Scheduled Server Downtime: February 12, 2015

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at approximately 4:00AM PST* for an update. Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

The Freeport server will be undergoing additional maintenance during this time. Estimated downtime for Freeport is 4 hours.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Thursday, February 12, 2015 at approximately 9:00PM PST for an update. (Approx. 5:00AM London Time on February 13, 2015) Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

Alle deutschsprachigen Server werden um 6:00 CET am 13.02.2015 zwecks einer Serveraktualisierung heruntergefahren. Die vorgesehene Stillstandszeit wird etwa 1 Stunde(n) betragen.

Le serveur de langue française sera arrêté à 6:00 CET le 13-02-2015 pour une mise à jour du serveur. Le temps d'arrêt sera d'environ 1 heure.

*Time Zone Converter

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum.
    Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums for news if additional downtime is needed.
    Juraiya likes this.
  2. Nezette Well-Known Member

BTW, Bravo Caith on the fast turnaround on the Weekly Mission category!
  3. Korucuu Well-Known Member

No mention of EU servers, can I assume the normal applies :) ?
  4. Breta Well-Known Member

The normal, one day delay? :)
  5. Korucuu Well-Known Member

That's what I suspect, but just for the sake of clarity and generally being a pain in the neck!
  6. Takky New Member

what about the EU servers?
  7. PoesyP New Member

What is up with the new update time? It is killing my prime playing time - 7am EST
    amarisa likes this.
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I've gone ahead and edited Dexella's post to include the EU and international update times.

The earlier start to the downtime is necessary because of the additional maintenance time for the Freeport server. Nagafen was this past Tuesday and Freeport is today. It's additional time that will be needed for the rest of the live servers as well at a later date. Maintenance times might return to the previous timeframe once these system updates are complete.
    Anghammarad likes this.
  9. Korucuu Well-Known Member

Thanks Afista :)
  10. amarisa Member

It is killing mine too, but apparently most are happy with it...sitting here for an hour now waiting to play and the servers are still not up and all my Everfrost characters are missing on my character select screen....:(
  11. Losadunai Active Member

Le Sigh - only have an hour to play (Oasis server) and 16 minutes of that is gone. Oh well - better things work and a few of us reschedule play time ;) hehe :)
  12. TheElder New Member

PLEASE do NOT revert to the mid morning USA time (9:00 am) as standard for downtime - the schedule you are using NOW is perfect>
    Juraiya likes this.
  13. Poopcicle Member

His name was Robert Paulson
  14. Afinia New Member

According to the server status Butcherblock server is up, I have 8:20 am est and either I get cannot find server Butcherblock trying to log in or trying server #1.....thats it. Are they up or not?
  15. Strings Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone who would have been playing during this downtime, feel free to keep doing it at this time. I'm pretty sure more people would be inconvenienced at the old time. Nobody else in my guild gets up this early.

Also, Good Luck Afista!!! <3
  16. Kalmaraa Active Member

Well these changed are encouraging to say the least. With what i heard and saw on facebook yesterday I was, and still am a bit worried when it comes to the future of EQ2. Nice to see things improving for the better.
  17. Frazzled New Member

Any news on when the servers will actual move from SOE to Daybreak?
  18. Cleaner Active Member

i don't understand this question at all. So i will comment in several possible incantations of this comments possible meanings.

The corporate transition already happened. Its just a question if it was a buyout turn around (buy out sell of the pieces) or Cash cow investments, in which case a skeleton crew will be left just to maintain, nothing new will be added and the game will become Profits no longer exceed investments.

If your thinking we are going to shift from SOE's Hardware to Some Big Server Factory and get upgraded to some new supercomputer with Game software that has superpowers, i think you might be highly mistaken. This 9 times out of 10 Never happens. Games that make it to the xbox transition eventually might have to be shifted in with better faster systems.
    It has been my suspicion for some time whether it was SOE or Dave, (depending on who was responsable for shifting assets) was going to keep life draining all the other games to death to launch smoke jumpers delusional dream of "NEXT" that might have been something if released 2 years ago, but with other F2P Sandbox games flooding the market and many with Far more impressive graphics, i don't see much coming from it, Though it would be a great platform game for xbox and kids in the 8-16 age range, that could be the next 10-15 year generation of "cash Cows"'