Run speed dropping after casting painful lamentations?

Discussion in 'Spells, Abilities, and General Class Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-luckynclover, Aug 30, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-luckynclover Guest

Hello first of all i didnt see a bug forum so if there is feel free to move this there. Ok so i am a 74 troubador..normally i have 73% run speed. i keep getting my run speed dropped to 15% after i cast painful lamentaions on a mob or group. Only way to get it to go back up is after every time this happens i unequip my Kurns cloak of speed and reequip it. Is this supposed to happen? or is there something going on i dont know about? If this is a bug...maybe can we have it looked into? btw just came back after about a years absense so there is a good chance im not knowing about something..thank you
  2. ARCHIVED-vexation Guest

Painful Lamentations is the Troub encounter attack iirc in which case sure, your run speed will drop to 15% because you're in-combat from that point on (it's normally less than that but sounds like you have AA in the the runspeed buff or maybe Marrow's Song etc)
    Once the encounter / mob is dead your run speed should return to 73%.. if it doesn't, then you're encountering a bug and should /bug it in-game.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Yep, if you're casting anything that does damage it will put you into combat, at which point only in-combat runspeed applies.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I have noticed that if I am not targetting a mob when it dies I will sometimes get stuck with in-combat runspeed. Not sure if that fits your problem exactly, but it's something to be aware of. For example, if you target a grey group of mobs, cast painful lamentations on it, and then drop your target and run away while it's still casting, when the mobs all die to your spell you will stay in combat because you weren't targetting one of them when they all died.
  5. ARCHIVED-drakkenshield Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The problem is that lately after combat is over, we aren't getting our run speed back.
    I frequently have to go through a dismount/mount cycle or a cloak off/on cycle to get it back.
    I'm not in combat, and in fact at times it has happened without having been previously in combat, though usually it is.
    Attack, kill mob, run speed never comes back until you remove and put back some speed item.
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

drakkenshield wrote:
    Yeah I've seen several runspeed bugs with ending combat. I even found a 100% reproducable method of doing it as well and /bug'd it but haven't seen it fixed. It involved targeting something else (like a node, I don't remember if it worked when targeting something attackable) just before combat ends and you get stuck with in-combat runspeed but out-of-combat power/hp regen until your runspeed modifiers change (mount on/off or anything else works).