Server Merge

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Apau, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Apau New Member

anyone else think it might be time for a server merge for the low pop servers? AB being one of them? it is very hard to get groups, or recruit as most people already have a guild. from the looks of it there are a few servers with low pop most of the time
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Join a guild. There are plenty on AB doing things. No need for a server merge.
    Schmetterling, Solaria and Breanna like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that eventually they'll likely merge Kaladim into AB then start a brand new TLE.
    Schmetterling and Doobius40504 like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

That never seems to result in many new players on AB. I think, for the most part, the people who want to play on TLE really aren't all that interested in playing on any of the live servers. We might get a few that way, but it's really not a big influx. That said, there is plenty of activity on AB, but it's mainly in RP guilds, adventuring guilds and in raid alliances between guilds. If someone is looking for a PuG, those are happening, but they are pretty rare.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  5. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Too many little personal guilds on AB and very few people want to roll into another out of pride in their decorating skills i guess. The time for recruiting and building guilds on AB has passed. It's either leave your little private guild and transfer to another server or just continue to struggle for groups. Plus, wi th h all the status ingots from crates, you can just build a new personal guild on a more populated server.

It seems that it will continue to be the tle dump that may yield 5 to 10 regular players after merges. But like other poster said, tle players want tle, not live.
  6. Catthib Member

It wasn't out of pride in decorating skills that we created our own guild, it was the dismay of having our then-current guild being dismantled and disbanded by a greedy cur looking to curry favor with friends and other people that we said "Enough!" and "Never Again!".
  7. Apau New Member

That is the issue I am running into, there are a lot of great people on the server, and a bunch of little guilds, I run one of them. and trying to find people is a nightmare, we do schedule events, and we can clear everything except Plane of war or SE raid. we spend a lot of time working on guild members and watch them log out and never return. so it would be nice to see more people on the server. also for progression, if you look on halls, there are masters all over for sale, on AB it was a struggle to find anyone selling masters right up until the end of the xpac
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

so leave your main toon in a guild with active members and leave your alts in the private guild. If the active guild goes under...go to another and you still have your private guild on the back burner to use. and if you ask a lot of people with private guilds that refuse to leave them they will say it's because they have "put so much time into leveling and decorating them". But a guild with no members is kind of pointless unless its just for show...isn't it? and tbh...NO ONE cares about how lovely someone elses guild hall looks, it's not a selling point on recruitment. A hall with all amenities , travel ports, and NPC's in one room is more appealing than a sprawling 50 room hall thats wonderfully decorated.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

A server merge won't change any of that. People on the other servers are also in their own guilds. Like you, they also don't want to leave their guilds. If you're dead set on not joining another guild, you can join a raid alliance. I think there are at least three on AB, which allow you to stay in your own guild. Other than that, new or returning players that may come to AB are going to be few and far between. Time to adapt.
    Breanna and ConcealFate like this.
  10. Malahk Active Member

I wish Rivervale had the population of AB. Try doing anything with 30 people online.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

lol.

someone call me when IoR gets merged. Till then
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol 30 would be great today there were only 4 on , wonder how well Island of Refuge is doing .
    AB is a special server and the last original one too
    This server is also the only role-play server , so merging it won't happen .
    I don't mind if they merge May'Dul into AB they stole a lot of our players when those free transfer tokens were handed out .
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  13. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

NEVER gonna happen and you know it Zed lol
    Zeddicious likes this.
  14. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Nothing really "special" about AB as far as being an RP server. People can do exact same things RP related on any server. It really does need to be rolled into another server. Only thing holding up a lot of transfers off is not wanting to abandon personal guild halls
    Zeddicious likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm still cranky that htey didn't merge Lucan d'Lere into AB. Some of our RP ommunity moved to AB, but more stopped playing, or just gave up on RP. It's much easier to be in persona roleplaying when others around you are also trying. And more fun than having people tell you to "cut that RP &*^%$ nobody wants to hear it".
    Rifuul and Schmetterling like this.
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

It actually is different. If you don't RP, then you probably don't see it, but the Guides do special things for the RP community on AB. Those things don't happen on other servers.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there re also special player made events on AB .
    A little extra here and a little extra there .

Dont's get me's started I's likes to play's a nice ratonga .
    I's am nice and ( checks out ConcealFat's pockets for change )
    and I would's not do anything bad , bashes eye lashes .
  18. Bombs New Member

Anyone know what the population is playing eq2 compared to so say a busy server 10-15 years ago? Any chance they would ever merge the Euro and US into 1?
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Fewer people than 10-15 years ago. Still a decent population on most servers, but it really depends on the time of day you play.

Never say never, but anything is possible. *shrug*
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Neither SOE nor Daybreak have ever released population statistics like that.
    Breanna and Schmetterling like this.