Shadow creatures not rendering

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Leeli, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Leeli New Member

I have already tried the option of matching the display settings of my husbands game, in an attempt to see if it was something in my settings, but it did not work.

The shadow creatures (Shadowy Stag, Shadowy Icemane) are not rendering for me, at all. I cannot see them, I cannot target them, I cannot even use pass-through targeting if my husband is actively targeting. Yet these creatures can obviously see me, and attack me. This is creating some serious frustration trying to understand why this is happening. Please offer suggestions to fix this. =(
  2. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

I ran into this once when I was grouped with someone who hadn't done the quest, but I did. There was no way for me to help. So, one thing I can think of that could be the problem is that the quest was completed by you and not your husband.
  3. Leeli New Member

Nope. Brand new, lower level characters. None of us had any quest relating to them until he killed some and looted the hide. I got one as well a little bit later, because we were grouped. I'd been jumped by them before, and after, and they never rendered.

I have since deleted the quest, and so far have not been attacked by anything I can't see. But this really isn't a solution, as we never figured out why they weren't 'completely' showing up in the first place.

We had even gone so far as to be standing near a group of Shadowy Stags. I could see nothing on my monitor, but turning around and looking at his monitor, there they were.

This strikes me as a significant bug, as if I had been alone, I'd have had no way of removing the threat to my character other than running away, and when you don't know exactly what is attacking you, it's a little hard to decide where to run.