Scout lvl 6 Evade ability?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by ido10, Apr 27, 2013.

1. ido10 New Member

I just rolled a Troubador to see how Scouts play, and I have some questions:

1. I seem to have missed a level 6 ability "Evade". Do we get that later? For "Dancing Blade" to work, you have to be flanking or behind the target. How you do that with a mob always facing you on autoattack, without "Evade".

2. Is there a way to "auto-flank" or something? I've seen scouts literally running in circles around other players in PvP - how do you do that?

TIA!
  2. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

"Evade" will not help you get backstabs, because all it does is lower your threat level with the target. If you are soloing, there is nobody else for the MOB to attack, so your threat level is meaningless. If you want to get behind a MOB to backstab it, use a stun ability, like "Cheap Shot", and run behind it quickly while it is stunned. The reason you may not have "Evade" is because a lot of low-level threat-related abilities (like fighter taunts) were removed from the auto-grant list in order to streamline the new player experience. Since levels 1-20 are basically intended to be a solo affair, and as stated above, threat abilities have no function solo, you have to actively seek them out as scrolls if you want them before level 20-ish.

There is no auto-flank option, the people you see in PvP are just really good at strafing around their opponents, which is a useful skill in most PvP games.