Not A Bug Sage Indis Surion is missing in Qeynos

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by bookmarked, Apr 13, 2021.

1. bookmarked Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Non-Player Character
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Zone: Qeynos Capitol District
    Character: Level 16 Paladin

Summary: Sage Indis Surion is missing
    Description: The sage Indis Surion is missing from Qeynos Capitol District. He shows up on the map, and when I ask the Guard at the end of the bridge to locate the sage, he points to an empty spot. As far as I know, Indis is the only place in Qeynos to sell books. I'm trying to buy quest books like the Outlying Qeynos Creature Catalog and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.
  2. Daryx Well-Known Member

This could be a server dependent issue or a client-loading issue. I just checked on Maj'Dul and he is there. Go to where he is supposed to be and try typing /target indis (his name is Indis Surion, sage is a title under the name so don't use sage) and see if it targets him. It might show his distance as over 1,000; this happens sometimes although usually in places like Kelethin. Then hit your h key to "hail" him and he should pop right up in front of you, presuming you were able to target him with /target indis

Failing that, there are some other NPCs that sell those books (some in locations you won't be able to access at level 16). Try Ricka Stonehide in New Halas at -115.62, 148.62, -89.70; she sells all the books as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. bookmarked Member

Hmm, I did /target indis and my character's head tilted up and h for hail worked, but nothing appeared. However, I did pan my field of view up and there is something that looks like it's hanging off the top of the tower. I checked and can't see any stairs or other way to go up in the tower. Could he be stuck way up in the air? BTW I'm on Halls of Fate.

I did check for the books I wanted in Kelethin, but the sage there has a very limited selection (though she apparently is the only place to get the History of the Fae book).

The problem with New Halas is getting to the sage there for someone at my level. I can fast travel to Frostfang Sea, but that only gets me to the dock. The tunnel from the dock to New Halas has nasty level 20 spiders and possibly other things (presumably to keep newbies that started off in New Halas from wandering elsewhere until they've leveled up 20 or so). Keep in mind that the catalog quest is level 15 and the racial history quests start at level 1, so it shouldn't be that hard to buy a quest book.

There are also supposed to be 3 other sages in the main evil cities, but again, I'm not ready to go there yet.
  4. TechUp Active Member

Those spiders are non-aggro to all players regardless of faction. I thought the same thing when I started playing years ago but if you target them and then hover over their name, you should see that they regard you indifferently. :)

[IMG]

You can run right by them and do what you need to do in Halas other than use the bank and broker because of your faction alignment if you are "evil".
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

Indis Surion is currently exactly where he's supposed to be on HOF, through the yellow portal. And the Sage in Halas does indeed carry everything that the Qeynos and Freeport Sages do.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The sage is in the Mage Tower, you need to enter the yellow portal to go visit him.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. bookmarked Member

Those things are portals? Now how's a newbie like me supposed to know that?

This was especially confusing since the little merchant bag symbol for Indis Surion appears on the map to be outside the tower.

He was through the yellow portal and down the stairs like you said.

Thanks for your help.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. bookmarked Member

DOH! It never occurred to me to check that because they were above my level. Thanks!
    Breanna likes this.