Rogue Wisdom Line

Discussion in 'Swashbuckler' started by ARCHIVED-Kanlei, Jun 13, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kanlei Guest

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about SOE changing the rouge Wisdom line. There was a change to the warrior line that was very similar to the rouges line and I know that the brawler str line was changed.

Could of the mechanic folks plz take a look at the wisdom line, as I see it right now, it is only useful for lvling up. Anyone with a brain cell would not probably use the wis line once they have reached lvl 80.

What do the rest of you rogues think? I would personally like to see it changed like they have done with the brawler and warrior line.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tivahna Guest

I don't know if you should be trying to change ANYTHING about ROGUE. When you can't spell the class name properly. We're not a color....
  3. ARCHIVED-urgthock Guest

Personally I would love to see the wisdom line changed. It has been fubared ever since itemization changes to 1 handed weapons.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kidou Guest

How about giving it a large DPS increase in the final skill? Maybe enough to where it'll be somewhat comparable to pre-one hander change.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kanlei Guest

You know someone looks for constructive feedback and there is always that one person that has to pick at people's spelling, but hey you get the idea.

I'd like for SOE to take a look at the line myself.

Edit: the filter has cut off most of what I wanted to type. Such a shame really.
  6. ARCHIVED-BaronVonPitviper Guest

I'm totally happy with the STR/AGI/INT 70/70 in rogue so far. Making the WIS line good again would cause me fits of insomnia. Only spend the time fix it if they raise the AA cap :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

They could remove the 1 hander restriction and make us gods
  8. ARCHIVED-Mörk Guest

I'd like to see Coule add some base avoidance (dodge, for example), and the DA on Unencumbrance converted to Flurry (with the amount modified ofc, I don't expect 44% flurry- say 4%?). Some love for Lunge Reversal would be nice too.
    EDIT: okay, so asking for Accuracy might be a bit of a stretch. I can't understand why anyone would be satisfied with the Rogue tree as it stands, however... every point i use maxking out WTP or Torp Strike, seems like a criminal waste.
  9. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

Really I've found Wisdom to be useless even when leveling. since they've redone old gear, you will never find a situation while leveling where you will get one uber weapon to which there is no equal in the near future. Even for leveling, just dual wield master crafted weapons and you don't need wisdom line.
    There's only like 1 or 2 AA set ups worth a ____ in the rogue kos tree.
  10. ARCHIVED-miserythedrow Guest

Even leveling I would have to say the Stamina line is a better tree to go down. You still get great damage and a big boost to survivability with that shield. Worked well enough for me. Heck at times I could function as the tank.

That aside though I will say I would LOVE the wisdom line redone. When I hear swashbuckler I really do get behind the one handed weapon only concept. I think what would help is a boost to critical somewhere in there. The double attack boost is nice but starts to become wasted at higher levels with the buffs from others kicking in. Also the fast auto attack makes it harder to get all your auto damage in with your skill damage.

Maybe a bigger boost to hurricane down it? Help our AoE status?