Seahorse Competition

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Shadowplay, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

I would love to see what everyone is doing with their seahorses. I see so much creativity here. I have decided to hold a little competition to see the most unique and interesting ideas and situations you guys can come up with to put these guys in.....undersea chariots?...fishy merchants?...lets see what you come up with.

The Winner will get a personalized item made just for them*

RULES: The contest starts today and will conclude on the 25th, post two screenshots from two separate angles. On the 26th I will hold a poll and let the community decide the winner.

* this is a contest by me and is in no way associated with SOE or it's employees. The winner will get an item made by me of their choice but the final item must fit into The world of Everquest 2 and the submission will still need to be approved by Sony.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I know how this is gonna sound, but waaay back when, when Dinosaurs roamed the earth and the animated versions of comics were actually pretty cool (first wave, late-60s; in syndication for eons), Aquaman had his own TV series, and (unlike the Super Friends version [/shudder]), he was quite effective and very cool. He and Aqualad (guess Aquaboy didn't fall well on the ears) would ride around on giant sea horses as mounts (and yeah, they'd whinny, but such things can be overlooked) and do most of their time patrolling the A-man's kingdom, which covers 70%+ of the Earth's surface, and his capital of Atlantis. ;->

So...how big do these things get...? ;->

Uwk
    reminiscing...brb
  3. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Base size is as tall as a person, not sure how scalable the Devs mad thm yet
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Dextria Member

My seahorse is hiding behind a ship in one of my museum exhibits. He's not the star of the show, but without supporting characters, where would the stars be?

[IMG]
    Feara, Afista and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Love this idea!
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Bets of luck but do remember that SOE will ultimately decide if such a personal-request item is acceptable.

Ok now that I have gotten the obligatory statement out of the way I wanted to say very much love the seahorses. This coming week I am delving into a new program but I am so glad to see others being creative.

Keep up the good work (oh btw Homeshow, I have not forgotten I said I would make an ornate watering can).
  7. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

Only a few days left and no ones submitted a proper entry yet. Let's get those screenshots in, polls will open on the 26th.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...finally got a set for my underwater guy, Abe, on Test...hmmm... ;->

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, let's see how well this does... ;->

Hopefully, it's not breaking the rules to have him in different positions; after all, it's the seahorses who're the stars... ;->

In the first one, he's just finished hitching them up to, well, not so much of a chariot, perhaps; more like a boogie board...at any rate, he's anticipating a nice gentle trial ride through the house (hoping they'll all fit through the corridor linking the two tanks):
    [IMG]
    Yes, those are lines of...er...enchanted--sea anemones! Yes, that's it... ;->

And you might be able to see some control rings in the crooks of their tails. The largish blue thing off to the lower left is Abe's sleeping baby dragon, who's still oblivious to all this fuss, even if he does shift up silt in his sleep. ;->

This second picture, different angle, is after Abe caught a glance at the look that transpired between The Three:
    [IMG]
    It might not be obvious from our lands' man view out here, but this was right before they started leaning forward in their traces...

Since we're limited to only 2 screenshots, you won't get a chance to see the end result! ;->

Uwk
    representing his good buddy and alt on Test, Abrahm (that's his tank control equipment in the back, there, outside, and an ice ramp so folks can get out of the water of his tank and up to the surface more easily)
    Afista, Feara, Geden and 2 others like this.
  10. Feara Well-Known Member

Seahorse Oasis

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Ladymist, Zarriya, Afista and 2 others like this.
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Uwk, I totally love this. Your creation is fabulous and perfect.

Now that's a ride I could see myself on in the skies or the sea. To cool.

The Chariot Boogie Board, love it!

Kindest Regards ~
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks! :)

I tried the various shells you can get from the Moonlight Grottoes, but none seemed big enough, even maxed, but I figured the Mussel Shell (upside-down ;->) would at least have a good shape. Had I been thinking about it, maybe I should've gotten more Mussels for the front and sides and really done the full Ben-Hur bit, but I didn't. Missed opportunities... ;->

And now that I'm really thinking, perhaps I could've House Plushie'd my Watery Disk "mount" and used that...ah well, it probably wouldn't've showed up well, so this works. ;->

Uwk
  13. Karrane Well-Known Member

I love it like it is Uwk =)

Sooo pretty Feara!! I may have to borrow that idea =)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, hurry! Time's running out! :)

And thanks! :D

Uwk
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Dear god if you could get water coming out of their mouths that would be even more killer than it is now.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

lol - good morning Estred. I know, that was my same exact thought. I could not find the perfect water fountain for that. When Shadowplay's Seahorses became available I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them. Have a wonderful day Estred and an awesome weekend.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Estred like this.