Screen set up

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-DarkSkador, Aug 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkSkador Guest

Hi guys I am a new in this game I having a hard time setting up my hot bar. Do you guys mind to do screen shot of your set up so I can get in idea please thx.
  2. ARCHIVED-The Moor Guest

Took this pick awhile back but my hot bars havent changed much since. In case you didnt know you can right click the hot bar and create more(10 or 11)

[IMG]
  3. ARCHIVED-DarkSkador Guest

Moor thank i like it I guess you the only one who know how to do screenshot :p
  4. ARCHIVED-artophwar Guest

5. ARCHIVED-atreyu13 Guest

here is my hotbar est up hope it helps :D

[IMG]

thought id explain mine abit oO
    1st hotbar i have my fast recasts ( 3 4 ) then i have knockbacks (567) monk debuff!!! FTW 8 then interupt/stifle 90 then my taunt and HO starter
    2nd my ranged 1 2 then my mit buffs 3 4 aoes 5 6 then is just random from there except my taunt at - and fd at =
    3rd my heal 1 then my buffs i toggle in combat ( buffs 2 3 4 ) ( everburning 5 ) agro 6 then my thermal shocker at 7 rescue at 8 then my cure ward and tsunami then grp fd
    then the other hotbars are just rages buffs and items
    Message Edited by atreyu13 on 08-16-2006 06:48 AM
    Message Edited by atreyu13 on 08-16-2006 03:19 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-jazbo Guest

What UI is that?
    I like the look
    Hungfu
  7. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

If you are talking about the post before yours, its Profit Reborn II. Same as mine (See below):

[IMG]

Hotkey bars 1-4 in center. Hotbar 1 features all my attacks and single taunt. I have since moved that AA ability (fist w/ black background, cant recall name) to the #2 spot b/c it does a good mitigation debuff prior to launching my attacks. I perfer to keep the similiar abilities grouped together (taunts, rescue, charm slots). In fact this is probably a bad example of that because my alts are much more neatly grouped, but since I've been playing Monk since launch this is what I have kept.

If you look to the far right, I have 2 more hotkey bars that I use for all my maintained buffs, stances, gates, masters. I find it much easier this way, so if I die I know what exactly needs to be recast. This can come in handy as I tend to play some different alts and dont want to forget anything.

A side note of the UI, it is awesome if you are a healer. When 2 boxing my fury and someone is hit with a disease, trauma, etc... The icon next to their name lights up and you just click it when lit up. It casts the appropriate cure and your done. Less clutter on your hotkey bars!

Hope this helps!

-prod
  8. ARCHIVED-KazzySoJazzy Guest

Profit reborn = the best imo, below is a screenie of my setup.

[IMG]
  9. ARCHIVED-DarkSkador Guest

wow this is so cool thx guys for take your time and put up your screenshot now question how I make my screen look like that with all those cool bar? and KazzySoJazzy can you tell me where can i get those weapon that you have in yours screenshot.

Message Edited by DarkSkador on 08-17-2006 10:02 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

EQ2 interface for all your custom UI needs.

If you specifically like Profits' UI, it can be found here.

Good luck!

-prod
  11. ARCHIVED-dreamfordaylight Guest

I just installed ProfitUI and it seems to have cancelled out my eq2map settings. Is this working as intended, and is there a work-around?
  12. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

Yeah that happens sometimes. Reload the eq2maps patcher and cancel (stop) it right away. Go to options, then towards the bottom there is a drop down menu next to "UI Directory". ProfitUI should be listed there, so choose that. It should then redownload all maps so may take a bit. For some reason it wants the eq2maps folder/files inside the profitui directory to work. This has always fixed it for me.

-prod

Message Edited by Prodigus on 08-17-2006 10:20 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-dreamfordaylight Guest

14. ARCHIVED-DarkSkador Guest

Hi guys once again thank you very much for those sceenshot it was very helpful. I have one last question if i may where can I get Kazzy SoJazzy weapons that he is using in that screenshot?
  15. ARCHIVED-KazzySoJazzy Guest

[IMG] and [IMG] respectively

I also want to thank http://dbms.ogamingmedia.com/eq2items/20515/image/calamitiesb.JPG the hosts of that image and ryantsi for the fists of pain...

They are nice weapons and together in a dps group can easily do 1200+ dps on raid trash every fight (with sta,wis,int in 4-4-8)
  16. ARCHIVED-DarkSkador Guest

Nice what quest did you have to do to get those weapon?
  17. ARCHIVED-TheRealMoon Guest

Twin Calamities drop in Labs & the Fists of Pain drop in Halls of Seeing.
  18. ARCHIVED-KazzySoJazzy Guest

Aye, what moon said. The calamity is a rare drop while the fists = uncommon (imo)

They are very nice weapons, and I am very lucky to have the calamity especially, but glad to have both.