RoS Starter Box of Gear Missing

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by dorotea, Nov 21, 2021.

1. dorotea Well-Known Member

For a few days I saw people mentioning this in chat - went over and looked today and sure enough it was gone.
    Twyla and TanekDK like this.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes its been removed on purpose because of an issue with it
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

So not our imagination but not a bug either - thanks. May it soon return cured of whatever issue ailed it.
  4. TanekDK New Member

I hit 120 on my first character (also the long way) and as per advice of already-max level friends I went to Fordel Midst to get the new stuff from Tishan's Lockbox, but I couldn't find it. Guildies came over to show me, but yeah it was gone.

I realise that it's about a week until VoV expansion, but I'd really like the better gear to prepare myself for the new content.

Any official word on what exact was wrong, and whether it will be put back into the game?

For now I'll zoom the Yun Zi quests, hoping the gear from there is at least comparable.
  5. Xavid New Member

We still have no news! When will it appear again?
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

In the meantime, it may be worth going to The Blinding and using the box there. It's not as good (165, I think?) but better than nothing. Although not better than crafted. Although the Fordel Midst stuff is also not better than crafted - it's mostly the runes you want from the boxes, which you'll find lesser versions of on the armor in the Blinding crate.
  7. TanekDK New Member

It's back up. I was running back and forth doing the RoS tradeskill timeline, and saw that the lockbox is back.

In the meantime I did all the Yin Zi/Panda quests, way up to current, and the Hua Jubilee gear from there is slightly better than from the lockbox, like 225 resolve vs 195. Also, the Hua Jubilee adornments from the Panda vendor are worth it alone, as the Lockbox items have no adornments in them.
    Aethos likes this.
  8. TanekDK New Member

Correction: When purchasing the gear, it does have adornments in.
    Aethos likes this.