Screenshot Photographer Volunteers

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper, Apr 22, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Here is a sign up sheet for those willing and able to take quality screenshots for our sig makers here. If you wish to participate, please sign up and state which server you frequent. More than one person may sign up for a server. In fact it's better that way :) Link goes to persons profile so you can PM them.

Updated: September 30th, 2007

Antonia Bayle (RP) ~ Sapphiresniper ~ K_Aramae
    Barren Sky (Russia)
    Befallen ~ Catseyes
    Blackburrow ~ Tyranire
    Butcherblock
    Crushbone ~ Sidora
    Darathar (UK) (PvP)
    Everfrost
    Gorenaire (France) (PvP)
    Guk
    Harla Dar (Russia)
    Innothule
    Innovation (Germany)
    Kithicor ~ Amana
    Lucan D'Lere (RP) ~ Seagoat
    Mistmoore
    Nagafen (PvP)
    Najena ~ Lunnagirl ~ SirMooseAlot
    Nektulos ~ Ashimari
    Oasis ~ DragonFighter ~ Hazelle
    Permafrost
    Runnyeye (UK) ~ Ronja
    Sebilis (Japan)
    Splitpaw (UK) ~ Krilinye
    Storms (France)
    Talendor (Germany) (PvP)
    Test ~ Seagoat ~ Sapphiresniper
    The Bazaar (SE)
    Unrest
    Valor (Germany)
    Veksar (Japan)
    Venekor (RP) (PvP) ~ Captain Apple
    Vox (SE) (PvP)
  2. ARCHIVED-Cersiana Guest

OH! Very nice idea! I usta piddle around with sigs n such a good bit but my graphics card isn't up to par hehe. This is a very nice things for ppl to do. Great Idea :D
  3. ARCHIVED-Krilinye Guest

Well, i should be able to take some ok quality pics in high resolution, so write me up if needed ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

The highest I can crank my settings up to are Very High Quality without running into the red zone of crashing. Amana is on the kithicor server and if you get me into the right place i'm willin to help out.
    Could use some screenshots myself and don't mind putting up a "Stock" area on my site to help sig makers out.
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I think this thread will be more of a specialized "assignment" area. If players want a sig made and can't (or won't) provide high-quality screenshots, they can make an appointment (by posting here, or via PM) with a designated photographer on their server to get some good ones taken.
    The photographer can send copies to the player, if they want them, but their main job will be to send the images to the artist who's doing that character's sig.
    Photographers should be reliable, have a decent graphics card and system that can handle the graphics quality being cranked up (almost) all the way, and be able to answer email requests and fill "orders" in a timely manner. It also helps if they have a good eye and can frame basic AND unique shots well.
    Volunteers should post in this thread and provide their forum name (for contact purposes) and server to be added to the list. :)
    Common sense steps:
    1. Players that want to take advantage of this service should first submit a request with the sig artist of their choice.
    2. They should notify said artist that they're going to have a photographer take their screenshots for them (nobody likes surprise attachments in their inbox!).
    3. The player should contact a photographer from their server and make an appointment, providing them with the sig artist's name they requested from.
      • If the photographer is busy or can't fulfil the request AND there are multiple photographers on the server, they should direct the player to contact another photographer.
      • Once the screenshots are taken, the photographer should email them (zipped or separate) to the sig artist (and the player, if they want copies) along with the character's name and server.
    4. The player should wait for a little while (a few hours to a few days).
    5. They receive an awesome uber-sig with beautiful screenshots of their character on it!
    Typical types of screenshots needed:
    • Two or more close-up shots of the face (from the bottom center of the collarbone to above the top of the head) from different angles.
    • Two or more shots of the torso or body (from the waist or knees up) from different angles.
    • Two or more "action" shots (fighting, performing emotes, etc.) of the torso or body from different angles.
    The above list is just the basics that will give us an adequate selection of screenshots to use in a sig. Additional and unusual shots are welcome. Shots that have the player looking in different directions by targeting an NPC or another character are a plus. Please try not to submit duplicate files that are almost identical; one good shot of a pose is plenty. :)
    Whew! Did I cover all the bases?
  6. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

Very organized. I like it. :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    Can deffinately help with that and it would be fun to get back into my Photography grove.
    Specs:
    • 3.2 Gig Pentium 4 processor
    • 2 gigs of SDRAM or DDR stuff *most likely SDRAM*
    • 256mb ATI 9800 Radeon AGP Graphics card
    • Ethernet Connection 1/1000 with Cable Modem
    I can crank my settings up to Very High Quality in certain areas without suffering too much. I'll stutter a bit, but it eventually smooths out. If I do character screenshots I would prefer doing those in 2 roomed house.
    Hopefully the OP won't mind, but i'm willing to setup a Signature Background Database *SBD*. If people send me information as to what they need *nature backgrounds, Sky shots, Creature shots, etc...* i'm willing to make some space on my site for this.
  8. ARCHIVED-shirka Guest

wauw! Yes you did. Sounds good! But I am concerned: if players who want a sig aren't even reading our instructions right... will they read this?
    I mean, the idea is good, very good and I am supporting it (write me up for Runnyeye! char name: Ronja or Ronnizar) but I am a doubtful if it will work.
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

I'm not sure if it will work out in the long rum, but I think it's worth a shot. :) I think it will make it easier for some people, since taking and sending in screenshots seems to be one of the most tedious steps, and a lot can go wrong (like your email provider resizing your images as you send them [*cough*Hotmail*cough*], rejecting the file types, etc.).
    Then there's always the chance that the artist will say they're not good enough, even after the player went through the trouble of taking them and wrestling with their email to get them to send properly. It will be a time-saver for everyone, if everybody does their job right. :)
  10. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Krilinye wrote:
    Need to know what server to put you on Krilinye :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Tyranire Guest

You can throw me down for Blackburrow...it's the least I can do, given the quality sigs I've received :)
  12. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Thanks Tyranire :) Got you down!
  13. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Oh, Sapphire, don't forget the more obscure servers; here's the list from my request form:
    • Antonia Bayle [RP]
    • The Bazaar [SE]
    • Barren Sky (Russia)
    • Befallen
    • Blackburrow
    • Butcherblock
    • Crushbone
    • Darathar [PvP] (UK)
    • Everfrost
    • Gorenaire [PvP] (France)
    • Guk
    • Harla Dar [PvP] (Russia)
    • Innovation (Germany)
    • Kithicor
    • Lucan D'Lere [RP]
    • Mistmoore
    • Nagafen [PvP]
    • Najena
    • Nektulos
    • Oasis
    • Permafrost
    • Runnyeye (UK)
    • Sebilis (Japan)
    • Splitpaw (UK)
    • Storms (France)
    • Talendor [PvP] (Germany)
    • Unrest
    • Valor (Germany)
    • Veksar (Japan)
    • Venekor [RP, PvP]
    • Vox [SE, PvP]
    It includes all servers of all types that exist, to my knowledge (29 servers from the EQ2 Servers page, plus the two Russian servers that aren't listed anywhere).
  14. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Khellendrathas Guest

Ronja@Runnyeye wrote:
    Well, they can't say we aren't trying, right? :p

All we can do is try to point them in the right direction. If they choose not to, well, I guess they get a less than optimal sig, aye?
  16. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Have to say if a person isn't willing to read the requirements for having a sig made they don't deserve one.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kethaera Guest

:shock: You listed all the obscure servers and forgot Test! Why, we're the most obscure of all! Just kidding. And I would volunteer myself for Test (for kicks and grins), but I'm on an indefinite break for RL reasons.
  18. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest

Well she did remind me to include test by reminding me about the other servers :) So mission accomplished :) +5 for Seagoat!
  19. ARCHIVED-Lunnagirl Guest

I'll gladly help on Najena
  20. ARCHIVED-SapphireSniper Guest