Rum Cellar Collection Quest

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Kibah, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Kibah New Member

I'm looking for "Sigil of the Farmage" in Rum Cellar. The Wiki says "Stowaways" advanced solo, but I've run 3-4 chars twice a day with no luck. At this point, I'm pulling my hair out. :( Also, I noticed I only get 3 shinies, but in the other 2 "Stowaways" I get 4. Is there something I am missing here? The 3 have been boss drops........

Thanks!
    Kibah - HOF
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Sometimes the rare collection pieces are just ... rare. Every drop is its own dice roll, so it's not like you have a long losing streak and then the game decides to take pity on you.

I aggressively farmed the Arcanna'se Spire for weeks and weeks with multiple toons, resetting as soon as possible because I *really* wanted Aspect of the Departed for one of my toons. About half of that was spent trying to get the last single collection piece I needed. "Patience, grasshopper!" I kept telling myself.

I don't know nuttin' about the number of shinies that are supposed to drop in the instance, alas.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  3. Kibah New Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa - wasn't sure of there was 1 other shiny somewhere besides the 3 bosses or Wiki had the zone wrong. So far it's not nearly as bad as camping drops in EQ1 for 14 hours per day........
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Look up the exact name of the collection piece on EQ2U, there is often crowd-sourced drop info.
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  5. Evilgracie Member

So I have 5 collections I need for the Rum Cellar Collections. The wiki says they are yellow shinies in Stowaways AS. I have run Stowaways AS about 200x across several characters. I have NOT gotten one item for any of those 5 collections. Not one out of 25 from 200x run throughs... What could be wrong? Fairly frustrated... These are labeled a basic, not meta collections.
    Coins of the Vanguard
    Arrows of the Sureshot
    Keys of the Swordsage
    Weapons of the Blademaster
    Idols of Charanda
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got quite a few of the Rum Cellar shinies by feeding fertilizer items to "a fathomlurker shiny seeker", which is the reward from the Achievement "Lore Delver in Terrors of Thalumbra" that you get for completing the tradeskill and adventure signature quests in Terrors of Thalumbra.

Order of the Rose of Erollisi in the T1 guild hall in North Qeynos, Maj'Dul server, has the fathomlurker. and the hall is open to visitors, if you don't have one yourself.

I also mentored down and obsessively ran Rum Cellar until I finished the last of the collections.
    Breanna likes this.