Scheduled Server Downtime December 16, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

[IMG]

US EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at approximately 7:00AM PST.
    Estimated downtime is 1 hour.

EU EverQuest II Live Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at approximately 7:00AM PST. (Approx. 3:00PM London Time on December 16, 2014)
    Estimated downtime is 2 hours.

Time Zone Converter
    Update Notes will be posted in the Game Update Notes (live) forum once they are available.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.
  2. Ranga Active Member

I am both surprised and concerned that there is no mention of the missing advanced adornments 11 book.

Given that there are pages upon pages of discussion about this issue, I would have expected at least a statement on it confirming that it's either a problem or the whole world and his dog are just really, really, really unlucky.

Please Afista, would you ask for a statement on this. Personally, I could have lived without any of the other changes in this update if the AA11 problem was resolved.
    Loch, Stefai, Feldon and 1 other person like this.
  3. Eshaac Active Member

Woot!! AoM writs...

Now if only they'd make writs available for the last expac

Eshaac
    Griff and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

AoM Writs...can't wait! :)
    Griff likes this.
  5. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

And the apparent under-seeding of Advanced 97's.
    Griff likes this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

If you go and read December 11th update notes and look for the tradeskill section, you will see the following line "Advanced Adornments Volume 11 should now be more common."
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

If you go read personal experiences in the aforementioned thread even the update, "should" is not the same as "are".
    Thalador, Griff and Eshaac like this.
  8. Stefai New Member

"I am both surprised and concerned that there is no mention of the missing advanced adornments 11 book.
    Given that there are pages upon pages of discussion about this issue, I would have expected at least a statement on it confirming that it's either a problem or the whole world and his dog are just really, really, really unlucky.

Please Afista, would you ask for a statement on this. Personally, I could have lived without any of the other changes in this update if the AA11 problem was resolved.
    Ranga, Today at 2:46 AM
    #2Last edited by Ranga, Today at 2:46 AM"

I fully agree with Ranga. I am also surprised and very concerned about the lack of focus on this problem.
    The missing advanced adornments 11 book. is such a HUGE problem.
    I too will ask you Afista, would you ask for a statement on this. Personally. Please.
    Stefai.
  9. Loch Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm really baffled by how so many other issues are being handled and communicated so much better than this. What is it about this and the 97 book issue that is such a secret?

Lower the XP in a group of zones and I totally understand the motivation for not wanting to jump into THAT mess and respond to it. But this? It's just a couple crafting books.
  10. Saree New Member

That message made me so excited to Finally get an upgrade to Forerunner's Magnitude & Forerunner's Cognizance. So this morning the Lemmings and I logged in all excited to upgrade only to find out there are upgrades for potions, arrows, and daggers but NO Upgrade for forerunner's! Was this a mistake that will be fixed or are we just outta luck and must go back to farming TOV for globes?
  11. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I'm looking into this more to follow up with the status of the AA11 books. As Feldon pointed out in the messaging, the books "should" be appearing more since the update on the 11th.
    Mizgamer62, Loch and Shmogre like this.
  12. Ranga Active Member

I did. That was what prompted me to post. There is still only a single AA11 on the broker on SP for 5500p and having killed mobs from 90 in WL to 101 for days on end to no avail, along with everyone else on this fora, I conclude that whilst SoE 'believed this issue is fixed, it appears that it is not.

The book is 90 and the recipes it contains are 100 so one would think the book should drop off level 90 mobs. Since probably the largest proliferation of such beasts is in WL, that seemed an appropriate place to look if it remains absent in AoM.

Perhaps that is the problem, they are 90 books but in the 100 loot tables so are not dropping in either place.

ps Thanks for looking into this Afista :)
  13. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The team has double checked and confirmed that the drop rate change for the Advanced Adorning 11 book did go live with the update.

These books have a chance to drop from all lvl 96+ humanoids in Altar of Malice zones, not on the lvl 90 mobs in older zones. With some massive slaughtering, they should be more readily available soon :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Elinea Well-Known Member

I did find one from a grimling in Tranquil Sea. I play several toons across two servers, and so far have only found one. Ever.
  15. Eshaac Active Member

What happen with the Writs? I'm not finding them on the guild adv writ agent...

Eshaac
    Quillyne likes this.
  16. Edelphia Well-Known Member

WHAT HAPPENED TO MY UNPUBLISHED DUNGEONS!:eek: I had 1200 quested crafted and sc bought items in one of 4 dungeons I am now missing since this update! Others are also missing dungeons with no rhyme or reason to what ones are missing. Please help!
    Quillyne likes this.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Did you send in a petition to customer service?
    Edelphia likes this.
  18. Eshaac Active Member

Did you not read the update notes?????

Or Windstalker post located here.. https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/dungeon-maker-changes-coming-dec-16.554967/

Eshaac
  19. Eshaac Active Member

Oh, and just noticed that the writs for withered lands are now gone off the guild hall adventure writ agent..

Eshaac
  20. Bashem Well-Known Member

As a 500 skill adorner this does not help me decide if I see Advanced Adorning 11 book on broker to pay crazy plat for it if it ever even found on it for sale which I have not seen any for sale checking daily. It would be more help to know how going from a rare drop to less rare drop mean I probuly get can wait until I get one myself.
    Also hope they can fix the AoM writs that not working or stating need to kill wrong mob!