% Riposte items?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Twofeets, Mar 10, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Twofeets Guest

Ok, first off, Im a defense junky. I know there's some nice adornments out there for offensive, but Im asking for when Im in defensive mode...

Since we really dont have riposte, do items with % riposte help us? Im asking for 2 in particular. The Balanced Ayr Stone, which states 'Caster will Riposte 2% of incoming frontal attacks. Attacks from other quadrants will have the same chance of being parried'. And the Danak Essence Vial Necklace, which has the exact same effect...

Does it work like the wrist pieces, which give 2%-3% more parry? I know on my templar, these add avoidence and give a templar parry, even though they dont have the parry skill. If it this Riposte works the same for us, see where it could be huge for my type of build. Anyone know for sure before I spend the coin?
  2. ARCHIVED-Arkinon Guest

It seems the current trend in ROK is Stam / Avoid / Parry. While I personally dont reject any items with def/parry as a pally i tend to gravitate towards items that have aggression / def / threat proc. When it comes to reposite as a skill im not certain I have never tested this to any extent, but if you get an item that uses it as a proc it will help some. As far as the particular items go im not familiar with them so unless i have a chance to see what it would affect stat wise I couldnt say. sorry i cant be more help.
  3. ARCHIVED-Twofeets Guest

Thank ya,

Posted this question on Flames and got an answer :). Yes, they work, kind of like the wrist parry adornments do for templars. Personally, Ive pretty pretty lucky as far as aggro goes, so been able to shoot for defense without lose'n aggro. I do carry DPS set of gear as well though.