Scheduled Server Downtime November 13, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 12, 2014.

1. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Communication on the forum is key. Not every one uses Tweetnet or Faceblast. :confused:
  2. Thatdarncat Active Member

It's sad to see such sentiments expressed. Sometimes it seems as though the struggles of working people the world over throughout the 19th and 20th century never even happened. Working hours should be what the employer and the employee agree to under contract, guided by the relevant strictures of local Employment Law. That's not to say that people can't be asked to work outside their contracted hours but if so it should be by agreement, without overt or implied coercion, and they should be remunerated appropriately.

If your working hours really are "as long as necessary" then it has to be time to find a better job.
    knightowl, Foretold and Pipsissiwa like this.
  3. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I think that SOE, outside of issues pursuant to an expansion release, is usually pretty spot on with their server down/up time predictions. That there are some extra patches required once a new expansion is being tested under full load, is only to be expected. Thank you for fixing the bugs and improving our play experience, SOE.
    Awkk, Naramsin and Pipsissiwa like this.
  4. AngryConjy Active Member

Overall, I think this expansion came and went normally. Anytime an expansion rolls out Problems will occur. There are a thousands or working parts that need to work in conjunction.

Updates are a necessary function that must occur to correct some parts that don't work as intended and to keep the game running. Like your car, without maintenance your car would stop running.

so I say Cudoes to the Hamsters!
    Awkk, Naramsin and Tierisch like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

It's the American way.

Living in Denmark for 2 years was a unique experience because work did not completely dominate people's lives. People did not work on Sunday. They rarely worked on Saturday. Most stores were closed on Sunday. Bilka, the equivalent of Walmart, closed at 9pm on weekdays and 7pm on Saturday. Everything but the 7-11 was pretty much closed for 4 days around Christmas and there were several other holidays where pretty much everything closes. You learn to plan ahead when shopping. People got to spend time with their families, go to the beach. Taking a 3 week vacation in Spain was typical.

I am not saying Denmark was wonderful in every regard (the food :oops:, the taxes :mad:) but it was a different way of life. It gives me the sad when I talk to someone in the US who is "waiting until they retire" to do all their vacations, enjoy life, play golf, whatever. Chances are they'll die of a heart attack 2 days after they retire as their body doesn't know how to cope. Also at 65, you're not going to have the health and especially the knees it takes to do a lot of walking, traveling, exploring.
  6. Eshaac Active Member

I can remember the days way back when.. it was like that here in the USA.. Stores were closed on Sundays, Saturdays closed early... Christmas closed for several days... And your right... People planed ahead for things they might need at the store.. Was a great time for families there was time to spend without having to "make" the time. Sad, Sad Sad world today when we have to "make" the time to spend more than just a few hours with family...

Eshaac
    Naramsin, Feldon, Kiikissa and 2 others like this.
  7. Dagoobs New Member

come on! This has been happening since day one of the game launch. Expecting anything to change will only make you stress more. It's just a game, scheduling your life around it is ridiculous. There is a reason why I have gone f2p and eventually will be done with the game as a whole, the least of which is the maintenance down times. And as much as I think this is the best game play wise and graphics wise, the copy/paste, redundant content has overloaded my ability to enjoy it. 2 months after expansion launch, most people have grinded to max level and quit until next year anyway. Finding people to group with and enjoy even the heroic content has become a waste of time. Hours upon hours looking for groups, starting groups and having to disband due to not enough players (especially competent players) just isn't possible or fun. Needless to say, if you haven't realized by now that nothing is going to change, then by all means keep posting and hoping.
    Virgatus likes this.
  8. Virgatus Member

The downtime has occurred with every expansion I've seen dating back to DoF. I applaud SOE for the hard work they put into this behind the scenes.
    AngryConjy and Gillymann like this.
  9. Hyt3ckr3dn3ck New Member

Weeehaw another 5 to 10 hours of not being able to play the game i pay too much money for woot woot thx again soe you are welcome for all my support.
  10. Athamé Raynr X New Member

really again with the Mx? Poop!
  11. Veeman Active Member

Forget it
  12. Bane New Member

SoE doesn't think they have a communication problem. They want you to be a mushroom. Keep you in the dark, and feed you lots of....hey, look a shiny!
  13. Sedient Active Member

I'm not sure I get the ether drops in ToV. Only explanation is to tempt people out of the new content..weird.
  14. AngryConjy Active Member

15. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I'm not going to get upset about the server down times and the fact the estimates have been off the last few days but a couple things that might be frustrating for some are:
    1. they pay to play and don't like not having access to what they paid for, even before the xpac servers would be taken down 2 or more times a week over the last couple months
    2. it's the middle of a festival that is only on for a long and
    3. it is frustrating to not be kept in the loop of when things are running over
    4. people feel like they aren't being heard.
    I'm not saying this is how I feel but I can see how some might. Better communication between SOE and it's customers would solve some of the above frustrations. Just my two cents (not worth much and definitely can't buy a cup of coffee any more lol)
    Kiikissa likes this.
  16. Sedient Active Member

Long history of this.. in and out of EQ2. Can anyone say "SWG CU"
  17. Toonranger New Member

??? can there be a Login Server Status added to the server status page so we can see when the log on servers are locked?
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  18. VicariousExp New Member

If you're so wistful for a life like that, you should migrate to France. They have a maximum 35 hour work week which is mandated by law.
  19. Gaealiege Active Member

I know a great many expats that have done exactly that, VicariousExp. I've yet to meet an expat that didn't prefer where they live over the U.S.

The problem in the U.S. is that most people don't have the independence from family/friends or the financial independence to do so. (Mainly the last one.)
  20. Xaochi New Member

Really SoE? ... 3 days of patching.... sounds like the beginning of a bad Christmas parody... Lets just hope and pray that this days patching doesn't take an extra 3-4 hours past the originally planned 1 hour downtime.