Rum Cellar Livestream: Tues, April 7 @ 1PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Join us for the Rum Cellar Campaign Livestream on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 starting at 1PM Pacific*on twitch.tv/everquest2

[IMG]

During this stream we'll be previewing this upcoming campaign, and chatting with players via the Twitch chat!

This stream will be hosted by Holly “Windstalker” Longdale, Chris “Chrol” Garlick, and Ry “Roshen” Schueller.

Don't miss your chance to get a sneak peek of this campaign! We look forward to chatting with you on Tuesday!
    Moonpanther likes this.
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Good to hear! Will enjoy getting more information on this new system and this particular "campaign". Be ready for a ton of questions. :D
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

@roshen/windstalker
    Question: Can you please confirm, that the announcement means that there will NOT be an expansion this year and possibly not in the foreseeable future ? In my view this is what is implied, but not outright stated. It would be good to clear up the confusion.

Thanks flameweaver ;)

Given I'm UK based, it's unlikely I'll catch the live stream, hopefully you'll put it up on YouTube.
    Terrius likes this.
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

QUESTIONS:

1. Will there be any 'extra" benefits for those who sub to the game v. f2p?

2. With the once per year xpacs there was the basic one and the CE. Will there be any CE type of content with campaign releases?

Thanks in advance.
    Moonpanther
    Kuulei, Terrius and flameweaver like this.
  5. Terrius Well-Known Member

These questions are very good and should be answered in the stream please, they are very important now that DBG is changing the games payment model.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  6. Cyliena Well-Known Member

Will crafters get any content from the Rum Cellar campaign?
    Moonpanther likes this.
  7. Dellmon Active Member

If you are soliciting questions for use during the Livestream on Twitch...

Q: Could you explain the thought process and reasoning behind your decision to gather player feedback and bug reports on the beta testing of this new Campaign content via Reddit as opposed to on your own EQII forums?
    Feldon, GrunEQ, Cyliena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Heinzy Active Member

For those talking about expansions, you should know there are no more expansions planned for eq2. We will get bite sized bits of 15$ DLCs. this is how the game will forward now.
    Be warned, if you go all out and grab all the dlc they release it will end up being costly. pick and chose your path from now on.
  9. Lostmymind New Member

Looks like the people running things conveniently forgot what a failure the last attempt to release campaigns was.
    1. Why are changes the players (that aren't devs) don't want and didn't ask/clamor for being forced onto us? This seems like something that is going to divide or run off your customers.
    2. Last time I checked successful businesses made money by giving their customers want they liked, wanted, or demanded. Did you EQ2 people forget who is paying to keep this game running?
    3. Why isn't fixing your last buggy expansion AoM not taking priority, and why have you not spent the money and resources on solving the extreme lag instead of creating more zones for the players to lag out in?
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Please do not post inaccurate information like this. It's not helpful.
  11. Rainmare Well-Known Member

did this get put on youtube? I'd love to watch it. Oh. I misread my clock. that's today heh sorry! I'll be there. But what I want to know is how is this going to fit in with the story, condering the main thrust seemed to be Lanys/Shissar/Akhevea. Seems like a 'campaign' about the Brokenskull isn't going to do much for the story itself. I'd much rather learn if the Primordial Malice was successful, and if they were..what the plan is going forward with a revived Lanys?
    suka likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 'story' synopsis is essentially "The far seas supply company is cutting off the rum. The pirates are all hot and bothered by it. The players decide to help the pirates who have always caused a bunch of problems because, aparrently, we can't stand the idea of a sober pirate....".
  13. Katanallama Well-Known Member

~ just a friendly bump :3

My question would be what are the extra benefits of purchasing this content beyond the general new zone access / items within.

The new Ferrin items were placed on the old merchant at the docks, we're expecting the class abilities / tank gear changes which aren't locked to this, there's a mariner bell next to the new zone - are we paying for access to that bell?

Also, what will make heroic / raid geared characters want to do the two solo versions of the zone? Will the solo rewards rival AoM heroic gear, or just offer yet another solo zone simply to enjoy when starting out at level 100?
  14. Rainmare Well-Known Member

blast it I missed the podcast....anyone got a synopsis of it or have it on youtube?
    suka likes this.
  15. Malleria Well-Known Member

Didn't miss it. Should be starting in ~20min.
  16. Foretold Well-Known Member

According to my watch, it starts in 20 minutes...?
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

I missed it :( Will there be a youtube version posted at some point? Was anything answered? Is Feldon going to have a write-up? :D
    Feldon and suka like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

ahh- kk - will there be a repeat? maybe we can see it next time. you know the old saying, if anything can go wrong it will
  19. suka Well-Known Member

so they didn't cancel it?
  20. Foretold Well-Known Member

Nope, I watched the whole thing except for the last five minutes. It happened :D