Shadow Knight Question

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by gaymer77, Feb 14, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

Do shadow knights get a pet? I could have swore I saw one with one.
  2. StarvinMarvin New Member

They get a Squire spell which is merely ascetic. No real purpose. Not like EQ1 if that is what you are thinking.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I think (but I could be mistaken) that with epic 2 we get a pet through it
  4. Drak New Member

Yes, SKs get a pet as part of the epic 2.0 rewards.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

How good of a pet? Or is it our squire attacking (or equivalent)?
  6. gaymer77 Active Member

When I say pet I just know I've seen shadow knights with a pet while I was out leveling. I don't know if it attacked or anything. I just know...at least I think lol...I saw it.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

Yes,.they.get a non attacking pet.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I might buy "ascetic" if it were a Paladin, but no way on an SK. :D
  9. Sogapa Active Member

What? Having a servant following you around to do your bidding offends your sensibilities as an SK? though for an SK it should grovel every so often, rather than just stand there.

OP: you sure it wasn't a merc? Though not sure why an SK would need a merc for most content.

Edit: nvm you mean the actual meaning of ascetic rather than the aesthetic which was meant in the post you were quoting.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I often run with the dark elf shadowknight merc. Just so I can say "If one shadowknight makes them cower, two will bring them to their knees!" in a macro *laughs maliciously*
  11. Drak New Member

The pet does attack, doesn't do a lot of damage had it doing like 50mil against a training dummy. Barely did anything noticeable in raid. Death's Devotion is the spell name.
  12. Legionair Member

A long time ago the SK did get a pet. That pet was called "Grave Sacrament" It was a skeleton pet that was a summoned like casting a spell. It was not controllable like a merc or any other pet. It was also the most useless sk spell that had a super long cast time and was weak damage. That spell was changed into the awesome AOE rescue that it is now. This was changed i think. End of 2008 or beginning 2009 the start of TSO expac.
  13. Legionair Member

Or it was ROK. I forget...
  14. Drak New Member

You get a pet when you complete the epic 2.0. it can attack and is there until it dies. Just like a summoners pet can send to attack, defend you,defend itself, rename it etc, it just doesn't do much DPS.
  15. Edrickx Member

Fact: To a Paladin all Shadowknights look like dumbfire pets.