Server Downtime: Thurs, Aug 6 @ 7AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT* for an update. Estimated downtime is approximately one hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 9:00PM PDT* for an update. (Approx. 5:00AM London Time on August 7, 2015). Estimated downtime is one hour.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 6:00 CET am 07.08.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 1 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 6:00 CET le 07-08-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 1 heure.

*Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they're available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Armageddoux Active Member

3. aargos New Member

This 2x per week maintenance downtime is getting really old. I'd rather it be once per week (which is still too frequent) and longer. I understand its rather short but still. I do server support for a bank, our customers would never go for us interrupting their access once a week, let alone 2x a week.
    Dread1313 and Lady Marlyn like this.
  4. Ghostfaces New Member

5. Lady Marlyn Member

I do realize that maintenance needs to be done and that sometimes problems arise where you have to do maintenance twice a week but when it starts becoming habitual then we have to wonder. And give our opinion on it. Speaking on behalf of my family and friends who play this game we LOVE it. We enjoy all that this game has to offer and all the fun stuff that you all are adding all the time -- Now all we want is the chance to PLAY the game. :)
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

Sheesh... no matter when they do it it will not please everyone. It's usually not even down for the full hour, go have breakfast or a shower, or something.
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Foretold Well-Known Member

Tuesday patch is pretty much an ALWAYS, unless Monday is a holiday. Thursday is a good bet, and an almost always.

Its been this way for years, I still don't get why people complain about it.

Plan on downtime Tuesday and Thursday mornings. If it happens, you're prepared. If it doesn't happen, yay you... go play.
    HaphazardAllure and flameweaver like this.
  8. Nokomiss Member

Lol its like... damned if they do and damned if they dont...

DEVSSSSSS My *insert complaint here* doesn't work FIXXXX ITTTT.

*Devs fixing it*

DEVSSSSSS Why are the servers always down?!?!?!?
    Moonlit_Evening and Feldon like this.
  9. Seefar Well-Known Member

My tuppence: I used to get mad when the servers went down for 'maintenance'. Nowadays, I'm glad, because it means that development is ongoing :)
    Rhodris, Feldon and HaphazardAllure like this.
  10. Armageddoux Active Member

Sincerely, all this patches could have been waiting til next Tuesday! The last one is going its way since more than one month !!

or ... wait is it not a way to get our attention away from last Windstalker post ?
    Dread1313 likes this.
  11. Poisonhawk Active Member

Won't fix anything important really, we are just going to fix a typo. Thank you for your patience!
  12. Inukez New Member

you wanna know what pisses me off about this "Quick" Hot fix?....
    It clearly says "Thursday, August 6, 2015 at 7:00AM PDT"
    yet it is 8/6/2015 4:14PM!!.... I dont think that is any where near7am!? And for this to be an effective HotFix because we all know this is going to do nothing for the game, would be you know fix their stupid memory leak with the game.... that would be nice you know?
    Dread1313 likes this.
  13. Nadasdy New Member

Servers did come down at 7am this morning tho.
  14. Dread1313 Active Member

I'm willing to bet it was to fix an exploit. Usually unannounced hotfixes (no forum announcement, only :30 in warning given on Stormhold) are fixes to game breaking bugs or exploits. Guess we will find out soon. The time is kinda weird though. 3:47pm PST...
    Strings and Inukez like this.