Server Population

Discussion in 'PvP TLE Discussion' started by rowdey, Jun 16, 2021.

1. rowdey New Member

I am really thinking about activating a membership and playing on Tarinax . But on daybreaks server page Tarinax doesnt exist and any internet search seems to have no information past may 11th launch date . What is the population like on this server?
  2. Attaboy(Dimble_Unrest) New Member

Population was really good.. then they decided to launch DoV Kaladim, on top of disabling mentoring due to some exploit. The last week it has been pretty rough. With that said there is still groups and people doing all sorts of things. I do believe the population will bounce back once they re-implement mentoring and maybe people get bored of DoV
    Spectre likes this.
  3. Renew Member

Well the Freeport side last night had 3 freeports and 2 dark light woods Lost my Guild had a full raid force last night raiding Yes I seen it dip a little when they release that but it's bouncing back now it's good .
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. rowdey New Member

Thanks for the info . I cant understand why its not on Daybreaks server list
  5. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

These are the people that forgot to put out the carpets in town when Desert of Flames launched. Forgot it on their checklist.
    Spectre likes this.
  6. Raff Well-Known Member

It is on the server list at the sign on point, but I don't think you can see it without a sub.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. rowdey New Member

Ya that was the problem . I would have to pay 15 bucks just to see the server status .... they have all the servers and the population status on their website ... all except Tarinax
  8. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Well, the server is quite active and fun. As mentioned in a prior post, there was a dip in population this last week, due to mentoring being disabled, as it made it difficult for folks to run in groups with friends at various levels. That being said, I'm hoping that evens out with the patch Tuesday.

Personally, I've never understood the hesitance to sub in a game...it's less than the price of ordering a pizza. ;)
  9. rowdey New Member

sure its not the 15 bucks that im against . Its just that I didnt want to spend 15 bucks just to see the server is dead or not even around anymore since I couldnt find anything on it
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Actually, I'm gold, logged into server status, and EQ2 still doesn't show Tarinax. So I'm doubly glad for you that you saved the $15. ;)

https://www.daybreakgames.com/status
  11. Flibbity New Member

You guys couldn't see Tarinax because it was brought down overnight by the dev's due to a platinum duplication event that went rampant in the economy. You should see it now on the server list.
  12. Spectre Active Member

Tarinax is just locked now.. with other servers as well
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok Tarinax is doomed if the krono costs over a million plat you know that nobody is trying to buy armor or such anymore .
    O well the people who wanted a krono free server will get their wish now , because who has that kind of money to buy any .

Ok on the other side it's a lot cheaper at 50.000 plat :eek:
    For people who rely on kroon to stay in game this will be the death sentence .

I hope that after fixing some problems people will return to Tarinax and bring back the server from extinction .
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

Don't really need kronos on Tarinax as far as that goes. Oh, they are handy for some extra plat. But they are not crucial.

Might even be better for the server if they were banned altogether.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. smawtyrz New Member

Its a gg for me, started may 29nth, amassed 28 pp was 4pp away from purchasing a krono for 32pp now thats impossible. I as a single player dont really matter at all as far as server health is concerned, but how many other 18 hour a day players are going to be in this same boat. There is simply no other option for me to continue playing.
  16. Siren Well-Known Member

And you know the bagged exploiter trolls like Dreww and Hazy that are intentionally trying to destroy the whole server are just rerolling new accounts, then charging back to L70 like nothing happened. Everyone in Exile guild Secret Service that was involved should be perma-banned.

Messing with so many other peoples' accounts and preventing so many people from playing EQ2 (through server downtime, temp account bans and even poor blokes like you with your krono situation) is pretty serious.
    Arielle Nightshade and Breanna like this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Unfortunately, I dunno how'd they make a perma-ban to the person stick these days. While it would be easy enough to ban the account in question, the proliferation of free/cheap VPN's means they could change their location & IP at the click of a button, create a new account, and be right back on. If they banned the credit card associated with the account, they could use another, or even a pre-paid card. If it's an Apple Card, I think they can even change the number through the wallet app. Unless they're getting a digital fingerprint of the hardware on a player's system (and if they are, the privacy issues with that... let alone the lawsuits, would be... well, Kotaku & OP would have plenty to write about for awhile!), I can't see how a ban on the person on the keyboard would stick.

Anyone out there know how they could make a ban stick? Heck, if the nefarious folks in question did their.... deeds on a throwaway account with a VPN active, there's a decent chance their main account wouldn't even get nuked.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Melt Actually plays the game

hardware ban. Ban evasion would become an expensive hobby.
  19. Smashey Well-Known Member

What? You can get a HWID spoofer for $2.99 a month and just cycle through it. :rolleyes:
    Wulfgyr likes this.
  20. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

That was along my line of thinking as well, Smashey. If the MAC is part of the HWID "fingerprint" they check for, that's fairly simple to clone / change. You can get VolumeID v2.1 directly from Microsoft to change volume serial numbers (and it also changes every time you format the drive, if one wanted to go slash and burn style.) Other utils are out there as well, so I'm not sure a hardware ban would be useful against anyone that's even slightly determined.

And if they went more invasive to ID a system like Riot's Vanguard - well, those involve kernel access... much like the Sony/BMG rootkit did circa 2005-2006. I'm pretty sure DBG doesn't have the legal staff that Riot or other AAA's do if their cobbled together solution ('cause face it, with this codebase, anything they come up with is gonna be a kludge) opens other vulnerabilities. Especially seeing as one of the state AG's that sued them last time is now the governor of Texas, and CA was one of the states, too.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.