RoR Music Box Quests

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Ichoris, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Finally figured I should do these before the next expansion comes out.

I examine the music box. It tells me to search for clues. Not too bad I just look around and try to find the monster I need to kill. It has the quest kill target icon over it's head. It then sends me to another zone to get the next clue. I assume by finding and killing another monster.

I don't like using the Wiki. I like to try to figure the quests out. I must be missing something because I have no idea what monsters I should be looking for. I don't see any quest icons over any heads. How do you figure out what you need to kill? I just want a hint. I would rather not use the Wiki to find out. I do see there is a little icon next to the quest step. It's really hard to tell what it is. Is that a clue to what monster I need to kill?

Unless I'm missing something I don't see how anyone would figure out what to do without just killing random monsters and hoping something happens. Does everyone just look at the Wiki? I some point someone figured it out to write the Wiki. Not sure what I'm missing here. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I have no knowledge to help you as I haven't really done much on the adventure side in Ro. But I do fully agree with you about hating using the Wiki or any guide to be honest. Seems there are more and more quests coming out that says do something but doesn't give you a clue to what that something is. Only suggestion I can offer is to really read the quest dialog when accepting the quest. Sometimes that gives you a clue but not always.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Most quests these days give you enough of a clue within the quest journal themselves, but as you said-- discovering the information is part of the challenge. Sometimes there's no harm in using the wiki. The game's loading screen tips even recommends it.

Yes, if you see an orange quest feather by a monster's name, it means it is needed for some quest in your journal. If it's a blue quest feather, then someone in your group needs that monster for their own quest.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  4. Ichoris Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell there is no clue on what monster you need to kill in the quest dialog or quest entry. Unless it's that little icon I can't really read in the quest log is a clue. I just don't see how you would know what to kill based on the quest text I read. I would love someone to explain what I'm missing.

Unless everyone just uses to Wiki. I can normally figure the quests out. Even the hard ones but this just seems to be lacking info. Someone figured it out to make the Wiki entries. That is why I feel I must be missing something.

If the answer is you can't figure it out based on the quest info and use the Wiki then that is poor quest and game design. I guess if nobody has any clues and I can't figure it out then I will need to look at the Wiki. I really don't want to do that.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Just remember that wiki is only updated with information submitted by players who discovered how to complete the quest in the first place.
  6. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I figured it out. As I had suspected it has to do with the strange icons next to the quest steps. It's hard to make out what they are. Some were clear and I guessed at the ones that were not. Might be have better if these icons were larger or more clear. It was hard to tell what some of them are. Oh well. The quest does mostly have the info needed to complete to quest. Even if it's hard to read the icons.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Do you mean the icons of the creatures in the quest journal? that's honestly nothing new for this game.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Yes. True they have been used before. To my knowledge this is the first time it's the only way to figure out a quest. Besides these hard to read icons I see no other info that gives any clue to what you are supposed to do.

It's fine I figured it out. I'm sure others have as well. Whoever made the Wiki figured it out. I just think it could be clearer. Doesn't matter I guess. It's old content now and people will just use the Wiki.
  9. Chikkin Well-Known Member

good that you figured it out, yes the icons are sillouettes of mobs that you need to kill
    Get ready for more of the same mechanics in Ballads expansion ;)
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Shame there is more of this in the next expansion. It's not bad but some of the icons are really hard to tell what they are supposed to be. Maybe if they were larger or more clear. I didn't really find these quests that fun. Oh well.
    GrunEQ likes this.