RoV cannot accomodate 20 peoples ....

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kalika, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Small zone with Hqs, put limit at 12.

Also got issues in Runny and OLS is probably summoner playground.

Why keeping such a contested mess, just turn everything into instances or at least zones with HQ updates.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

No please. Some of us enjoy the contested battle. 20 is a good number for RoV. Everything turning to instances was a massive downslide for this game. Contested content is what made this franchise. I think some expansions like EoF / RoK had a good mixture of instanced and contested. But too much instance is a major turn off to me.
    Bekkr, Pixistik and Finwen like this.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Lol you love the mess with 20 people in RoV? the zone can barely accomodate two groups. The game of who pulled first is extremely stupid, who tabbed faster or who got the fastest long range abillity. So you belong to this kind who enjoy pulling through another group, it is just childish behavior.
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain it is coded like this:

If all current instances have >17 people in them, then spawn a new one. ie, they are coded at 18 now, but every currently open instance needs 18 in it before it opens another.

Different dungeons seem to be coded at different numbers, but RoV and FG seem to be 18. If there are already 2-3 close to full instances, have different members of your group go into the appropriate instance(s) to fill them to force a new one to be offered.

Other zones like perma and sol eye, seem to be around ~40 players before another is available.
    Kalika likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Yes I like contested dungeons, I enjoy the added excitement of other groups contesting the pulls. God forbid you run into other people while playing a MMO. If you want a world of instances go play WoW or come back 3 months when DoF hits.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah sunday we managed to more or less created RoV2, we were 3 and it popped with third member, so the two other zoned out and then could zone in RoV2. The switch instance clicking on a groupmate is not available in RoV

RoV should be at 12 because no group is hunting in the non heroic are, Fg 2-3, WC 1-2, Sh 2, RE 2-3.

Solusek at 40 must be really bad but i think quest updates are mostly clickies.

Thee are a few instantiated instances - already mentioned - , the tower in the Commonlands (mid teen), the gobelins catacombs (Antonica near oracle tower) for 25-30, and Zek 35-40. Wondering if Fyst is doable by a regular high 30 low 40 group of if he is still epic and require rather 45+ and sustained dps/regen (summoners, illu etc ..).
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

Where you see excitement i just see fool behavior and annoying peoples. Typically kill stealing the Pegasus from a mage in Eq1 would never ever excite me.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

RoV wouldn't be so bad if the content wasn't so trivial. But like Zenji said, competing for spawns and drops is part of the fun and really the only thing that adds any sort of challenge to the game. Playing leapfrog with a competing group to reach and pull the named first is an incredible amount of fun, especially when the two groups are trying to screw each other up along the way.
    Zenji likes this.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

This is where the different point of views begin, something has to belong to you for it to be "stealing". In a contested zone none of the mobs belong to anyone, they are all up for grab.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

The level 41 summoner that just invises around the zone and solo's all the nameds as they spawn is really a totally different problem ;)

I think 3 groups is right for RoV, but it gets to be a problem when all 3 groups are fighting for the back half of the zone. When you cut the zone in half, 3 groups can pretty much keep every mob dead.
    Kalika likes this.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

LOL 41 ? is that real ... a conjurer can do taht around 35, at 41 you do OLS certainly all the outside mob and may be some inside since you get vehement skn and stoneskin. I don t remember what level my conjurer was but i m sure some named were yellow.

And for mister Iksar the reaon i play MMO is to collaborate with people not to piss them off, on top there is no actual competition since encounters get locked on pull.