Send pet out for attack, but it doesn't attack...

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Jonaroth, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

Hi, I'm posting on behalf of my GF, as she's been having this problem for ages, but seems much worse now.
    Often when she's soloing, she'll be using her tank pet, it will be set to defend itself, and defend her, and in melee mode. She'll see a mob in front of her she wants to pull, and press the pet attack button. But it doesn't go. So she presses it again, it doesn't go. presses it again and again and then maybe after like 5-10 times (and 5 seconds later) the pet decided that it wants to help out... Each time you press the pet attack button it says "You send your pet out for attack" in the chat window, but it doesn't always go... The pet is not stunned, stifled or rooted. It's not out of range and she has visibility of the target... anyone know what the problem is?
  2. ARCHIVED-Brook Guest

Two things come to mind
    1. The pet doesnt like her
    2. Its a union worker
  3. ARCHIVED-Shailas Guest

Jonaroth wrote:
    Sometimes this is a line of sight or Z-Axis issue. It happens on stairs alot. Even in what appears on the screen to be an open overland zone there may be some odd twig that is being interperated as blocking the pet's view and it won't go in as told. Then either the mob moves a bit or ther player does and suddenly the pet remembers where it is and what it's doing.
    My suggestion is for her to slightly reposition herself when this happens (and the pet will follow) or use the Call Servant to put the pet on top of her avatar.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cinnimon Guest

I actually get that lot when I have sent pet and 'called' off pet to bring mob closer or FD and the line of sight was not the issue. The only way I've been able to fix that was re summon my pet for it's bugged and does not want to "GO" when you push attack after that has happened.

It seems like it stuck in attack mode so 'pushing attack' does nothing if it thinks its still fighting is what I think is wrong but not sure.