Shadowy creatures still showing up in Frostfang Sea

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nazz, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Nazz Playing off and on since '04

From this week's patch notes...
    "The Truespirits' Lament - The shadowy creatures that start this quest have been disciplined. They will no longer attack or be visible until Destiny of Velious is available on TLE."

On Fallen Gate server and these shadowy lions are still there. They are now visible but they are definitely aggro when you get within proximity.

Not sure what kind of discipline DB gave these critters but apparently it wasn't enough.
  2. Aricael Member

The same issue to me.

I see them in Antonica, Frostfang sea and in Darklight Wood.
  3. Muffincookie Active Member

Yep ive met Shadow lions in Frostfang and Shadow stags in Antonica.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Chocoholic Active Member

What was the point of adding them (in DoV) to begin with?

They're pretty annoying, and add nothing to my gameplay enjoyment :D :p
    YMMV
  5. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

They're the start of a quest line which provides some clues to the supernatural attacks on Norrath.
  6. Grymmstone Member

Got jumped by them while running JBoots on the way to Crossroads in CL on Saturday
  7. Chocoholic Active Member

Thanks for the info!
  8. Karioki Active Member

Same exact thing happened to me.
  9. Themightybevo New Member

I like the free 3 mob even con encounter...freebies
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

These guys need to be in the game early as they are considered Dire mobs for channeler and BL construct/pets. The rest of the dires don't come out until way later in expansion releases.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, then, somebody LIED about them in the Game Update Notes, didn't they? >:-/

I completely and utterly agree with Chocoholic; always have. If the Channelers wanted their MTV or whatever after the long-dead World Event that introduced them and the "supernatural attacks in Norrath" (which are long since over), then the Devs could've just plunked an NPC in Qeynos or Freeport that would offer the quest to baby Channelers (and perhaps anyone grouped with them). Once the quest was accepted, THEN the stupid Shadowy whatevers could show up for THEM, and anyone else they were grouped with, if the quest could be shared.

Nowadays, I've had many an instance where my li'l "teenager" toons (i.e., in Tier 2 levels of 10-19) have been minding their own damn business, trying to get other quests accomplished (the one where you scatter ashes from Pride Lookout [or whatever it's called] in the New Halas area is completely impossible with those damn shadow lions there), and have to worry, especially in New Halas or Gorowyn, about getting gang-jumped by both groups of these damn things. And since they scale to level, UWK here has had difficulties, even while flying or leaping anywhere in their area(s).

Okay, fine, you kill them all. You get a stupid drop of a stupid quest starter. Said stupid starter takes you to, of all places, KUNARK, in an area that hates everyone from the docks on in (there is a Druid Ring somewhat closer to the stupid quest NPC, but...). Once you finally find the stupid quest NPC you're supposed to find, you have to stand there and listen to him blither endlessly to his NPC buddy whilst surrounded by level 80+ aggro critters, circling in closer and closer, attracted to the scent of frightened "teenager" toon (the Druid Ring helps a bit, but it's still a scary run for anyone not even remotely approaching that area's level). X-P

Of course, if you'd purchased a level 80 or 85 toon from the start like you were supposed to, apparently, you wouldn't have to worry about all this... ;->

I did that full stupid quest line on ONE toon, a fairly high-level chap (my Guardian, if memory serves), simply to find out what the hell sort of possible benefit you could get from it. The only one that did anything for him at all was the joy of not having to deal with these stupid things ever again, FOR HIM. And gods, it was a time-consuming grind-fest. >:-/

I vote that if we do that on any given server, the rest of our alts on that server (unless they're Channelers, which I haven't unlocked yet...I probably won't, ever, because this still ticks me off) should be freed of them as well. :mad:

Uwk
    Simparri likes this.