Shades of Drinal: Puzzle Pieces - no POI

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Orbitalne, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Orbitalne New Member

I can't finish this quest nor continue quest progression because of this stupid bug.
    I even deleted the quest, the zone, and started new, with the same bug.
    I'm stuck on "Find the entrance to Chelsith: the Ancient Vault"

I have the stupid polished stone, I see the dumb door, I approach, no update.
    Zam says there's supposed to be a blue sparkle at the door; there is none.
  2. Rawl Well-Known Member

RANT WARNING - I am stuck on trying to kill Pyre and Frost, and accoring to ZAM, they aren't the only nasties that need to be killed to complete this instance zone quest. I may just say "F" it to this expansion because you got to complete this quest line to progress to the other zone(s). These quests are suppose to be completeable with a Merc, but these stupid mercs are "stupid" and let them selves die. (I'm a dirge and using the wolf palidin one made available with the expansion.) The leveling up progression prior to this "Puzzle Pieces" quest isn't sufficient to get you leveled up enough to effectively do this quest. I first got this quest while I was 92 having done all the quests up to this one without making it to 93 (xp gain is awful.) So then I grinded leveling up to get to 93 which helped but still, not doable since the Merc doesn't heal himself when he should, so he dies leaving me in there alone. After the Merc dies, I'm typically dead shortly thereafter. Anyway, I am not liking this expansion because the xp gain is minimal even with an xp potion and you have to complete these quests to advance through the zones. If this is a trend SoE is going to maintain, I may stop playing this game which I've played since the first day it was launched. :p
    SoE if you are going to make a quest required to progress through content, then make it doable by anyone, not just ubber geared raiders or the like, and fix these Mercs so they are more prone to heal themselves before they die.
    And, make the reward more in line with the difficulty of the quest(s). (A stupid house item for completing this quest is lame and not at all equal in value to the time and effort it takes to complete this quest.)
  3. Erszebeth Active Member

Ok...I've done this quest series 4 times now, on a raid geared toon, well geared, mediocre, and less then desirable geared toon, they are all doable, some more difficult then others. If you are using a merc, set it to follow you, then mash that <back off> button a few times, so it stands around and heals/cures and nothing else, works great with stamper, keyrin, and the archon from SS.
    Frost, you have to either A>use an ability to interupt him when you get the emote flashing on your screen, or B> use an orb dropped by EVERY golem on the way up to him, to interupt him when he does the emote, then kill the pillar thats disabled.
    Pyre>every 25ish % he spawns an add, KILL IT, and he gets easier and easier every time one of those adds dies, the other 2 bosses further in don't even have to be fought, they can be skipped completely, however, for the giant gargoyle statue, when you pull him do it from range, with a smaller statue between you, he'll hit it right off, everytime he digs his claws into the ground and prepares to charge <its an emote, but watch your chat box to be sure you see it> get a smaller gargoyle between you and him, 2 or 3 if you can, when 2 of those gargoyles have been smashed <trampled twice> the big one will be easily killable.
    Final Boss>>>>>> fist kill the adds in the room, set the pillars so they are all RED, spawn him <walk up to him and get the emote about him coming to life>, wait JUST off the pedestal on the ramp, pull him to there and hold him in that general vicinity, DPS as much as you can, watching his buffs, when you see the blue buff come on him pull him into the center of the pedestal, get an emote about it being dispelled, when its gone, run down the ramp, change pillars to BLUE,go back to top of ramp, just off the center pedestal and DPS him down till you see the RED buff on him, pull him to center so its dispelled, go change pillars back to red, and repeat the process as needed.

For Chelsith update, swim around in the water in front of chelsith until you get an auto update, be around the surface of the water, its an odd update and unreliable, might get it in seconds, or it might take minutes, but it IS doable and it IS there.
  4. Erszebeth Active Member

If your on AB server and need help, look me up, if I'm on and not particularly busy I'm usually happy to help out with getting people through these. I do understand some people/classes have a harder time then others, I'm not unsympathetic, but it IS possible.
  5. Rawl Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'm not one who likes these complicated quests, that's partly why I was ranting :) If I wanted complicated, I'd join a raid where such stuff is common.

My preferred kind of quest = KILL IT! or sneak by it to get an update. :)

Complicated >:p
    Stand on one foot while balancing your right elbow on the leaning shelf, being careful not to disturb the delicate glasses thereon. Close one eye, and don't look out the other, be sure to switch eyes when you see the red blinking light. If you open the wrong chest you will get killed instantly, so open them all until you get killed ;) If you have any trouble with this quest, don't blame me, I am a designer, I don't play this crap!

(that was a joke.)

:)
  6. Rawl Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot for the offer, I am on Everfrost where I've asked for someone to help me, but so far, haven't gotten any takers. I think I might wait to complete this until I've reached 95.
  7. din ohtar Member

i must admit, i'm another one plays solo when I have the time. So I wander around, kill, heal, havest, and then kill again. My highest adventurer is l93

i was able to kill those two names mentioned, but had problems with the final name - I couldnt tell what colour he was, so I couldnt tell what colour to make the pillars. Its easy to tell the pillars apart when they are red / blue, but blue and neutral were harder to tell apart (I reckon blue has the sparks). In combat, i was often interrupted, so the advice of setting the colours before the fight is a very good idea.

In the end, I got the map, flipped a coin on what colour to make the posts, flips the colours again, saw the message about his buff was not longer applying, then saw he was still healing,.so I wandered back out.

jumping the platforms on another advanced solo quest was a pain. My toon started on the name, then went for the adds when they started aparting, then switched to the name when the adds kept on swarming, and was 'disappointed' that the adds needed to be killed after the name. I reckon I had over a dozen adds on me when the name dropped. Next attempt I called up a merc, he went for the name, and I killed the adds. All easy - except for jumping the platforms. Died 'a few times' on the final couple of platforms (I swear they are further apart from the beginning ones). If i was forced to do this again, I would bring in stilts , or something to glide, and see how they help.

another annoying names was the one that gets rooted to the ground, spins around, and you die. I had to read the walkthrough and notice that i needed to back away when every 20% damage. I put that down to my fault for not reading up on him.

Another name i didnt like was the one where you had to hide behind the dragon statues. Did that, and then was swamped in adds. In the end, I noticed that you didnt need this name for the signature update, so I wandered past.

I agree that the number of 'advanced solo' zones that you need to do in order to finish the solo questline is much higher than the previous expansion.. Part of the problem I'm getting is that I'm not reading the game text saying that something is happening. I wish it would come out in a big messages on the screen, and not a little line of purple that gets swamped by combat results when the final name challenges me, and I need to click on him.

but to sony's credit,. all of the really annoying name (the one with the red / blue pillars, hiding behind the statues) dont need to be killed to contiinue with the quest. I expect Sony listened to the feedback of certain classes, and allowed these names to be bypassed. Some of the solo zones are much easier than others, so I plan to go back and get a chest for my alts as often as i can.

seeing how crappy the exp is for the solo quests, I'm not surprised so many groups are grinding in SS.
  8. Gilasil Active Member

As you approach the area where you're supposed to see the sparklies, did you click on that big hemispherical contraption somewhat in front of it? It should be clickable if you have the stone.

I can't recall if you actually have to click on it for the quest, but it can't hurt. Also, opening up the vault gives access to the final area and the final boss (which you don't have to kill for the quest but if you do you get a box of goodies and besides it's a fun fight).

I'm guessing they originally planned on us killing the final boss for the quest but for whatever reason decided at the last minute not to make us do that. Anyway, it's something to try. I've been in Chelsith twice so far -- once for the quest and once just for fun -- and had no problems. Didn't get the sparklies the second time, but I didn't have a quest either. Killed the boss both times though.
  9. SteelPiston Active Member

Stop it, please stop it. All this laughing is killing me.

I'm on my 3rd toon. Already completed on a Troub and an Illy in Withered Lands gear. None of it is hard or bugged. As for sparklies on the floor; turn your graphics up.