Server performance issues (high priority)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Windstalker, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Windstalker Executive Producer

Howdy Norrathians,

We are digging into the server performance issues that you are reporting which devs are also seeing during play times. We will be adding new logs in addition to ones we are reviewing now to track some specific server issues based on your feedback. (We're kinda digging into everything, really.)

This is a high priority.
    Losadunai, Seefar, Faeonara and 22 others like this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thank you very very much. I've been surprised by the lag I've had in places I've never had issues in.
  3. Crychtonn Active Member

May want to start by looking into any changes that went in over last weekend. Lag has been a problem but it was either Sunday or Monday of this week that the lag went off the hook. Something had to have happened from one week to the next to cause this large of an increase in it.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Thank you, I hope you find the cause soon. Raiding has become all but impossible for some of us, it's gotten ridiculous.
  5. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Is there any truth to the speculation that most of this awful lag started with the release of H1Z1?

Today I experienced something I never did before. Now mind you, I have been experiencing bad lag for well over a month now, but today was a new first for me. Today I had to exit the game and restart it six times in a very short time frame; I even did two computer reboots. The game was absolutely unplayable for me today for the most part. It was as if I was playing with 2 megabytes of memory! I did check too to make sure my memory cards were working, yup 8 gigs!

But today was the all time absolute worst for me.
  6. Maddest Active Member

Other than about 15 minutes in molten pools and about the same in pirates the lag was bad. About 15 minutes in each the lag was so severe I wasnt sure I was connected to the server any more. Thought I was gonna ld on Capt Krasnok a time or two but made it through. Same thing happened in molten pools. Cleared the zone between 1100 pm est and 1130 pm est but was touch and go. Fortunately many in the raid had experienced nagafen style raid pvp lag and we trudged through the lag and near ld's by pressing buttons fast and in a pretty good order.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, not last night, but some night this week, we did notice one thing. When we encounter normal trash, there was almost no lag at all. Then, when we turn to a named (was a 3 named encounter), it all suddenly start to fall apart. But then, this was indicated with a certain loss of packets, while my ping stays stable, until i ld.

So, i notice, if packets recieved goes down to 0, there is a good chance, you will encounter lag, which also indicates, it is not a client side thing.
  8. wazul Active Member

same here (storms). trash no or little lag. boss : lag.
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The current lag is something different I think. Whe H1Z1 was released ... wow, that hurt, the entire game was hard to play.
  10. Faelfreeblood Active Member

I'm curious what the ''everything'' your digging into includes? Is this unrealted to the aformentioned server issues, such as features and other gameplay issues?

Edit:
    I dont really know of any other issues besides the occasional zoning DC's.
  11. Xillean Well-Known Member

Right now im just happy your looking into it and I hope there's a long lasting fix soon.
  12. Foretold Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information. You had better stick to your statement on this and make it a TOP priority.

I can handle an ownership change. I can handle layoffs, although they suck big time. I can handle cutting customer service to what basically amounts to a pile of useless crap. I can handle cutting back on forums.

I can't handle lag. The raiding game is getting to the point of being unplayable. This will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and makes me, and many other people who have been waaay more laid back about all these changes than you probably deserve, LEAVE.
  13. Cleaner Active Member

any updates on progress? im concerned. we have lost 2 players in our raid force because they just "Can't Play" because of lag so bad it freezes the game and boots them to desktop. we have already lost 3 players to Account hacks and Customer services would not assist (which i think is totally re re considering its all fake items anyway) id think a cash cow game like this would be all about keeping that monthy subscription rolling in.
    Quillyne, Feldon and Wirewhisker like this.
  14. Maddest Active Member

Doubt the subs are the primary income source. SC and lon baby. Krono to a small degree.
  15. Cleaner Active Member

Id rather sell 250k subs for 14$ a month than sell say 35k people SC a month, id have to see the numbers to believe they get any more than that. I doubt VERY seriously the Kronos and SC generate more id say at MOST 1/3 of the population buys either every month.
    so just throwing my numbers out there thats like 3mil vs 1.4mil revenue / month, of course i just threw some random numbers out there to show the perspective, im sure its alot higher.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

any progress? Raiding at the moment is no fun - at valor it's almost impossible
  17. Foretold Well-Known Member

Had a valued raid member ragequit the raid last night because of the lag. I daresay I was almost right behind him...
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  18. Serenaheq2 Active Member

I am normally pretty even keeled about stuff like this but it has gotten so consistently bad now that yesterday was a rage quit moment for me as well. Hopefully it is resolved sooner rather than later.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  19. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I don't raid, but I'd like to think that they had people working on this over the weekend. However, my pessimistic alt reckons this would have been unlikely.

/tosses coin, heads - save the overtime, tails - fix the problem. Guess it came up heads :rolleyes:
  20. Bashem Well-Known Member

How are servers becoming more laggy these days?
    I know they had to make changes due to mult-attack problems awhile back and now the changes have been implemented.
    I am assuming its not a overcrowded issue at least I would think not on the everfrost server with a pretty low population atm