Rogue GU beta to patch.. the changes from a Brigand perspective

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Gelenor, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Gelenor Well-Known Member

Ok my perception or Rogue changes post beta. . looking good to change from Brigand to Swashy still, Though Swashy lost reset to everyone. Welcome to Brigand world .. we lost Double up (double cast) to everyone a while back. A lot of the changes rely on auto attack meaning something for both classes.. which is not the case right now. The Fervor and utility of Swashies will make them more popular. The De-buff function of Brigands is almost useless with current values. Happy to take comments without going Benito on you.

Rogue
    • Increased the amount of Fervor granted by Coordination by 200% - stayed the same
    • Increased the amount of Crit Bonus granted by Blackguard's Luck by 100% - fixed was 17.5 per tier which was backwards. now 80% increase but does not state on base wait and see
    • Increased the amount of Crit Bonus Overcap granted by Blackguard's Luck by 80% -fixed was39.4 per tier instead of 21.9 which was a nerf... now 80% increase but does not state on base wait and see
    • Increased the damage of Pirate Stab by 63% - stayed the same
    • Increased the base auto-attack multiplier granted by Opportunistic Cover to 244% instead of 0.34 per tier - fixed
    • Increased the Weapon Damage granted by Remarkable Mobility to 0.34 per tier - base is 4.9 per tier.. so nerf and what a waste
    • Lie Low will grant Crit Bonus overcap while active - unless attached the primary ability Shadow Slip, a complete waste
    • Increased the Crit Bonus granted by Lie Low to a base of 93.7 - unless attached the primary ability Shadow Slip, a complete waste
    • Ruthless Cunning will grant Weapon Damage overcap while active - no value specified still
    • Increased the Weapon Damage granted by Ruthless Cunning to a base of 27.5 - stay the same - unless change to auto attack, practically useless right now
    Brigand
    • Increased the base damage of Gut Rip by 60% - increase by 47%
    • Increased the base damage of Forced Arbitration by 37% - stayed the same
    • Increased the combat mitigation reduction of Entangle by 50% - stayed the same
    • Increased the base damage of Battery and Assault by 319% - increase by 94%
    • Increased the base instant damage of Backstab by 563% - 453% increase for flank/behind /range 5
    • Increased the base overtime damage of Backstab by 186% - 66% increase for flank/behind /range 5
    • Increased the base damage of Rob by 511% - 141% increase for shroud/flank/behind /range 5
    • Increased the combat mitigation reduction of Mug by 30% - stayed the same - combat mit almost useless
    • Increased the base damage of Murderous Rake by 186% - reduced by 34% for flank/behind/range 5
    • Increased the combat mitigation reduction of Murderous Rake by 11% stayed the same, almost useless
    • Increased the combat mitigation reduction of Dispatch by 43% -decrease 100% useless
    • Increased the base damage of Bum Rush by 216% - increase by 73% for flank/behind/range 5
    • Increased the base instant damage of Shank by 306% - increase by 64% for flank.behind/range 5
    • Increased the base overtime damage of Shank by 277% - increase by 87% for flank.behind/range 5
    • Increased the base damage of Double Blast 371% -stayed the same.. only Brigand ranged attack
    Swashbuckler
    • Increased the base auto-attack multiplier granted by Reach by 130% Increase
    • Increased the base damage of Lucky Gambit by 364.% increase by 207%
    • Increased the base damage of Flurry of Blades by 223.% - increase of 227%
    • Increased the base damage of Flourishing Strike by 150.% -decreae of 43%
    • Increased the base damage of Snap of the Wrist by 307.% - increase of 94%
    • Increased the base damage of Counterattack by 85.% - decrease by 57%
    • Increased the base damage of Shanghai by 278.% - increase by 87%
    • Increased the base damage of Storm of Steel by 278.% - increase 87%
    • Increased the base damage of Dashing Swathe by 247.% - increase of 80%
    • Increases the combat mitigation reduction of Evade Blame by 50% - they asked, they got it
    • Increased the base damage of Razor Edge by 447.% - increase by 226%
    • Increased the base damage of Arctic Blast by 540% - Increase by 248%
    • Increased the Fervor and Weapon Damage bonuses of Cocky Maneuver by 100% - stayed the same fevor too
    • Increased the Fervor granted by Marauder's Vaunt by 148% - Stayed the same but very nice
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

You may want to copy/paste the rogue/brigand specific callouts and make a bug report in the forums so it gets seen by the right folks. There is already one for rangers where the posted % increases don't match live results, and this was something that happened in beta as well.
  3. Spurn Member

I've been watching my beloved brigand class slowly erode over the last couple of expansions. It isn't that we have been nerfed, its more that we have been ignored and the game mechanics have slowly left us behind and our utility (debuffs) have become less and less relevant while our dps has moved from decent T1.5ish to meh T2ish.

I know, I know, we are supposed to be T2 but you could mitigate that in the past and our debuffs actually really mattered.

Add to that the impact game lag has on a class that depends on quick casting and chaining spells (Double Up or Crimson swath, or chaining our debuffs) and the class is weaker than I can ever recall. Plus, no decent damage poison to help out!

First expansion in a long time I've decided to mostly sit out raiding or anything beyond super casual play.

I was hoping for a bone this GU but it doesn't look like it we got quite what I was hoping for.

Bah humbug!
  4. Kolt New Member

Yep swash didn't get much of a boost either, healers and utility can out parse us so whats the point really? Why get a swash or a brig when you can get another healer or enchanter to heal / regen and parse? I'm not waiting another year or two playing a worthless class hoping for a fix if its not done soon, nor will I switch to a "favorite" class. Thanks for nothing Devs.
  5. Vellox_EQ2 Member

I guess I swung and missed - need to try a picture / 1000 words deal

[IMG]

Same Icon - same basic spell - just missing that first 1 - I know it is only a 1

[IMG][IMG]

I am beginning to see a trend extra "1's" ecerywhere

[IMG]

So powerful

[IMG]

Even as a single attack brig has nothing even close
    Copied and pasted from EQU - off player's spell windows

I know I am venting and wasting my breath

I know a Dev will never see this - comment on - give a S---

All the BS about class re-balance is just that

The "so-called" fixes to brig were either
    A: BS
    B: Never happened
    C: changed and then .... OOOOPS... never saved.... lol

Wish someone with some construct comment would come along

I think they are lost out there with the class fix

yea yea yea I know - I should shut up and betray
  6. Vellox_EQ2 Member

Well I see that Necros got nerfed

Congie got nerfed

Brigand was nerfed at beginning of xpac and the "so-called" scout "fix" wasm't one ......

Sad day when the only solution to fix things is to make all but the flavor of the year useless

Guess the Dev's pm;y play assasin - ranger - and swashy

Grats you guys for missing the axe that had killed the fun for rest of us

Swashy tops patse amd more the double my parse in raids I attend (equivalent gear)

Necro "use"d to be competitive

Cant wait to see who gets screwed over next....

Little wonder so many players have been leaving
  7. Rucnisol New Member

I came back to the game shortly after RoS launched. and started raiding again in febuary. after spending several months at 5b dps due to lack of gear and spells i am finally hitting between 75b to 150b depending on group make up and the fight. they really need to redo the scout to where our weapon damage actually matters. that used to be half a brigands dps back in DoV.
    i would love to see some casting orders from other brigands to see if i can get more dps out. and i am willing to share my macro with other brigands to help them out. i might not be the best but i do the best i can with what i have.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

On one hand it's actually nice to see swash "beating out" brig.

On the other hand, its not even due to our individual merit but extremely clumsy oversight.
  9. Dusano Matron of Lore and Innovation

New broken class please? Chronomancer would be a nice class for MK and channeler would be removed from it