1. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

Randomly my dog decides he's finished attacking. By this, I mean that I send him in to attack a mob. The dog pet attacks the mob for 5 seconds and then reacts as if I told the pet to "back off" when I didn't. I then have to order the pet to attack again to be greeted with the same response from the dog 5 or so seconds later.
    This bug seems to be entirely random. Certain fights the dog pet will remain on the mob for the full duration and then during other fights you pretty much cannot have the dog attack for more than the time it takes the pet to face the mob.
    Please look into this.
  2. ARCHIVED-Loranthala Guest

My wife has noticed this on her mystic and complains about it often. It is most often when she's soloing. It seems to be OK in raids, though there generally is enough other things going on that she probably misses it no attacking anymore (thus, why she has /pet attack macrod to several of her debuffs). Its really really bad in GD. It doesn't seem to be the same bug that all the other pets suffer, where they don't have a line of sight on a mob that they clearly should, but they clearly start attacking, then stop for no apparent reason.
  3. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

I've noticed this behaviour a lot as well, especially in raids.
    It is quite a huge thing because, no dog attacking means less dps, no cures, no group wards. You pretty much lose the reason for being dog specced.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ykiphia1 Guest

This happens to me all the time in raid. I send the dog in to attack as usual; a moment later I glance over at him and he is just standing there, doing nothing. In addition, on certain mobs he randomly fails to engage. This happens to me on Taltaak and on Gunnr; often I get an invalid target message as well.
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

They honestly should remove the dog line and make it a DPS line and make the dog pet a DPS Thing.

I don't use the dog anymore.. it just dies..repeatedly.
  6. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Happens with my coercer pet and my necro pet too...no reason...just stops and returns to my side.
  7. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I cherish the day when you will post something that makes sense ... i fear that day is far into the future though.
    The str line is very good and if your dog dies all the time it means you have no clue how to play ( big shock there I know ! ).
    Things should never be changed because someone cannot figure out a simple thing like keeping a dog alive.
  8. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

Drives me crazy that my dogdog is broken. I'll be healing/DPSing away, look down, and there's my dog back behind me. Send it back in, start doing my thing, and here he comes running back to me.
  9. ARCHIVED-khiahh Guest

I use my dog for only tricky pulls which its suiciding for anyway so honestly cant say I have had a chance to see this but the first thing that comes to mind here is deagro/mem wipe. If the mob has decided to do either of those things I am wondering if the pet w its limited memory just forgets what its job was. In the very low tiers I used my pet alot but never had those problems, theres been many updates since then. Having the macro for your pet to attack w a debuff or attack you use often is a good idea til they fix this.
  10. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

khiahh wrote:
    That's exactly what I am doing as well. macroed pet attack on several things :).
  11. ARCHIVED-Girard50 Guest

This is not the only issue with the shamman dog pet. Don't get me wrong I absolutly love my pet and would never play without him.

The issue that I have been having and others in our raid force is our dog randomly disappearing and not being able to recast unless we /camp to ourselfs. The spell shows that it is cast, but no pet, can turn the spell off and recast. This seems to happen most often if I die, am rezzed, and then die again in the same fight.

I have also had problems with other spells doing the same thing as the dog pet spell, the other spells I notice this with are Oberon, and Ansestral Sentry. These 2 spells become unusable if we wipe on the King Tormax. I have to /camp to myself and they come back up. It is just anoying, but it needs to be looked into.
  12. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

Merissa@Venekor wrote:
    Yeah that's the second annoying bug. Who knows maybe we can get someone to stop looking at adjusting gliders for 10 minutes and maybe fix the dogs ?
    That would be awesome and I'll even throw in some icecream ...
  13. ARCHIVED-khiahh Guest

Im all for the icecream! If its for me anyway
    Probably a dumb question but has anyone done a /bug for these? or maybe its a zone thing that its bugged in. I havent noticed those bugs (yet). That would be more than just annoying for me. Especially as our MT is fast fast and on the go constantly so camping and playing around w bugged crap would become a huge deal.
  14. ARCHIVED-Karimonster Guest

khiahh wrote:
    I've bugged it every day for...2 weeks? 3 weeks?
    Gets the same response as my constant /bugs for when you couldn't get your pets to attack the 3 sages or RT in PoRT. No fix and no mention anywhere that its a problem.

And I totally forgot about the non-existant dog and having to camp to myself.
  15. ARCHIVED-Girard50 Guest

I have not /bugged it yet. I have been meaning to, but the only time it happens is in raids, and during raids there is no time.
    If we end tonights raid on tormax, then maybe I will have time and do it then.
    Personaly I love the Shamman class, and would really like to see these things fixed. Lets not let the issue die. I will try to put something together for the support forum as well.
    I would realy like to see a respons from a dev on this as well.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I would love a choice between using dog and not using dog with that line.
  17. ARCHIVED-Loranthala Guest

The dog recast being broken on fights like Tormax is already being addressed as part of a larger issue that has to do with specific abilities used on that fight. This is a bug that's been around since T8. Here's a link to the thread where a dev discusses it: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=501905
    As far as the dog just stopping attacking, I don't know what could trigger it. My wife noticed it mostly on solo mobs, who don't really tend to mem wipe (kinda pointless on a mob meant to be killed by a single player). She hasn't played her mystic in raids for long enough to try and pinpoint when it happens there, especially with it macro'd to so many abilities, its hard to notice in the heat of battle what the dog is doing. It really does need to be addressed tho, as the benefits the dog gives when attacking (ae avoid, wards, and cures if you spec in that) are still considerable portions of our healing and to just have it stop working randomly is bad.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaealiegen Guest

I also get the dog macro staying on cooldown after death/rezz bug. It is incredibly annoying when rezzed in the middle of a named fight to not have the dog back in action until you can relog.
    As for the dog stopping on mem wipe/blur, that isn't happening. Any trash mob in the Kael instances will trigger the dog not attacking problem and these mobs do not have mem wipe/blur.
  19. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

You have to have the dog attacking to get the benefits of his AOE warding. I haven't had problems with my dog stopping attacking -- I have had him go nutz and run off and randomly attack stuff I never wanted him to!
  20. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

I never thought shaman to be much of a "pet class" I really think they should have a line that gives you the pet's aa abilitys.