Sad Fury ready to quit.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by firecracker, May 30, 2017.

1. firecracker Member

I made my first druid, a Fury, in 2006 and fell in love. I've swapped back and forth between Warden/Fury but in the end, always druids.

I quit near the end of Sentinel's Fate and have been trying to get back into the game for KA. I have my Fury and I still love it, but I'm tired of soloing. I finished the adventure and tradeskill timelines and am ready to start the epic 2.0 but even after all that work, I keep wondering if I made a mistake.

Every group I try to get into passes me up for a shaman. I have yet to get into a single group this expansion. I got so fed up that I used my 100 token on a Defiler but I feel like a quitter. Plus.. going through allllllll the content again..

I don't know. Did I make a mistake in choosing to continue with my Fury? I feel like I have been having this problem since 2006. No matter how good I am or how great my gear is, I'm forever being passed up for a shaman.

Is it time to hang up the HoTs and pick up some wards?
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I say stick it out with your fury. If people pass you up for a shaman, just be glad you dodged a bullet because they were probably bads if they don't know how strong Furies can be!

They added a huge group damage reduction component to pact of the cheetah just this year, and most people don't seem to know it. Combined with the other damage reduction a fury can provide, they are arguably better than shamans in a lot of circumstances, plus they can provide some really strong buffs for the group once you get your epic!

If you love your fury, stay with it. With the recent hp pool growth and some other rumored stuff coming our way, I think fury Glory days will come again soon!

If you happen to be on maj'dul, hit me up. I will take you through group zones if you need gear/epic updates. #nowardssolidarity!
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I wouldn't. I don't group so this isn't the 'shaman just wants a group' talking.

Why? Because the powers that be seem hell bent on nerfing shaman.

I couldn't tell you more than that because once again, I no longer do groups, I just know they are hitting shaman pretty hard and things seem to indicate they are going to do more in the future.
    This imo instead of fixing encounter mechanics in favor them way too much.

In any case, I fully expect shaman to be pretty broken come the next expansion. In the cycle of favored classes, we are overdue to be smacked down to useless again.

Are you only trying PUGs? Because I know there are druids out there who heal groups and do quite well, though those may mostly be guild groups. One sad annoying thing about this game is despite the ease of death recovery, they are scared to death to try anything other than the set-up they last heard is best.
    firecracker likes this.
  4. Kaydencia New Member

I agree with Soteria! Class swapping won't get you to end game and def won't make you happy in the end. Play what you love and do it well! If other people pass on you there will be one group that doesn't and that is where you need to do your best! Yes we know the defilers/mystics are clutch but with bleed through and other mechanics at play, other healing classes are making their comebacks. Epic 2.0 really put some balance out there and made raids and groups look at the other healers again. So don't fret about your fury. Rock it out and have fun!!
    firecracker and Prissetta like this.
  5. Fairin Active Member

if your thinking about the last week of being passed up for a shaman..- there are experttrash mobs that are hitting for 20million. so a shaman healer is the only one capable of runnin those right now..
    but they're being nerfed back down to druid healable levels soon (less than 24 hours) hopefully.

stick with being a fury healer.. trying to find a fury that runs their force of nature spec is like pulling teeth tho.. why is there so much hatered or the best heal in the game ... ><

also find a static group of players. that log on when you do and run zones together till you all get the stuff, it'll go better you'll have more fun and you can SLR without that random pug needing on every 1k pot item =)
    firecracker and Prissetta like this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

play PG

furies seem quite strong there !! isn't it ?

I stick on my warden also ... though I struggle sometimes to find groups .. I just won't change now. Too much work and I don't enjoy shamans (got a lvl 98 defiler but .. yeah not fun for me)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Moorefallen Active Member

Firecracker I am not trying to be mean please do not take it that way. So lets jump into the fire together.. First let me say I am in no-way an expert in your class. and the information I am about to share with you is general knowledge you need to be successful in your class regardless of what you play. IF this is your toon you are need of some work. Ok first let's start with what is the important for your toon. Resolve: yours is 86, & is way to low you need to invest in (Basic twark gear and keep in mind when upgrading to twark gear Potency is king (till you are above 20k potency then worry about other stuff). Understand that resolve is a check that you have to meet for the content your doing. to little and you are ineffective. A few things to make your self awesome... Knock out the follwoing: your epic 1.0,, learn sathirian, Do your green mist HQ & Thalumbra Sig quests. Work on Kunark ascending achievement Frontier tamer . i could go on & on but this should be enough to start getting you grp invites and if this is not your toon disregard .
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well it's more like class fashions. The wheel turns somewhat like this: People want "play balance" (whatever that is, don't ask for my definition because it will be non-complimentary and dramatic), and as a game ages, bugs get lost, forgotten, or relegated to the B-list of things to fix "someday" which never comes. Developers, being the nice people they are, try to work on these things as best they can, but y'know the budget. Too few people to do it all. Eventually a revamp is announced and loud cheers are heard, until after the implementation when people would rather 'they' did it a different way. Examples:

I've had a maxed coercer for years, but only now is it likely to get a real buff or attention, and even then it might end up that the illusionists get the goodies. If you've ever gone through the Coercer epic 1.0 you know how gruesome it is and it can turn people off, and developers are people. My concept of coercer mage is milder.

I played Swashie before and after the dps nerf, and now the nerf is gone. These things are cyclical.

I played zerker while it was riding high in the list of wanted tanks, and now it's all brawlers. Cycle of games.

Long story short: the people who are passing over you are either dolts who don't realize this cyclical nature of games (not just this one), or they're not your friends if they aren't telling you, "hey, your dps isn't there, do you mind if I work with you with a training dummy until we get it resolved?" That's a friend, one who offers to help create a win-win situation. But people who just silently pass you over aren't helping you. If they are guild leaders, they should be willing to help you if you ask. They may be willing to help, but may have a strict rule never to criticize anyone.

A few years ago I loved playing my Warlock, but had that 100k dps ceiling thing. My guild leader was very nice about it, too nice. My heart was breaking at every parse until I eventually asked him for help. Turns out he had a rule never to criticize, and just put me in groups where others would carry it.

There is so much that every player has memorized about the stats in EQ2, things that one person forgot, and another person still remembers. Like the way that some classes benefit more from their class AA's, and others are superpowerful after the Dragon Tree is full. Things like, what does defense do anyway? Because it changes nothing in the avoidance numbers. And how to figure out your actual blocking chances if you have the ability at all. Troubleshooting some mechanical thing is much easier with ACT or with someone who has it and runs it for you.

But that assumes that there is a lack somewhere. I suspect that there's nothing wrong with your playing if you've been playing that one main for so long. You probably know things about the Fury that most of us don't. I don't know if my saying this helps. But my advice is, find the nicest person passing you over, and ask them about what they value in a group makeup.

Defilers are awesome too, in the right hands. But I suspect your Fury is already in the right hands.
    Prissetta and firecracker like this.
  9. firecracker Member

I am on Maj'Dul, and that would be awesome! I just want to see some of the group content this expansion!

Unfortunately, yes, and I know therein lies most of my problem. My guild is full of really lovely people, but most of them are not interested in grouping.

I'm not sure which character you're looking at lol, but it's not mine. My Fury has something like 230 resolve and 10,500$ potency and has done everything in KA (minus the epic) along with the prerequisite content so I know I'm able to at least do T1 heroics.

Thank you, I know that everything you said is true, I've been through the wax and wane of Druid popularity many times. It just seems that a lot of people have a chip on their shoulder for Druids, that they are more favored by 'casuals' and therefore must suck. (which is both untrue and unfair)
  10. Moorefallen Active Member

No worries fire disregard then.. Have you done the GBE( goblin bone ear) HQ or gone up to PG to get the ring yet?
  11. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Send me a tell when you're ready and I'll find time :)
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

Find an active guild of people that play in your time zone. Pugs don't cut it anymore for KA Heroics and Experts.
    Earar likes this.
  13. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Well just to help out with PUGs and Heroics, I found a great new site for strategies. I haven't seen it before but Wikia used to be better updated, so I wasn't looking either. It's: http://eq2library.com/

Knowing strategies is half the battle.
    Prissetta likes this.