Sending Mail to Silver Account

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Astrael, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Astrael Guest

Hi
    I've recently returned to EQ2, and today reactivated my second account with free membership (since it's an old account, it has silver level status).
    I sent that character 2 mails: the first with 1p and a bag, and a 2nd with another bag.
    1) Can mail be sent to Silver account characters?
    2) If so, how long does mail usually take to arrive?
    Thanks,
  2. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Mail with attachments can take up to like an hour I think to arrive (depending on how busy it is I guess).
    I'm pretty sure you can mail things to silver accounts, they just can't send mail.
    The only thing I can think of about the trustee access is maybe you forgot to save the setting? My free chars can enter my paid chars houses just fine.
  3. ARCHIVED-Astrael Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    Thanks for the info - I'll try again and see if the mail has shown up yet.
    I had actually solved the trustee issue (somehow the list of names wasn't scrolling all the way down to my character name when the other character tried to visit) and edited the original post above, but somehow the edits didn't take. I've tried editing it again - hopefully it will work this time.
  4. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

It's supposed to take a half hour for you to receive mail that has any attachments, which can be coin and/or items. For some reason, however, the game doesn't always notify you that you have received the mail. You can check your mail, from anywhere, simply by bringing up the eq2 menu, and going to mail. You won't be able to retrieve any attachments until you get to an actual mailbox. You can get a mailbox for free by completing a collection from any of the six city festivals. It's one festival per month, for the first seven days of the month. The mailbox can be placed in your house, or a house that you have trustee access to.
    All access levels can receive mail, with or without attachments. However, only gold can send mail. You can ask a guildie or friend to send mail on your behalf, and it's unlikely that you will receive any arguements.
  5. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

Trebien@Nektulos wrote:
    This also i've found if i mail to an alt wait like 2 mins then log in the alt i've gotten the mail already. perhaps it only checks for new mail when you log in a toon or zone.