Scout pet totally worthless level 90?

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-satuu, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-satuu Guest

I have read through and searched and I keep reading that scout pets are not a feasible option high end. I am not talking about raiding, mainly instancing. What if you pair a conjuror with say... inquisitor and a coercer and get soft cap haste/dps, would a scout pet be able to out dps a mage pet? The scout pet seems so cool to me but I dont want to **** myself for the coolness factor. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly.
    On a side question. Do scout pets get any group buffs higher up? I noticed they get a physical mit debuff. The wiki site doesnt have much information on the higher level versions.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

satuu wrote:
    Sure it could...if you didn't have a single pet-specific AA or any amount of pet-specific gear effects (like Power Flux or Molten Carnage), and you only fought single target monsters.
    The problem is that the scout pet's auto-attack damage is extremely small, even when capped out on it's auto attack stats. It's combat arts are also very anemic, on VERY long recast timers and only do a tiny amount of damage.
    On the other hand, the mage pet's recast timers are relatively short, and it's spell damage is higher than the scout pet's auto-attack and combat art damage combined.
    Not to mention that our pet damage AAs Blazing Conjuration and Fury of the Elements do FAR more damage with the mage pet, we have AAs to give the mage pet spell double attack (which is FAR superior to the scout pet's Flurry AA), and the mage pet has FAR more use from Potency and Ability Mods than the scout pet.
    Even if we could cap the scout pet's DPS mod, Haste mod, Double-attack mod, gave it Fluffy from our AA, and had it's other stats equal to the Mage pet's, it couldn't hold a candle to the mage pet on even single target fights.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lanar_Lifeline Guest

all very true, very well stated, as always, and in BIG need of change...
  4. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

The Scout pet has not been a viable choice since . . . ever? Don't hold your breath waiting for a change. It isn't coming.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laiina Guest

The scout pet has so many disadvantages that I have not even had it on my hotbars for at least 50 levels.
    I would just as soon they trashed it, and buffed up the Hydromancer pet for better heals/buffs/etc for those few situations where we cannot run a real pet.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Banditman wrote:
    Last time the Scout pet was a viable choice was back when Kingdom of Sky was relevant...before the big nerf to our pets. It was a viable pet to use throughout Desert of Flames though.
    Laiina wrote:
    I can't think of a single instance where we cannot run our pets. I can think of only a tiny handful of situations where the mage pet's AoE spells will be a problem, but outright not run a pet? None.
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I wasn't using a Scout pet in KoS, it was far inferior to the Mage pet by that point. Occasionally it was able to pull even with the Mage pet in a tiny handful of situations, but honestly, even then the Mage pet was already showing it's muscle over the Scout.
    Speaking completely hypothetically, you might have been able to find some uses for the scout pet in defensive stance for AFK farming green solo mobs back in KoS. But since this is a completely hypothetical discussion, I'm sure I have no idea how well that might have worked.
    Perhaps it was good back in DoF, I dunno, I spent most of that expansion leveling my Conjuror after I got frustrated with having only a Mystic.

Situations where Mage pet is a problem . . . Hmmmm . . . Vaclaz, in terms of doing Easy instead of Hard? Likewise (potentially) Klaaktuus? Most of the time I spend wishing I could teach my pet what order to cast his stuff in.

Now THERE'S an idea for a new AA line. I'd like one that allows me to set the order my pet casts his spells in.
  8. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Banditman wrote:
    There's also that instance for a TSO heritage quest where killing adds will result in a fail condition, as well as a named in Guk: Halls of the Fallen where killing an add is met with certain death.
  9. ARCHIVED-Haapy Guest

I remember using scout pet in KoS for a bit to disarm chests. But that was taken away very shortly. Devs say that we'll have a reason to use the scout in the new expansion. I think it is their way of telling us they are going to nerf our fire pet into the ground.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Haapy wrote:
    Shared stats is going to hurt the mage pet pretty hard, but even that won't be enough to make the scout pet usable.