Scheduled Server Downtime November 19, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at approximately 7:00AM PST.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 at approximately 9:00PM PST. (Aprox. 5:00AM London Time on 11/20/2014)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Time Zone Converter

Update Notes are posted in the Game Update Notes (live) forum HERE.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Can someone at SOE please 'explain' what this means?:

Expendable items can no longer be transmuted.

99% of the equipment I loot is expendable, as I generally already have better...so it seems if 'expendable' items can no longer be transmuted...that won't leave much left for us to be able to transmute.

I thought the whole reason of having items be common, uncommon, treasured, etc determined if an item can be transmuted or not, with only treasured and above being able to be transmuted, but treasured giving you a greater chance at just normal transmute mats where fabled would yield a better chance at rare transmute materials. I know there were certain exceptions to this rule, though I never understood the reason behind those exceptions. Why change it now?

If expendable items can no longer be transmuted, why not just take them out of the loot tables entirely, as they now become garbage to clutter up our inventories. :/
  3. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I believe they mean "Expendable" in the "When you use it, it goes away forever, like a potion" sense. Not in the "Well, this is junk compared to what I have!" sense as that's not actually what the word should mean. :)
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Oh, well in that case, seems the word 'consumable' would have made better sense than the word expendable. :D
  5. vampiregoat69 Member

I am starting to think this game is down more than up. It was just patched last night and now again?
  6. Nessari New Member

Oh shush, downtimes rarely last even the hour they give for the duration.
    Naramsin and Rhamnusia like this.
  7. Sturmx New Member

An expansion JUST came out.. What do you expect?
  8. Caranthir Member

I don't like it either ... but

- it's pretty normal after an expansion
    - it shows they are working on problems and support their game ... and that's something I like.
  9. arturos Active Member

Heck all things considered even with the late start time for all access members. It is still miles ahead of what wow went through recently. Imagine suffering from that attack on launch day.. ya.. Kepp grinding it out sony You know what they say 3 yards and a cloud of dust thats your work day.
  10. Nesirumi New Member

I was wondering the same thing and what it entails.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

Aw, why did you have to nerf refining commons like that.
  12. Hexis New Member

Refining common harvests can no longer return high quality slag.

So what's the incentive besides the miniscule chance of a Purified rare? You just added a prestige that allowed us to refine stuff en-masse, but you take away the primary incentive for burning through our excess supplies?

Isn't this contradictory to the whole point of letting us refine a full stack at a time? You made the act of refining no longer tedious, but you take away most of the rewards less than a week later.
  13. Awkk Well-Known Member

If high quality is too good for us, maybe an intermediate quality slag could be put in, at about half the value of the high quality slag.

Or, what if you could still get high quality slag, if you refined commons 10 at a time like before?
  14. Kattarama New Member

Yeah. You do all the ponies, all the harvesting quests, all the items to make your toon a better harvester, then; BAM they take away the high quality slag and make it worthless to refine at all. May as well quit refining all together. The items you make from refined rares are not that much better anyways.
  15. Awkk Well-Known Member

What if getting high quality slag from refining commons, could be an all access perk?
  16. Survivor New Member

I would use the 15 or so minutes I had left to play in the morning to refine a few stacks of common harvest. That amount of time is not enough time to start something so I would refine, get 20 to 30 plat for my time. After the expansion came out and I saw the AA for refining GREAT say I. Now I can get rid of those stacks and stacks of materials in my houses. Only to find out that the HQ Slag has been removed. The HQ Slag was the only reason I refined at all. So now I will no longer refine unless I need a purified rare then I will make that from the rares I have saved up and continue to get. So all those materials from my ponies and gobbies will just accumulate and accumulate, first one house depot will fill then I will just start another.

For the love of all the gods of Norrath would your remove the HQ Slag from refining???????????? It was not much plat but it helped a bit. Please give us a reason.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

Maybe it's because some top raiders, who make thousands of plat an hour selling raid gear loot rights, complained. It seems to always be the richest players who complain and get nerfs for the other players who have so much less. Maybe there should be nerfs on selling loot rights, too.
  18. Kattarama New Member

Well, after refining over 100 stacks of materials, not only have they removed the high quality slag, they have also nerfed the amount of return of the purified rares. I got more purified rares when I could make only 10 combines at a time using my gloves. Why offer an incentive to refiners with abilities to refine faster then change the rate of return to almost nothing?
  19. SOE-MOD-02 Member

I am going to close this thread now. Please keep refining discussion to the Tradeskill forums. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.