Scout Poisons

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bloodguts, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

On Caustic Poison specifically, the one i'm currently using, this is what's showing.

[IMG]

On the left side is the actual item which shows that it gives you a 9k dmg proc, damage that's very very slow by Tears of Veeshan standards. and on the right side is the tooltip for the item on your Buff Window, which seems to be a bit more correct value to the dmg proc for this expansion's standards.

Same thing happens with every other Poison in this expansion. If you examine the tooltip to the actual Infused Poison (Caustic, Hemotoxin, Mental Breach, Vitality Breach, Cerebral Ebb, Enfeebling Poison, Essence of Turgur, Fettering Poison, Ignorant Bliss, and Warding Ebb) and compare it to the tooltip from the buff you get you can see the same thing happen.

Basically, poisons have been practically useless since the expansion came out it seems, and i just noticed it since I swapped to my ranger.
  2. Glassjaw Active Member

The damage from poisons has been so insignificant for the past couple years that I don't even bother checking for it on ACT (since I would have to scroll all the way down to the bottom). Is caustic doing the damage as shown in the right side image?

Question For Devs: can we see some improvements to poisons for scouts in the near future? Allowing them to crit would likely bring them up to a better level of DPS without being over powered.
    Avahlynn and Feldon like this.
  3. Feldon Well-Known Member

I don't even run poisons anymore. They're worth ~1% of DPS.
  4. Glassjaw Active Member

I run them mostly out of habit and my OCD requires it lol. Some of the debuffs on the poisons like enfeebling and cerebral are nice for raid stuffs.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Yeah I run enfeebling. But I don't run a red poison.
  6. Glassjaw Active Member

Maybe with lv 100 we might see new and improved poisons. I would personally e-hug every Dev if this happens.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Poisons need some love, that's for sure. When you can't tell when a red poison has run out, it's past time for some dev attention.
  8. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Mental breach is the only half useful red poison left anymore with all the power fights. Caustic, hemo and vitality breach have been garbage for a while :(

The debuff poisons are fine though, don't see anything wrong with them.
  9. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

They're doing that on the parses because they are bugged. Hopefully this will get it fixed so Scouts can at least compete a bit more against Sorcs!
  10. Glassjaw Active Member

How are they bugged? Even if the hit for the damage listed in the right side image they would do less than 1% of most parses. I was under the impression that they just sucked.
  11. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

They appear as on the Buff as doing 50k dmg, but when you look at parses, they're actually hitting for 8-9k with max hits of 16k when mobs are fully debuffed.

So in essence, even if they appear at the correct dmg value on the buff, they're actually hitting for what the examine on the item actually says.
  12. Katanallama Well-Known Member

The buff icon might be adding your potency by mistake <?>
  13. Glassjaw Active Member

Can we get some Dev assistance with this please?
  14. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

It could, I guess. I'm not sure if a character's potency gets added when examining items/equipment.

But a 50k dmg proc 5 times a minute is more consistent with damage values from this current expansion than 9k dmg.
  15. Glassjaw Active Member

Something is buggy with this for sure. I did some testing with caustic and vitality poisons and I could only get this to work on the vitality poisons where the base damage of the poison in my bag would read 4927 but when I inspected it in my maintained it read over 23k damage. Then I would zone to guild hall or Vespyr isle and they would both read 4927 damage.

so - damage reading when in bag stays the same

damage reading in maintained window would change if I zoned.
  16. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

I see. That's an interesting find.
  17. Xelgad Developer

So, long story short:
    Poisons are items and therefore do not get your stats. What it reads on the items is correct - what it reads in your window is not. While I'd love to say we can fix this quickly, it's not something that's a simple or quick fix because of some behind-the-scenes oddities.

What I can say is that we intend to release new poisons with the expansion more in line with current damage numbers.
    Avahlynn, Glassjaw and Feldon like this.
  18. Carni Active Member

So, like, in 4 months or so, poisons might be useful again. Cool.
  19. Flatline Well-Known Member

dont knock it!! we been asking for it since Sundered Frontier!!!
  20. Carni Active Member

Oh I know, believe me. It's been hard to justify the cost of these poisons for years, and in a few months, I'm sure we'll have new, even more expensive versions. But, they may just actually work, so, cool story. Now, I'll be back with my apology if they're awesome and such, after I get to use and abuse them for a few years =)