Scheduled Server Downtime May 13th, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, May 12, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

The US EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on May 13th, 2014 at 7:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time for an update. The expected downtime is approximately one hour.

EU servers will come down beginning at 9:00 PM PT (6:00 AM CET May 14th, 2014) for the same update. Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 2 hours.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.
  2. Jolemai Active Member

Content late for Europe again :(
  3. Buco Active Member

Last updates were on ALL servers at the same time, so why not the content update today? Especially content updates should not be late on any server.
    suka likes this.
  4. amedu Member

When SOE introduced the weekly / monthly updates, we were told that all content updates will be pushed to live server at the same time. Well.. it doesn´t look like that right now...

Gratulations to the US playerbase to world wide discoveries again ( not that we EU Players would like to have the same chance aswell ),
    starting new raidcontent earlier and get that little time-bonus to raidprogression AGAIN!

One day we will have fair a chance for all players... one day... u start to matter about paying customers over the sea

... just a mad european player ...
    suka likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

If you think that is bad, they brought down the servers again, last night, and apparently didn't do all the stuff they needed to do. So I'm going to get bumped twice in less that 24 hours. Talk about sucking. Btw, they gave us about 15 minutes notice before bringing down the servers.
  6. suka Well-Known Member

does anyone else find it interesting that
    what a great way to ensure that only one person on each server with raid gear gets the prize in a heroic dungeon, leaving all the rest of the people on the server with dirt in their hands. way to go soe- this is one of the most unfair things i have seen you do yet.
  7. Jolemai Active Member

Since when do you need raid gear to do the Temple instances?
  8. Zookeeper Active Member

That doesn't "sound" fair...for one person only to be able to get a reward and the achievement. Maybe, after discovery, everyone else can find the item on the Faction Merchant. No achievement, but you could still get the item.
    I can very much understand people feeling cross over this, but maybe crossed fingers for an as yet unannounced rectification is in order.
    Hope springs... Let's just hope that it doesn't land on its face in a mud puddle.
    suka likes this.
  9. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I just find this whole thing odd. With all the things that need TLC in game that time was devoted to something that one person per server gets.
    suka likes this.
  10. Jolemai Active Member

I may be wrong, but the last time artifacts were in the game was during EoF and they dropped for the very best players in the game at a rate of one per server. How is it different now, other than being expanded to a larger target audience?
  11. Loch Well-Known Member

Maybe it isn't clear enough from the update notes, but these new items (Ethereals) drop for anyone running the heroic dungeons. They don't have a limit on how many drop per server. So anyone running the heroics can get one. (not just raiders)

For each ethereal, there's an (Artifact) version. Pretty much an identical piece of gear (almost all stats are the same) to its ethereal counterpart, only it gives an achievement and has a special little appearance when equipped. There are only ONE of those available per server.

To me, it just seems like a fun little bonus item that you probably won't see but, hey, it's always possible. Something that would be unique to you if you found one. Because eventually, as we all know, this item will be absolute junk compared to the newest expansion gear.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

not the point of needing it- only that someone with raid gear can blaze through it while others trudge along. kind of tips it in their favor to get the one and only one on their server.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

it isn't expanded- it was never fair. that only one person per server gets it is simply grossly unfair
  14. Cuedywene Member

These are times that try men's souls...

Oh well....guess we will have to shoulder on.
    suka likes this.
  15. MayorAslynn New Member

Is this server downtime affecting installing the game? I just installed it today and it keeps giving me an error, after less than a minute of trying to install.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

there could be a number of reasons for an error. sometimes you find answers under technical support in the forums. make sure you disable your virus protector temporarily and then when you open the launcher, if you can, go in and validate the files. you will see a little button with two gears on it - click that and go to the advanced tools and check files or validate files. I am in the game so i know the downtime should not affect it
  17. MayorAslynn New Member

18. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Considering the Artifact is a random drop, all being able to blaze through dungeons means is more chances to get the drop, but Joe Newb with his first 95 could be the one who gets it. As for one per server not being fair, I would disagree, the items are unique, and with the gaining of the item being completely random for the pool of people who run ToV heroics what could be fairer? It is not as though the items are so amazingly awesome, that only one person having them gives someone an unfair advantage.
  19. Tanktop Member

Servers did not come down yet,

I guess you wait till the Hotfix at 7am PST but the EU English launcher patched my game already and cant login now
  20. harpars Member

What a mess! No one can log in now, EU players given another slap in the face.
    Crydo likes this.