SC Promotion failing to double EB Games cards 14-09

Discussion in 'Station Cash' started by ARCHIVED-Manslayer2, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Manslayer2 Guest

Hi guys,
    Hoping a blue can post when the website is able to cash in the EB Games and double the value as per the promotion. I submitted one of two cards however it is only allocating the 1500. Attempts to add the funds in game are failing.
    I have submitted a ticket but I still have another card to cash in. Not sure if any help desk are on in the weekend so will be checking back here as well for updates so I dont miss out with my other card.
    Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Manslayer2 wrote:
    Manslayer, whats your ticket reference number? I'll be more than happy to look into this for you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Manslayer2 Guest

Hi Alex,

120914-001385

I have asked for it to be escalated as the system is identifying it as a non EBGames card. I sent in scans of the card and supporting docs but I have still be told its a no go. I called the Hamilton head office in New Zealand and they have told me the cards are the promo ones.

Not sure what can be done on your side however your reply post is most appreciated. I honestly thought that once I was told it was a system issue and then the cards scanned through it could be manually sorted at SOE's end.
    Thanks Alex
  4. ARCHIVED-Slurry Guest

I'm having the same issue. I went to EB games and got my SC Card (the only type they sell) and I didn't get my double station cash :( When queried if this was an EB games SC Card was told "these are the only ones we sell and I've never seen anything else for SC come through".
    If you can look into my ticket too, that would be awesome. NZ is a very very small place and I followed all the advertising by going into EB games and buying my SC Card there. My ticket number is 120914-001392. I uploaded a copy of my receipt from EB games as well as the SC card (the only type they sell) on my ticket thing.
    Much appreciated.
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Manslayer2 wrote:
    I'm currently looking into it right now my friend. Thank you for your patience!
  6. ARCHIVED-Manslayer2 Guest

Thank you Alex however I doubt their is much you can do SOE have made a pretty clear statement.
    After supplying scans of the cards with the correct imagery ect, proof of purchase, card numbers time and date, store and even a store managers name I was met with the reply that the UPN number is a generic number and is not elligible and SOE are bound by contract to only honour the cards bought from EB Games or Gamestore.
    Wow, not even a receipt from EB Games will change their mind. When asked how I can identify future cards from EB Games (who are the only supplyer here in Hamilton) they said they would check it for me.
    But hang on?? Dont I have to buy it first and then scratch the number to email it??
    Well, I am in a shocked and stunned state however he did say I should look out for "future promotions"!!
    I am sure anger will be the next to arrive. EB Games are just as stunned as me when I forwarded the email suggesting they may have purchased the cards from an unofficial source.
    I wont air the support comments to the forums out of respect for the good service I have always received from SOE. It is a shame that after so much effort it has been, what feels like, a shoulder off.
    After proving that I did purchase the cards from EB Games would that not have at least sufficed for a manual assistance and then a followup from SOE to distributors so at least the customer is not shouldering the loss (however insignificant) and a feeling of loss of trust?

Thanks Alex for your posts but I am pretty sure the door has now closed. I jsut didnt wish to see you lose any of your busy time.
  7. ARCHIVED-Slurry Guest

I too got the same generic response from the customer service staff. I still have my fingers crossed that Alex may be able to help. As I said before, NZ is a really really small place, and if EB games aren't even aware that they should be having these specific cards, it's almost like a "Screw you, NZ players!" from Sony.
    Come on Alex, you can do it!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Slurry Guest

Further to my post above, I have just copy pasted from one of the other forums advertising the double station cash:
    Nowhere below does it say that it must be a Specific Card, it just says it must be an SOE Pre-paid card from EB Games.
    =====================
    Head on over to your local GameStop and or EBGames to pick up an SOE Pre-Paid Card because, for a limited time only your Station Cash is DOUBLED! Imagine all the cool stuff you can do with your free money!
    Get Double Station Cash when you buy an SOE Pre-Paid Card at GameStop® or EBGames™ and redeem between September 14, 2012 through September 16, 2012.

*Redeem between 12:01AM 9/14/2012 to 11:59PM PDT 9/16/2012.
    Offer valid for cards purchased in the United Status, Canada, Australia and New Zealand only.

Message edited by Dexella on 09/12/2012 19:14:12.
    ==================================
  9. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Manslayer2 wrote:
    Check your ticket now my friend
    Slurry whats your ticket my friend?
  10. ARCHIVED-Manslayer2 Guest

Thank you Alex and the rest of you guys at customer support. This one was a real pain to sort through with two companies pointing the fingers but i am really glad SOE took it onboard and came through.
    Please pass on my thanks as well as I know how crappy Customer Services work can be.
  11. ARCHIVED-Slurry Guest

Hello Alex
    My issue has now been sorted, thank you so very much for all your help, it's good to see you working FOR the people :D
    As I said to the customer service representative, can you offer any advice to prevent this from happening in the future?
    I must run now, my Fury needs a new dress and new shoes!!
  12. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Glad to know we were both able to resolve your issues!
    Slurry, the best recommendation I would make is submit a ticket asap next time so we can at least have record of you trying. I will always be here in case you guys have any other questions./