Kattt Well-Known Member

They offer different types of housing for different kinds of deco/builds. That type of house is more so designed for building your own structure. They have many many sets of building blocks in game for building your own structure/house/walls, etc. They can be quite fun and elaborate if you enjoy that. If you don't enjoy building, I recommend getting one of the city houses which have lots of walls to hang things, etc. =)
    Hartsmith, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  3. Zyxia Active Member

You could also hire someone to build you a house there. There are lots of decorators in Eq2.
    You could ask in General Chat or ask on the forums.
    Just don't ask me, as I have a backlog nibbling at my heels. LOL
    Hartsmith, WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  4. Panthur Member

If you click the portal thingie at the very end of those 4 runway paths you enter INSIDE and there is nothing BUT walls in those 2 rooms :)
    Xianthia, Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

How amazingly enchantingly wonderful! Thank you so much for pointing this out because I never thought of clicking on them and didn't know about this; I thought it was a totally outdoor area home. And all roads lead to Rome in this case. I'm glad I threw down some rugs in each middle inner zone right away, and a book for my other character Cedalilly Wynde who owns that particular Shar Vahl Home to write in later. Otherwise I may have thought that they were 4 separate double room areas .. but no each of the outer posts at ends of pathways leads to the same double room inner sanctum .. a true hidden bonus area! Cedarlilly will be so excited to continue decorating there.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Indeed, I probably would have had the same initial thought, too. LOL
    As has been mentioned before, carpenters can craft building blocks, including walls/doorways/etc, that you could use to separate those areas into four (or more) different rooms.

I really want to get this, but alas, I have soooooo many prestige homes that are either not finished or I've barely begun decorating.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The interior isn't all that great for hanging paintings and stuff either.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

The Stately Street Set is a pretty cool bundle if you can afford it. I almost spent part of my stimulus on it, but chose to buy the standard editions of BoL for two of my FtP accounts, (I'm not an alt'aholic, I swear, LOL).

There are several different sets/bundles of houses or buildings in the Player Studios tab of the Marketplace that are worth exploring. Initially I've hesitated at buying any of the sets for lack of a place to fully utilize them, but did get the Abandoned Castle Tower, which I placed on the cliff of my Halas Magical Manor (after using teleporter to jump the boundary, lol). So glad the prestige houses have gotten more expansive.
    Mellody and Breanna like this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Go back to your items to be claimed. IIRC, there's also a set of recipes that have an Shar Vahl "influence."
  10. Robynous Well-Known Member

My cat had a nice lair built on one of the islands:
    [IMG]
    Breanna likes this.