Scout Pet got JUICED!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Imperishable, Feb 17, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

So...a friend hinted that I try out the new scout pet changes...and WOW! The thing kills faster than I do! 6k crits, flury, double attacks, ranged attack, decent hp...I went straight to the broker and bought the master scroll. We ran a couple shard zones as a group, and I outparsed everyone by a long shot! The only issue I have seen so far is a 3-5 second delay between the attack command being given, and him actually engaging the mob. An even con mob is dead in 8ish seconds without any help from me. I wonder how this will work in a raid enviornment...be interesting to try out! Eh, not the changes I was looking for...but it's a nice change! I've only got 140AA...can't wait to see what it can do with 250!
  2. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

Your delay is most likely server lag. and yes it did.
  3. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

I guess I'll have to try out my scout pet tonight. How if his damage avoidance for soloing? I'm still stoked thatmy tank pet gained almost 5khp with the expansion pack. he jumped from just over 15k health to 20585 health with just my self buffs. I did so miss pulling an entire kill quest in one pull. Its good to feel like a Necro again:)
  4. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

the mage pet will still kick the scout pet's teeth in
  5. ARCHIVED-Warkral Guest

Are you referring to the 73 pet or a new 80+ pet spell?
  6. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

Using lvl 73 pet. Not sure about his total health, how can you find that out? pet bar only shows percentage...but he loses about 20% on an even con mob if I don't help. With tainted heals, I can still use him to tank named mobs which is nice. No taunts, but his dps holds aggro just fine. Again, only have 141 AA's so I'm sure there are those of you out there that can really turn him into a beast. Pet's health is about 12k, but I didn't put any points in AAs to raise his health. Here's a quick SS on 81 mob (I'm level 82).
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Imperishable Guest

Jasuo wrote:
    Really? In single target DPS? I'd very much like to see that...
  9. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Imperishable wrote:
    Possess Minion and open the persona window to see the pet's stats.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Imperishable wrote:
    Rofl absolutely, come to Unrest and I will be glad to show you.
    The scout pet still needs alot of work to be considered good, like auto attack base increased across all tiers and ca's reuse shortened for starters. Then the double attack aa and/or flurry aa needs to be bumped up.
  11. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Warkral wrote:
    I'm talking about out of the level 80+ pets, before reaching 85 the mythical is still the way to go till you out level it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

I recently got the Master Nightshade pet. I respeced myself to try it out on mobs and PVP. With very nice pet buff gear, specced scout path, and lvl 90 it just refused to shine. On a green mob I let it try and kill it on its own. I took about 35 secs for it to kill. I pulled out my myth pet and tried it took about 6 secs. In PVP I sent it after a player, not sure the gear etc, the person stayed at 99-100% life the whole time. I casted soulrot on the player and they dropped to 92%.. something just doesn't seem right.
    The biggest problem I see is the slow attack speed. I sometimes saw it take 3-5 secs to melee. It just sorta sits there staring at the mob. I mean come on, back in KoS scout pets dealt some damage. I can honestly say I don't see a situation the pet would benefit the group. Master version in its current form sucks.
  13. ARCHIVED-Guld_Ulrish Guest

The Devs said that the Scoutpet would be king on single target dps, and that it would get a mayor dps boost. Well I dont know if it got buffed at all..... Since my ad3 mage pet is doing more then the M1 scout pet. It´s sad since the scout pet is fun to play with. A
    And the scout pet is not good for pvp either, cause it hits for nothing at all if you compare to the magepet.
  14. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

go to flames to see the parse difference

the scout pet is terrible in both pvp and pve aspects
  15. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Guld_Ulrish wrote:
    They also said that there was a fighter revamp coming,summoners would get debuffs,gear degradeing system and druid HoT would roll over unhealed portions........
  16. ARCHIVED-Exordus Guest

Bigron@Unrest wrote:
    You're not implying that SOE didn't do those things!?!?! I don't believe it! Not SOE!!