Run speed 'bug'

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Carynn, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

I have the run speed issue where it should be 45% indoors when mounted and it says zero. Cannot do a forum search because the words "run" and "not" are apparently too short to be included as bolean terms. Did someone have a fix for this?
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

Some indoors areas do not allow the use of a mount, so you will not get the speed buff in those zones. I believe that Tier 1 and Tier 2 guild halls are some that do not allow mounts. There are also some dungeon zones that do not allow mounts, or at least there use to be (I haven't run one of those zones in a long time).
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

As a workaround, i usually carry a stack of totems of the deadly sabertooth \aITEM 920891027 -1509732103:Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth\/a on auto consume. They keep my run speed at 85% even in zones where mounts are disabled. There are also lower level versions with a lower speed buff.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

Without Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth, I would never go indoors ever. Low run speed literally hurts my soul.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

You didn't play when the game was new, did you?
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

nor is he playing on fallen gate top run speed is 29%
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

I played during launch, the low run speed hurt my soul
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

This does not answer my question. I will be more specific. Two toons are in a ToT dungeon with identical mounts equipped. One has 45% runspeed indoors and one has 0%. This was brought up in another thread as a bug that I cannot find. I was hoping the people who answered that thread with a possible fix would answer here.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

you might want to check the racial abilities folks have some races have speed boosts.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

drat waited to long couldn't edit.

also the person may have hte Jboots or some other speed enhancing item. drat
  11. Carynn Well-Known Member

Nope, neither one. Reason I know is because, for about two weeks, it was toon #1 that had 0% and toon #2 had 45%. Then I ended up with the bug that made me have to delete my UI settings on toon #1. When it was reset, toon #1 suddenly had 45% again... and a day later, toon #2 is at 0%. Deleting/resetting the UI did nothing for #2. What a pain!
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yep, mounts don't work everywhere. In some cases, you may need to dismiss your flying mount and equip instead a regular ground mount.

Otherwise, carry a stack of the best quality run speed items you can use/afford for use in dungeons, instances, and other zones where your mount doesn't work, there are some available for most levels:

Potions
    Totems
    Equipment
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Faelan Active Member

Also, was the other person a scout? They have innate run speed AA's, plus pathfinding, so even if for some odd reason they weren't keeping pathfinding up (which will share with group for increased run speed) they would still have some sort of run speed buff. My ranger can run 90%+ out of combat indoors/no mount areas easily, self buffed. It was a lot of fun in the old slow horse days, freaking ppl out :) Not sure if pathfinding needs to be recast to affect group, for a while it didn't, then for a while it did. I usually recast to be sure.
    I will add to the item list, check /claim for Journeyman's Cloak, and Ring of Swift Travel. They will be part of packs, so you will have to examine to find them.