Ridiculously high token cost

Discussion in 'Battlegrounds' started by ARCHIVED-Sythril, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Sythril Guest

So it costs at least 5000 battlegrounds tokens to buy a single piece of levle 92 gear for battle grounds (the extra 1000 or so comes from having to buy the level 91 version first, not to mention the level 90 version).

In a typical match, if we watch to be generous and assume a good winning streak, we can assume 50 tokens per match for a 5 minute match.

That means, in order to buy a single piece of 92 gear, you have to participate in roughly 100 five minute matches, which comes out to over 8 hours of matches for a single piece of gear. That is being generous, so you can expect it to actually take over 10 hours per a peice of gear.

I was hoping I would be able to make one of my characters effective in battlegrounds in a shorter timeframe. I like battlegrounds but not enough to play it all day, every day, for weeks on end. I don't have that much spare time anyway. I was hoping it would be more casual friendly, but you could likely outfit yourself in raid gear quicker than you could outfit yourself in battle grounds.

I'm just really disappointed is all. I was hoping for some more casual friendly redemption as someone who hates Skyshrine. I can't get a group in skyshrine because I don't have any raid gear or even group gear, and there is no way for me to outfit myself with a basic set of gear that will make me effective in groups. You have to group in order to group in skyshrine. I've done the solo quest to kill the dragon a million times, and it just isn't cutting it.

So I don't group because my gear is too terrible (its the solo-quest gear from skyshrine), I don't have time to raid anymore, and I guess I should just wait until the next expansion many months from now and hope the game becomes group friendly for casual players then.
  2. ARCHIVED-Sythril Guest

I miss TSO back when you could do a daily quest and in a month or so be able to craft a set of gear that would make you effective in groups and meet the minimum requirements for raid. Skyshrine has no system like that.
  3. ARCHIVED-Twyxx Guest

Asylus@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yeah, I can see it being tough for a casual with limited time to get the pvp gear. But with the pve/pvp gear equality I think you have some decent options for gearing still. You should be able to get groups for covenant and lyceum and be able to get a little more respectable. Or you can find contested groups to get your faction up to 50k and get some faction gear that should be a big upgrade for you and let you get in the bgs and have more survival. Contested groups usually don't even care if you're lvl 92.
  4. ARCHIVED-Proud_Silence Guest

The gear is indeed extremely expensive, considering what it takes to get SS faction gear which actually seems to work just fine for pvp.
    It's also extremely alt-hostile, since i can't imagine having the energy to get a second full set, heck i doubt i will ever deck even one toon fully out.
    I would say i have fought a lot of Bg matches since GU, i've gotten the T2 Chest piece, T2 belt and T2 earring, which all in all cost me about 4500 tokens. and i'm already getting kinda tired of the same patterns on the 3 maps (still only 3 maps, like at original release omg !!!!!)
    The concept of BG is ok, but there's just a lot of things still making it taste bitter. still getting bugs where you end up as white/neutral player, unable to participate, and on top of that, you get truancy buff if you leave that match, even if you leave before it starts. come on you gotta be able to fix that.
    Endless times i've ended up in klak matches with 1 team 0 healers, other team 2 or more. the other night it was me as warlock and 5 healers. vs a grp with 2 healers, 2 tanks, illu and coercer. thanks for letting me nuke nonstop an entire match but groups could have been handled better, as i doubt either side queued up as premade group like that.
    Anyway, enough derailed, the costs are old school style, its been a few years since i had to grind so much for single pvp items. But tbh i wish toughness and lethality would actually have more effect. with my 3 T2 pieces i seriously can't noticed any difference at all, if anything, my dps went down because i switched out 172 / 10 CB, Potency items for 145stat items with either toughness or lethality.
    and the whole ui is simply not explaining to me what my pvp stats are and where i draw what kind of powers from. It's all just rushed and half baked, when it could have been a really great pvp item GU.
  5. ARCHIVED-Slittherss Guest

meh since Dozekar now drops EM skyshrine BP's the only 2 peices worth getting now for a compentent raid guild is Shoulders (Unless they can down CM Ikiatar), and an Earring (Well I would cause the other earring that i want is on Sevelak and the other one that drops is crap with the Block Chance on it, speaking as a scout). Other than that alts get Skyshrine Faction, BG in this game is a big joke anyways, Compare it to DAoC if you played that no other MMO's pvp comes close.