Scheduled Server Downtime October 28, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Seefar Well-Known Member

Oh, so you get that too? I thought it was just me.

Enter username
    Enter password
    Press 'Sign In'
    Username and password fields go blank... WTF?
    Momentary panic while I think 'Did I just give my password to some scumbag spoofing the SoE site?'
    Enter username
    Enter password
    Press 'Sign In'
    'Sign In' does what it says on the tin, this time...
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tierisch like this.
  2. Tierisch Well-Known Member

LOL actually they never took the servers down yesterday. The note from yesterday said something about not being able to log into the game/forums etc... I was on all day. I guess, had I logged out, I might not have been able to get back in.
    And why are the live servers going down for a BETA mount update? Are they over here already?
    I do agree, I still have the double-forum-log-in-trouble. THAT should have been fixed yesterday.
    For the most part, even though I am an all access member, for a free game the down times are short and seldom more than once a week. With an expansion on the way, lets just give em a break ;).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Seefar like this.
  3. Nantoh Member

I am an all access member but forum admins don't know about it here.
    Strange.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Poinsettia New Member

Nothing changes from one mmo forum to another. <3 gotta love gamers

Stealth Nerfs from companies that think they "own" the game (oh wait they do)
    Maintenance times that conflicts with someones play time somewhere on the planet

I say tinfoil hats should be required before logging into any forum. *nodsnodsnods*
    Sylvain, Seefar and Tierisch like this.
  5. Caelle New Member

I went outside once, the graphics weren't that good**

-Caelle

**Taken from the back of the T-shirts at SOELive2014
  6. Trickykell Member

ehhhhhh it is a bit long this time... would be nice if comes back online soon... I ran out things to clean ...
  7. Poopcicle Member

Over 2 hours for a beta mount lol transparency FTW!
  8. GIndotto Well-Known Member

Something tells me our patch notes for today are 90% written in glow in the dark ink. Quick someone get the Blacklight so we can see what else they're really patching.
    Griff, Tierisch and Feldon like this.
  9. Lady Marlyn Member

I used to be one of those constant complainers. It took me some time to realize that the Developers of this Fantastic game are doing everything they can to make this game more Fun and Challenging for us. Fixing our problems in a timely fashion, updating existing zones and of course giving us new and exciting content. I'd imagine it takes a lot of talented, dedicated, and hard working people to do these things for us. And I for one am Extremely Appreciative of all their efforts. I had a GM help me through quite a few of my own gaming needs not to long ago. In my opinion there are 3 types of people: Spontaneous, Planners, and those that you cannot make Happy no matter what you do. I am a Planner. And if the game is down for repairs, updates or whatever the case -- I simply do something else -- watch TV, read a book, do some housework or paperwork, run some errands or give my cats extra love and attention just to name a few. I am not here to tell anyone else what to do with their time but if I were this upset on a constant basis I would seriously think about changing games or give it up for something else entirely --- just something for you to think about.
  10. Moooo New Member

Finished working out and the game isn't up.:mad:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tierisch like this.
  11. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

I remember the german message boards from another game... every time there was patching or maintenance, which was scheduled openly way before it hit the systems, there were a few that started posting kind of this :

"WAHHH can't play... Stu*** game... company... took a vacation day extra to play today and now??? WAAAHHH"

cheers and greetings from work
    Ang

P.S: Take your time, better a well functioning patch that takes a little longer, than a not working quick one...
  12. Obum New Member

+1
    Spindle and Tierisch like this.
  13. Obum New Member

Lmao .... ah that reminds me of my old Eve Online days
  14. Obum New Member

Servers are coming up now
  15. Raistlin New Member

just hope game is back up in time for raid :) until then play the beta it is up and running if you need your EQ2 fix. they are working on getting us back up. Server page has updated and I was able to get to the character select screen at least still can't log in on my server, but it is a change so hopefully soon.
  16. Raistlin New Member

Game is open to play!!! just logged in :)
  17. Raistlyn Active Member

Not my server =(
  18. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

You're very welcome :)
  19. Raistlyn Active Member

Is there a reason/ETA on Antonia Bayle being unlocked?

Nevermind its up!
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

If you hover over your name at the upper right hand side of the forums and select the "Personal Details" it will bring up a list on the left-hand side of the page. Under settings, there is an option for "Badges". You can then click the big green "Get My Badges!" button to flag your forum name as All-Access.
    Poinsettia likes this.