Server Downtime Notice, Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

The US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, July 9, at 5:30 am Pacific Time* for an update. The expected downtime for Freeport, Nagafen, and Antonia Bayle is three hours; the expected downtime for the remaining US servers is one hour.

The EU EQ2 Servers will come down on Tuesday, July 9, at 9:00 pm Pacific Time*, and the expected downtime is two hours.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.

*Convert to local time
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why the extra long server time there? Are they being merged, or prepared for that? :-/

Uwk
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

They always give the EU servers 2 hours when the rest are given 1. Nothing new there.
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Freeport, Nagafen and AB aren't EU servers, and their downtime is 3 hours as compared to one hour for the other US servers.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

The question was about Freeport, Nagafen, and Antonia Bayle being down for THREE hours.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah...I play on the EU servers as well (well, okay, Splitpaw, which also came down at 5:30 am PST = 1:30 pm their time [GMT], rather than 9 pm their time? Odd...lots of folks were surprised at this, since they often play both sides of the Pond and were looking forward to playing while we were all down). I'm used to the two hours there, but this is interesting. Could they be gearing up for GU67 already? :-/

Also: will Test be affected by this, or can I jump on there? ;->

Uwk
  7. Detor Active Member

Odds are they just messed up and the EU servers will still come down again at 9PM for their actual patch just as Dexella described.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hope so; going withdrawal-crazy and was right in the middle of a big decorating project... :-/

Uwk
  9. Dawnya@AB Active Member

I was just able to log into Splitpaw. For those people who play on both sides of the pond!
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!! :D

Back to tile-wrangling... X-/

Uwk
    Dawnya@AB likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They had Crushbone and a couple of others down longer a couple of updates back, installing faster modems on the servers.
  12. Dexella Associate Producer

No server merges -- just doing some back-end work, which requires more downtime than a regular patch. :)
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Thanks Dex and Sigrd! :)

Uwk