SC Store

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Avianna, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Avianna Well-Known Member

1.) Why is it with EQ2 that the purchases in the SC store such as mounts etc... are limited to one mount for the $20 you pay? Most other F2P games if you purchase something such as a mount from the cash store ANY of your toons can then use that mount. Not to mention that other games are often cheaper than EQ2 when it comes to the cash store.

2.) What the heck is with "unlocking features" on a gold account? and then again on a per toon basis?????!!!!!! I am speaking specifically to the multi-merc function here. What a rip off that I as a paying customer should be expected to "unlock" additional features on my paid subscription. Then furthermore have to do that with EACH of my toons????!!?? I don't mind paying for a game I enjoy but please do not expect me to be hanging on to my ankles when I do!!
  2. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I agree that the AoD feature expansion should be rolled into subscription accounts. But as it is right now, it was a feature based expansion and packaged that way... SOE admitted it wasnt the best idea, and has since gone back to the traditional model. Most classes can get away without a merc just fine, but maybe one day it will be part of subscription fee.
    VeilShard likes this.
  3. Avianna Well-Known Member

it's not the idea of whether I CAN or CANNOT go without a merc, it's the idea of I pay every month to get the full game. and the features of that game should be included.

And even IF I could see paying an additional fee to unlock a feature it had better darn well be account wide rather than a per toon basis!
    VeilShard likes this.
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%, but it was a model change that SOE made, and they stated their reasoning for it. It ended up flopping and they changed back to their tried and true expansion model. Many people have stated their views as yourself, SOE has responded to our views, and now its just beating a dead horse unless SOE changes their minds on AoD features.

Again, I agree with you 100% but many threads have come and gone on this and no official change has happened.
  5. Avianna Well-Known Member

it is not simply the features of AoD but to unlock multi-merc function costs you 100 SC per merc per toon! that's ludicrous! There are far too many options in the F2P world that are cheaper than that let alone a subscription that does that!!!??? Someone please pass me the vaseline.....
  6. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

The 100SC unlock feature is just a convenience charge for not going back to Town and changing your current merc. It is most beneficial for those who have elite mercs and don't want to lose them when changing to a different one. It is not mandatory to use. I still use the SS Archon merc exclusively or maybe a collectors edition merc. I get charged alot more for convenience in the real world so I never use this.
  7. Avianna Well-Known Member

No, not mandatory but it IS in fact a game feature that I am being charged for. Would be no different than if they were charging for the appearance tab. Not mandatory but a feature.
  8. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Bottom line, EQ2 is not the traditional F2P game we see out there that just have what you call 'features' in their cash shops. EQ2 was, and still is IMO, a sub game, that is trying to be F2P to gain more playerships through the genre shifting to that model, but still wants to hold on to its membership ways.

So these features, you would have no issue with in a traditional F2P game, but since you pay a sub, you are upset over it. I get it, and yeah I'm in the same boat, been a sub since 2004. But I got over it when SOE moved to this sub/F2P mix, and realized I will play the game my way, and not get overly excited if SOE is trying to make $$ as a business as it is what they need to do to keep this game open for us all.

Again, all just my opinion, and others may vary.
  9. Maltaros Active Member

It's obvious you haven't tried a lot of the MMOs out there. Even with a sub many charge you a real world fee for keys to unlock chests, extra bank and bag slots, access to a lot of zones, etc. In EQ2 it is a few luxury features from one specific expansion. SOE has made sure you get everything you need to play the game for your sub price.
    Louly and Deveryn like this.
  10. Avianna Well-Known Member

Actually I have tried quite a few and I must say that the things I am seeing in eq2 in recent years are common to that of a traditional F2P however eq2 has both a sub and a F2P model, if as a customer I choose the sub model it should include all features.

Really looking forward to Black Abyss :)
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

And that's all you really find on the SC store... Luxuries. 99% of the product available is art assets. Mercs are somewhat of a necessity, but that's only if you can't / won't find one other player to run certain zones with.
  12. Louly Well-Known Member

What games are cheaper for the cash shop? Aion and GW2 it's what 20 bucks for 1650 gems? Hardly a good deal. And both those games you need to buy keys to unlock chests.

So what games worth playing are cheaper?
  13. Rotherian Well-Known Member

You can avoid the SC charge by going to the place where the merc hangs out (while waiting for an employer) and hiring them there. Voila - no SC charged.

So you can spend time or money. It is up to you.

If you pay a subscription, you get 500SC per month, with no additional charge beyond your subscription price. So you can spend that SC on unlocking mercs, or take a trip every time you want to change mercs and spend the 500SC on something else.