Scheduled Server Downtime March 4th, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

All EverQuest 2 Servers will come down on March 4th, 2014 at 7:00 AM Pacific Time for an update. The expected downtime is approximately two hour.

Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (Live) forum once they are available.

*Time Zone Conversion
  2. Nuada Active Member

pls FIX Matchmaker in Battlegrounds or say why NOT !!
  3. Jolemai Active Member

Splitpaw, etc, are getting it at the same time this week?
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Server is down, so I'd assume yes. Especially as its content changes, broken mobs being fixed etc.
  5. TrulyVexed Active Member

Hi Luperza,
    Hope you're settling into your new role okay!

I figured I'd ask as I've seen you on the forums a fair amount recently and thought there was a good chance you'd see this, do you think it'd be possible to nudge the folks responsible for server announcements before downtime?

I appreciate that running the EQ2 Launcher shows that there is downtime coming up, and the Time Zone Conversion link is very handy for math dullards like me BUT once upon a time on Splitpaw/Runnyeye we used to have regularly updated MOTD and server announcements an hour, 30 mins, 15 mins, 5 mins before downtime.. I'd completely forgotten that there was any downtime today, was in the middle of an instance when it just went kaput.

I don't really expect you to be able to do much as this has been a common complaint for a few years now but figured I'd ask nonetheless.
  6. Luperza Community Manager

We're working on the Matchmaker issues, have no fear! I don't have much more details other than that at the moment. When I do, I'll be sure to share it with you all. :)

Yep, that's why I wrote "all servers." :D :D
    I'll ask around and see if that's even possible. I know some of our older games might not have an automated system in place for something like this.
  7. TrulyVexed Active Member

Appreciated! Like I said, they used to do this on Oasis/Runnyeye a while ago but I'm guessing it was a manual process - even if there was just one server announcement in-game (whether an hour, 30 mins or 5 mins before) it would be great as someone in-game is likely to mention it again closer to the time for those that missed it.
    Luperza likes this.
  8. Basel Noire Active Member

The server announcements usually begin (at least on Antonia Bayle) at the two hour mark, one hour mark, thirty minute mark, fifteen minute mark, and then every minute from the then.
  9. Luperza Community Manager

So you ARE receiving these downtime messages?

If you're on a server that is not receiving messaging, let me know. I believe TrulyVexed mentioned Oasis and Runneye.
  10. Tajar Well-Known Member

Splitpaw is the English server, maybe just got left off that one?
  11. Luperza Community Manager

I'm chatting with the Team to figure out what's up. :)

If only one or two servers are missing it, it might just be a malfunction or a mistake. :D
  12. Meidjum Active Member

13. Luperza Community Manager

I'm sorry my communication is not good enough for you. It's all I have to offer at this current moment though.

I'm new to the EQ2 Team, but from what I gather, we are trying to dedicate some time for one of our programmers to work solely on resolving the kinks with the Matchmaking System and get you all situated.

To reiterate, we're very aware of the issue and we thank you for your patience.

-----

Also!! An update on the in-game downtime announcements for the servers that weren't receiving it at the 30,15, and 5 minute countdowns: :)
    • We figured out what was causing the problem and we're working on a fix. Not sure on the ETA, but we're glad that we sorted that out, so thank you for informing me!
    TrulyVexed, Tariya and Calthine like this.
  14. Feylone Active Member

Meidjum said:
    “Not good enough. The matchmaker nonsense has been going on for months. Sir, your statement here is just sloppy.”

/steps on soapbox

If it's been going on for months, blame the correct people. Luperza is the community manager, not a developer. So maybe try directing your irritation at the correct people. She's stepped in and doing the best she can. So give her a break and take your comments to the correct people. Stop shooting the messanger. ;)

/steps off soapbox
  15. Meidjum Active Member

/Takes Fey's soap box

Where are the developers that should be answering this then. This is a product that (most) people pay for, the complete silence on the broke matchmaker followed by the nonchalant remarks is sloppy communication.
  16. Calthine Well-Known Member

Yelling at a Community person won't do you any good. She's taken the issue and reported it; she's no doubt told them that it's reported to be a long standing issue and people are pretty darn upset about it. Now someone has to clear some room on their sprint (or whatever system they use) to beat on it.

At least you can be assured they've been TOLD about it.
  17. Meidjum Active Member

I'm not yelling at anyone, neither am I satisfied with customer communication.
  18. TrulyVexed Active Member

Thanks for looking into it! Much appreciated!
    Luperza likes this.
  19. syberghost New Member

You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Lupe's been here like 15 minutes, give her a chance to convey your concerns to the team and respond if there's news.
    Calthine and Luperza like this.
  20. Jolemai Active Member

I understood that part :) Basically, there appears to have been a blur in the distinction between when Splitpaw, et al, get the update at the same time as the US timezone servers and when we get it afterwards.

Once upon a time we would get content updates (i.e. new zones, etc) at the same time and fixes/patches the following day. However, recently we have had a delay on receiving new content (23rd January - discussion here) and no delay on receiving a simple patch with the Channeler class becoming heroic options (4th March).

I was just wondering if things had changed.